Author Topic: Queensland Sidecars  (Read 3849 times)

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
Queensland Sidecars
« on: September 15, 2014, 06:21:30 AM »
Went to watch yesterday at QMP which is a QVMX event, it was a very poor showing, with 1 sidecar showing up, I'd heard 3 days earlier that there was to be 5-6, I can't help but think it won't be long before the sidecars soon won't be included and sorry but they have only them selves to blame, they already avoid riding at BMCC events for what ever reason, soon it will be another sorry page in the sidecar history, bit of a shame really.
Before I cop a paste-ing I no financially people are hurting but you have to support your club other wise eventually you will have no where to race, any way happy sidecaring to you all..
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
Re: Queensland Sidecars
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 08:17:27 AM »
Actually had two sidecars there Popeye, but mine stayed on the ute while I swung for Davey Mattock.
Just for the record, we got two holeshots, lead all the way and cruised home for good wins.
We missed the last race after mud built up in the primary sprocket cover and bent the shifter shaft, we coulda kept up our quick pace and should be given the points for the last round as we had all comers shot to bits....it was a "no contest" really. :o
Sadly though, you are correct. ::)

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 02:12:03 PM »
sorry to hear, yes we are in a demanding time, I personelly find it hard to get the money or the time but just keep trying, we will see how it goes, all the best to you all ;)

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 09:01:41 AM »
There were two sidecars practising at Harrisville while Vaughn and Dave flew the flag at the QVMX meet. Go figure.
Sidecars are invited to every official QVMX and Brisbane MCC meet in the Sup regs, it's up to you guys whether you show up.
To show the love, sidecars are invited to the Harrisville practise next Sat regardless of numbers.

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 08:34:07 AM »
We are all "priming" ourselves to go south next month and these old sidecars are very fragile, as are the riders, so we are pacing it a bit.
We were very lucky on Sunday as we had a g/box issue and it was best to find it at QMP rather than all the way down in Sth Oz.

There is no reason not to support our clubs though as without them we will be organising our own events.

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 10:24:19 AM »
its was fun watching you two sliding around corners on Sunday. have a safe trip and bring back the trophy's !!!     ;)
My fastest lap is the first one :)

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 03:20:50 PM »
Old mate on the outside of the 1st turn had a grin a mile wide.  :o :D :D

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile