Author Topic: MY SAY  (Read 13947 times)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: MY SAY
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2013, 02:27:27 PM »
yeah had enough
Yeah Mikey, I'm feeling a bit jaded too and its coming out in much of what I do both on and off here so I reckon I'll just stay clear of controversy and restrict myself to posting the occasional entry in areas that I'm interested in. It must be the piss poor alignment of the planets or something but there seems to be a lot of negativity on here, some of which I'm to blame. The B40 thread still interests me so I'll keep with that and hope like all fluck something else comes along to reboot my interest. I've survived Nimmo and other naysayers of doom in the past so I'll come back refreshed I'm sure.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2013, 02:51:49 PM »
What about Ji Firko? J

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2013, 03:04:25 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot him, but it was a joint effort there, he buggered it for himself :D. I've just been told in a PM that I'm a bully so If my accuser is correct I've out lived my time on here so maybe it's time to have a rest for a while.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2013, 04:22:23 PM »
That's good then. It will give you some time to draft up that shit we were talking about the other day. Now that's positive ;D

Cheers
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline jerry

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2013, 04:33:21 PM »
There's a bloke at work who despite my best efforts to accommodate his personality just shits me. In order to avoid conflict apart from basic civility I choose not to speak to him. My wife who knows about these thing says that's bullying by exclusion. It troubles me that she possible is correct but why should I waste my time and goodwill on this prick when previous attempts have failed. J

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2013, 04:40:40 PM »
Depends on how you go about it, Jerry. If you simply avoid the bloke, and are civil to bim when you can't, then it's probably fine.
It becomes bullying by exclusion if you do stuff like publicly inviting everyone else to a BBQ, but "forgetting" him...

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline jerry

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2013, 05:00:08 PM »
Funny you should quote the BBQ thing Nathan. We had our work Xmas do on Sat. He was invited and said he would be there so his and his wife's dinner were paid for out of social club funds and guess what,he didn't front, no phone call no nothing. J

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2013, 05:17:53 PM »
Still sounds like a good outcome for you...
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2013, 05:21:35 PM »
Bloody hell !!

Offline jerry

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2013, 05:42:36 PM »
True. J

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2013, 06:46:30 PM »
If there are things to be learnt from this they are.

1. If you are the seller document what you are giving people when they pick them up.

2. If you are picking something up for yourself and maybe someone else document what you have picked up and maybe even sign for it.

3. If someone is picking something up for you make sure what you will be getting and check what you do get.

4. Don't lay blame or accuse without all the facts.  Remember if you assume you make an ass of you and me.

Kevin

PS I make mistakes too
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:45:04 AM by KTM47 »
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2013, 07:12:32 PM »
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline oldie

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2013, 01:42:55 PM »
There's a bloke at work who despite my best efforts to accommodate his personality just shits me. In order to avoid conflict apart from basic civility I choose not to speak to him. My wife who knows about these thing says that's bullying by exclusion. It troubles me that she possible is correct but why should I waste my time and goodwill on this prick when previous attempts have failed. J

I don't get on here much, it doesn't matter which club or forum club you belong to there's always ppl you don't like, I used to belong to DBW that site is full of ares holes, & there's a few in AMTRA as well, the reason I don't get on here much is because I like bikes & I'm interested in reading about them, & things other like minded ppl have to say about them, from past experience I've found that it's too easy to be misunderstood, on forum sites & then the shit starts, it's a shame that there's ppl out there that is willing to have a go on there keyboard but haven't the guts to say things to ya face, I used to think that all motorcycle ppl are good ppl, sadly not nowadays, I've been involved in motorcycle for 45 years.....How times have changed.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2013, 09:00:31 PM »

I don't get on here much, it doesn't matter which club or forum club you belong to there's always ppl you don't like, I used to belong to DBW that site is full of ares holes, & there's a few in AMTRA as well, the reason I don't get on here much is because I like bikes & I'm interested in reading about them, & things other like minded ppl have to say about them, from past experience I've found that it's too easy to be misunderstood, on forum sites & then the shit starts, it's a shame that there's ppl out there that is willing to have a go on there keyboard but haven't the guts to say things to ya face, I used to think that all motorcycle ppl are good ppl, sadly not nowadays, I've been involved in motorcycle for 45 years.....How times have changed.

You hit the nail on the head. It is way to easy to be misunderstood on the internet. And people are very courageous when they're not in sight. AMTRA has some of the biggest dickheads on it's trailrides... I only ever did one and that was enough for me. They had to stop every 15 minutes for a chat....
I used to think that all motorcycle are good people too. Running a motorcycle transport business soon put that illusion out of my mind with all the lies and crap that I had to put with. In the end I gave up on giving a shit about my business and started putting people in their place when they gave me some bullshit story or abuse. Shame really, because I really enjoyed what I did and took pride in looking after someones new/old pride n joy. I just wasn't prepared to end up in prison or a psych ward because of some R sole. Yep, times have changed. Everyone is MORE important than the next person....
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline oldie

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2013, 09:44:40 AM »

You hit the nail on the head. It is way to easy to be misunderstood on the internet. And people are very courageous when they're not in sight. AMTRA has some of the biggest dickheads on it's trailrides... I only ever did one and that was enough for me. They had to stop every 15 minutes for a chat....
I used to think that all motorcycle are good people too. Running a motorcycle transport business soon put that illusion out of my mind with all the lies and crap that I had to put with. In the end I gave up on giving a shit about my business and started putting people in their place when they gave me some bullshit story or abuse. Shame really, because I really enjoyed what I did and took pride in looking after someones new/old pride n joy. I just wasn't prepared to end up in prison or a psych ward because of some R sole. Yep, times have changed. Everyone is MORE important than the next person....

At last someone agree's with me, thanks mate for saying how it is, we will most probably get shot down in flames. or like in AMTRA if you post anything they don't like they will delete ya post.