Author Topic: Where have all the years gone  (Read 1190 times)

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
Where have all the years gone
« on: May 25, 2014, 07:51:47 PM »

Sorting though some old photos the other day and came across these from back in the early 60s.  I think we were about 14 at the time racing up and down the concrete drains around Cessnock.  The go-cart was fitted with a 500cc AJS or Matchless engine and gearbox and it flew, wish I still had it.  First photo is me and my best mate Ray, (still my best mate today).  The  second photo better shows the cart with another mate Terry (now deceased) gives a better look at the motor setup,  you might notice there are no brakes, never did workout how to fit them.  The third shows me playing the lair riding on top with my old dog chasing us up the creek.
   I look at these photos and wonder where all the years have gone, it only seems like yesterday.
                                                                                                                                             Zane

Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Where have all the years gone
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 09:13:30 PM »
looks like a wilde ride without brakes but at 14 you have no fear and you mend better too. as to where the years have gone well marriage, kids,grand kids for some, alot of divorce for some as well and the fact our memories were like brand new at that age ;) ;D

albrid-3

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 10:20:32 PM »
thats great zane, we did similar antic in my day, back in colac where l grow up.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 10:34:13 PM »
What an awesome go-kart,
what an awesome engine,
what an awesome story,
what an awesome race track,
I feel sorry for your poor old dog, trying to keep up with that giant 500 :-[

So good that your best mate and partner in creation is still around.
When I look at that engine and kart It,,,, Sort of makes me think that we blokes spend the first forty years
or so trying to kill our self's and the next forty trying to live ;D

Thanks for sharing
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 11:05:55 PM by Mick D »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)