Author Topic: Is anyone else this silly  (Read 23115 times)

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone else this silly
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2014, 11:00:39 pm »
Driven for 40+ minutes, turned around went back home and this time hooked the bike trailer with bikes and sidecar on to the car.......... ::).

That's gotta be at the top of the list,

( Gee the car's running well today)  ;D
The older I get, the faster I was

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2014, 11:01:23 pm »
Travelled to the south island for a couple of south island trials champs rounds & left my helmet sitting on the front door step in the north island  ::)

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2014, 11:51:15 pm »

A mate of mine who is probably the tightest man I know bought a new ride on mower from some mob in Sydney because it was cheaper than the local dealers.
   Rather than going down and picking it up or having it freighted to Newcastle he arranged for it to be delivered in the back of a new ute on the top deck of his mates car carrier.  He and his wife met the truck at the truck stop at Hexham and his mate didn't want to waist time unloading the bottom deck of the truck so he could lower the top deck and get the mower out, so they had arranged for Laurie to bring down his long ladder which they put up over the cab and  the bottom end in his ute, Then they were going to slide this heavy ride on mower down the ladder.
   (I think you all know what happened next)  the mower had just cleared the cab when off the side of the ladder it went and landed on the concrete upside down.   It ended up costing him $300 more than the local buy, after he paid for the repairs and his wife still reconds its the funniest thing she had ever seen.
    I wish I had been there,  see being miserable specially with yourself only causes pain.
                                                                                                                                Zane
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline g465b

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2014, 12:32:38 am »
  travelling with greg and greg in 1980,in thailand at phuket-kata beach,bungalow under the coconut trees 75 cents a night (15 baht),
rental bikes $4 a day, greg and greg on kawa KE100's,  mine is a XL125 honda, somewhere on a dirt road in the jungle the XL splutters and dies, faaarrrk its on fire.  note: gravel and sand will not put out a petrol fire,neither will slapping it with a t-shirt. stand back, it
might explode,take pictures. later -give rental guy the news,he laughs  and seems cool about it.   later that night-old thai dude and
thai cop ask me to come to police station and pay $1000 for bike. their english is terrible,my thai -none.  an hour of negotiation later,
 I am $300 poorer and they seem happy.

[/URL][/img]

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2014, 12:38:01 am »
Guy over on Cafe Husky swore black and blue that it was NOT possible to fit the slide in a Mikuni backwards.

Guy over at Cafe Husky DOESN'T KNOW SHIT:

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2014, 12:59:23 am »
Anything is possible given enough force...
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2014, 07:34:07 am »

What do you mean given enough force - it doesn't take any force at all ::)

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2014, 08:01:58 am »
Boss at hire place said I could borrow a wackerpacker if I fixed it.
Took it home and started it in the back of my ute [ wooden floor ] to see what was wrong.
Ha , throttle was jammed on flat out , started easy tho.
Wack , wackawack wack wack.
You can't reach the kill switch on one of those at full throttle.

Mate bought a old steel wheel tractor and borrowed a truck with a wooden floor.
ExOwner said I'll drive it on for you.
He was drunk and fell asleep when he got it on.
Tore up a heap of floorboards before they got it stopped.
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2014, 12:43:29 pm »

What do you mean given enough force - it doesn't take any force at all ::)
yep went in real easy on my YZ80B too ;)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2014, 01:56:55 pm »
[quote ]
Guy over on Cafe Husky swore black and blue that it was NOT possible to fit the slide in a Mikuni backwards.
[/quote]

He's right, it won't fit in all the way down, hence the problem.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2014, 02:27:50 pm »
ol mate had a 186 on the floor of the shed (he leased 1/2 from a used car dealer) and a punter arrives and wants to buy it. "can I hear it run?" he says "sure" ol mate says and gets a tin of peterhol and a battery. pours some juice down the throat of the carb and arcs the starter and she fires right up. the oil pressure switch had a gauge fitting and a 2mm jet of oil at 50 PSI hits his chin and he reels back pulling the carb on full bore and igniting the tin of petrol which he put near the exhaust manifold. with oil spraying from the roof, an unmuffled 186 at full tit and a jam tin on fire, a bystanders goes to grab the tin of fuel and accidently kicks it across the workshop leaving a wall of fire......

I laughed for hours..not even groucho could beat this team of clowns. took hours for the roof to stop dripping oil....

the guy that owned the shop stood there for 15 minutes with his jaw hanging open...he couldn't believe what he had just seen

Gold....with OH&S these days, moments like this are almost endangered
;D ;D ;D ;D :o did he sell the motor ;) ;D ;D ;D

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2014, 02:31:09 pm »
sorry gmc they will, i have done it. if you have a pair with lh / rh idle screws you can

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2014, 02:45:32 pm »
[quote ]

He's right, it won't fit in all the way down, hence the problem.
[/quote]

Dead right Geoff, if it went in all the way down it would just blubber away super rich with very little danger to the unsuspecting push starter and we wouldn't be writing about it ;D

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2014, 03:20:30 pm »

Yeah, if you try and fit it backwards you can't see what you are doing!
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2014, 09:55:46 am »
Speaking of getting a buzz......

I was a kid riding my 1980 CR80 in a paddock next to where I lived at the time as I waited for the school bus to come with my then girlfriend on it. I used to beat the bus home on my pushie.....So there I was doing wheelies and little jumps off a mound of earth keeping an aye out for when the bus came in sight. Bus in sight, time for a big wheelie for the girlfriend to tell her mates about....2nd gear, 3rd  gear, 4th gear, 5th gear.....and over we go. Jumped up and the bike was stuck on full throttle revving to the moon. Pressed the kill button, no workies....shit, pulled the spark plug cap and proceeded to straighten my curly hair while doing the fastest jump on the spot excercise ever seen. I think I looked a lot like Yahoo Serious for a day or 2.....oh, and the girlfriend kept on walking with her friends....
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.