Author Topic: Ebay "Silver Streak" 4 sale  (Read 8858 times)

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
Ebay "Silver Streak" 4 sale
« on: May 14, 2014, 08:49:18 PM »
some interesting commentary with this one....the extent some people go to sell a bike :o

Offline Husky1

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay "Silver Streak" 4 sale
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 07:44:23 AM »
Yes, this bike is well known to Swedish enthusiasts on this forum and there are links regarding the last times it was listed unsold on epay. I understand it to be a US import, no known competition history or competition preparation and that an asking price that seemed equivalent to three Maico Mega 2 may have put people off, but stand to be corrected if others, including the owner can fill us in.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 07:48:36 AM by Husky1 »

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 12:25:54 PM »
Pity his facts are wrong. Still a very hard to find model.
K

Offline Husky1

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 06:28:59 PM »
Pretty sure history is something like this: Was imported from USA by a chap who worked in customs?? Current owner has owned it from soon after imported, quite a few years ago now and has tried to sell it for serious money without success. It has had minimal use since imported, but maybe current owner can fill us in?? Would be great to see it used in anger on the track.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 06:37:03 PM »
I vaguely remember the press at the time discussing unusable, out of control power delivery! doesn't read like that in his ad.... there are quite a few on café husky in various states of restoration which is great for such a short run model. so he's dreamin I guess....doesn't interest me at all but I thought the narrative might amuse the forum... ;D

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 06:47:50 PM »
That's the Trooper Lou coffee table special, he started at 10K and is wending his way down to "its not worth selling"..... nice job on the bike except for the rims... if he had std rims he would have got 10 k for it (yeah right!)

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 07:09:07 PM »
Nice bike the 82.5 silver streak , great power when tuned properly.

Autos are the way forward , see you round like a robot
Take the short cut, go Cross Country
The shortest distance between two points is Cross Country
CCM's and HL's bark like mad dogs

Offline Husky1

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 08:02:48 PM »
More rideable with a smaller carb fitted as on post 82.5 500 models??

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 08:05:46 PM »
Yes, this bike is well known to Swedish enthusiasts on this forum and there are links regarding the last times it was listed unsold on epay. I understand it to be a US import, no known competition history or competition preparation and that an asking price that seemed equivalent to three Maico Mega 2 may have put people off, but stand to be corrected if others, including the owner can fill us in.

So are you saying the seller is wanting 20-30k for this bike?? I don't know anything about them so just wondering....
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline jimbo

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 08:11:30 PM »
l considered buying that bike form the original importer for around 5,000-6,000 from memory, managed to purchase two others for less however cosmetically challenged though both are riders. The bike  in question  is mostly original and is a rare model any where , it is considered to  be the QUINTERSENTIAL LATE MODEL SWEDE MARK. RIDABILITY IS ONE THING AND COLLECTABILITY IS ANOTHER,I who  hope it sells and the person  who gets it appreciates it for what it is ,a true classic , regards  Jimbo

Offline Husky1

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 04:03:42 AM »
Agreed Jim. On these forums, we know of maybe five in Australia that I can think of including your two and this one, so Aaron is not far out in his estimate.

Offline euro bikes

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 04:16:41 PM »
I have one here in Queensland ,it is all original and I find it is great to ride plenty of bottom end plus top end. It came from the original owner in the States about four years ago it cost me $2500.00 US then.

Simo63

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2014, 04:19:50 PM »
I have one here in Queensland ,it is all original and I find it is great to ride plenty of bottom end plus top end. It came from the original owner in the States about four years ago it cost me $2500.00 US then.

Okay I'll give you $3K for it Jeff :)

Offline Husky1

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2014, 04:51:13 PM »
From a racing perspective, most people run 83 and 84 Husky 500 probably because they fit better into the category for less outlay? Maybe brakes and frame/fork angles are better suited too and less over fueling with smaller carb?