Author Topic: Pre 95 Class for NSW VMX  (Read 65145 times)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Pre 95 Class for NSW VMX
« Reply #210 on: December 13, 2013, 12:06:55 pm »
Young, Dumb and Full of C*m

So descriptive Jay, I've never heard that before.....I think you have to reach 50 or even 60 to look back and see how very true that is ;D
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 13, 2013, 02:34:53 pm »
When you see the lap times published at a VMX meeting, there's remarkably little difference between the eras - far less than most people would expect.
The only real gap is Pre-75 to Evo, but if the track is smooth then even that gap is smaller than you would expect.

Personally, I go about as fast around an MX track on virtually any bike - while certain bikes do some things better its all swings and roundabouts. My talent and my balls limit my speed more than the bike does. That makes me slow on a modern, but reasonably quick on a Pre-78.

The reality is that we seperate eras for reasons other than their actual speed. Those reasons apply equally to Pre-95 vs moderns.
Yeah fair enough.. My original post was that I think pre 95 is more suited as a support class at a modern meet or as a stand alone Retro event with  pre 2000 etc rather than being added as another class at a vmx race, and it looks like that is going to happen so all is good...

TM BILL

« Reply #212 on: December 13, 2013, 05:03:34 pm »

Personally, I go about as fast around an MX track on virtually any bike - while certain bikes do some things better its all swings and roundabouts. My talent and my balls limit my speed more than the bike does. That makes me slow on a modern, but reasonably quick on a Pre-78.

Same here , im quicker on a pre 75 and pre 78 than on a modern , it could be that i dont ride moders FA so when i do im all out of sorts because the brakes work and the thing feels 10 ft tall  :)

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 13, 2013, 07:51:44 pm »

Hey ya Nathan S! I have my 92/93 CR 250:):):):):)

I want to see it in Herring/Castrol colours or I will be disappointed!

Have you registered on Retrodirtbike.com yet?

Rob Herring colours coming up:)

I'll register over the weekend:)
Cheers

Nada
Honda is the only way to roll!

TM BILL

« Reply #214 on: December 13, 2013, 08:47:11 pm »
I think you will find Nicholls colours were faster  ;) if i was up for one of those moderns , a Herring , Nicholl CR replica would be my choice  :)

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 16, 2013, 12:51:32 pm »
RETRO Ride day confirmed at Louee on the weekend of 1,2,3 March 2014 All welcome!!!

Tom and crew at Louee are looking forward to hosting some nostalgia:)  Grass track will be there for anyone whom wishes to bring a Pre 78 bike!

Please contact me for any accommodation queries or Tom at Louee:)

I'm looking at booking a house, i need to get numbers and pay a deposit, so i'll need conformations asap:)
Cheers

Nada

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 16, 2013, 09:27:32 pm »

Exactly.  I call it my "internal governor".  I have a certain comfortable speed and jumping distance.  I do not really care to go beyond that, because there is no Factory contract waiting for me, but I do have a mortgage, a wife and two young daughters to raise.  If I were 17 again and did not give a shit (Young, Dumb and Full of C*m) I would probably be doing everything I could to get faster each season.  I'm in it for the cool bikes and the fun times.  I can adapt to any era, but I will always have that special time in MX history that matters more than the others.
 ;)
[/quote]

Thanks for the giggle, I am in the exact same boat... Thank Christ what's running through my head while riding doesn't get put into action because of this ' internal governor' . I found my limits in a bad way a few years back and the body remembers the pain I think...  Oh and the bank balance controls my right wrist when you start getting a bit excited  ;D
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 21, 2014, 09:47:49 pm »
HI Guys

Those who were interested in joining us for a ride, the venue has been changed from Louee to Rocky Valley!!!!

Price is a small donation to the owner ($20-30) for the track prep, free camping etc. The owner is interested in old bikes, but not a member of any club and i found him through the Facebook page! He has set up his ultimate ride park for people of same interest!

Enduro loop, Ero style MX track, Beginners track, Camping!!

Please Contact me for more info!!!

Cheers
Nathan
Cheers

Nada

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 21, 2014, 09:56:22 pm »
I googled Rocky Valley, but cant find it?

Where is it?

thanks
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 21, 2014, 10:06:26 pm »
Mick

Its a private facility, owned by a MX nut!!

There are a few vids on Youtube:)
Cheers

Nada

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 21, 2014, 10:37:34 pm »
There is an excellent opportunity for this facility to be used as a future VMX facility!

There is a full Euro Style MX track!

guys, please let me know if your interested!
Cheers

Nada

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 21, 2014, 10:45:39 pm »
and the $64million dollar question is where is Rocky Valley?

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 21, 2014, 10:48:56 pm »
Just down from Shark Point 8)
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 21, 2014, 10:54:58 pm »
Mick, you will need to fit your visor to the rear of your helmet and brush up on your 5 stage handshake procedure, bro, to gain said information, bro

FIIK where it is. But it's on the same date as Heavens first round, so I'm out

81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 21, 2014, 10:55:40 pm »
Should I be laughin, or what ;D