Author Topic: c#@%s stole my bikes at Bendigo  (Read 11236 times)

Offline SUZUKI311

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
c#@%s stole my bikes at Bendigo
« on: September 04, 2014, 09:40:43 AM »
Last night the, the night of the 3rd September, some assholes broke in to my shed and stole three bikes, here in Bendigo. My restored 1991 CR250R , my wifes 2001 XR80 and a mates XR80 2000 Model. the shed was locked, the alarm was on, the dogs were outside and dint bark. Our bedroom is only about 5 metres from the shed, but didn't hear anything. The only good thing was I had pulled the tank and seat off my 2013 KTM 250XC to lend to Riley Graham to put on his 250SX for the AORC round this weekend, so my bike looked like it was in pieces, and it wasnt touched. They didn't touch my chainsaws, brushcutter or anything else, just those bikes. Also left behind the kids PW50 & CRF110. My CR is very distinctive in that it is immaculate, has a new chrome pro-circuit pipe and muffler, and an ohlins shock, and (when I saw it last anyway) my race no. of 311 on a green background. Lots of little details, like all original plastics, renthal bars, 2012 CRF450 front master cylinder. Any one who may see it please contact me or the BENDIGO POLICE, 0354481301.
1977 RM80B-UNDER CONSTRUCTION-(Still after 11 years !) 2017 KTM 350EXCF , 96 CBR600, . Member of Bendigo Motorcycle club since 1981, Viper No. 311 (old VMBA Number!!)

Offline redrider1

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: c#@%s stole my bikes at Bendigo
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 11:16:31 AM »
Thats not good.
They seem to be taking the small kids bikes and a big bike to go with it, the same situation as what we had.
Will keep an eye out for them.
Any features on the XR80s that make them stand out?

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 11:38:55 AM »
Get some photos and start spamming every forum and FB page you can find.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 09:50:55 PM »
Passing the word around the rest of the City of Bendigo and Shire of Campaspe waste transfer stations to keep all eyes out for possible dumpings . Not good 311 may your family get them back soon and in good order.   Tim754
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 09:56:04 PM by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 10:30:35 PM »
b$@stards

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 10:56:19 PM »
Sorry to hear that I will keep an eye out as I'm sure every one will.

Did your alarm go off the actual cheek of criminals these days is amazing.

It seems to happen more and more and these days you always have to worry about this kind of thing and it sucks you shouldn't have to.

You work hard to have nice things then some a hole comes and takes it and you could bet they be screaming if anyone took something of theirs.

Do you have problems with ice addicts in bendigo I know it is big here in Geelong and they will do anything to get money.

1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 08:34:34 AM »
my guess is ice related as well so something should show up soon as the ice generation are pretty stupid.

Offline hoppy

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 08:43:10 AM »
That sucks hopefully the police can find them for you...

Offline the stig

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 08:47:11 AM »
     That's no good especially with all the security on your shed .

I still run a chain though the back wheels and around the swinarm
     just a small push bike security lock .
     that way they have to lift the back of the bike to move it.. give it a
     try and see how difficult it is to move a bike with the back wheel locked..

The Stig

Offline SUZUKI311

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 09:01:28 AM »
Thanks for all your support guys. the alarm did not go off, it is powered bby mains power with no battery back up apparently, and the pricks simply isolated the shed power and switched it off. Ice is a huge problem up here, and I agree the assholes will do anything to get their hands on cash to keep their habit going. the roller door locks are easily manipulated also something I found out the hard way.  now bolt the doors closed, so the literally cant be raised even if the lock is removed.
1977 RM80B-UNDER CONSTRUCTION-(Still after 11 years !) 2017 KTM 350EXCF , 96 CBR600, . Member of Bendigo Motorcycle club since 1981, Viper No. 311 (old VMBA Number!!)

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 09:40:54 AM »

the alarm did not go off, it is powered bby mains power with no battery back up apparently, and the pricks simply isolated the shed power and switched it off.

Before they went in your shed, did they already know what they were going to find ?

This doesn't sound very random.....

Buying kdx air cooled drum brake unitrak bikes and parts

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 10:39:10 AM »
they have eyes in their heads and they wander round all day checking things out. anyone not at work btw the hours of 8 and 4 are probably casing places (according to the cops) so its a real issue. its a cheap destructive drug. 30 bucks is a weekends fun...cheaper than a slab of VB. we had an ice man wandering around on one of those freezing mornings naked, trying to steal cars and trucks...

Offline D project

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2014, 01:02:13 PM »
Sorry to hear about that Bill. I think they've stolen from the wrong guy this time though!

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2014, 01:05:54 PM »
I am so sick of so many bikes being stolen, do you have any pics to help.  This is in my area so will make an effort to venture to riding areas to try and spot them.

I think this is something that everyone should do if a bike is stolen in their area.
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2014, 01:07:20 PM »
Bedroom antics must get pretty loud if it drowns-out bikes being stolen  ;-)
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.