Author Topic: Maxwell Motorsports  (Read 56246 times)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Maxwell Motorsports
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2015, 11:54:29 PM »
Like Ted said, Prime8 Racing, Mick's a top bloke like Les was......he's getting more and more stock all the time and has some quality tools as well. We all know who the dodgy operators are, Prime8 are not one of them. 
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Oldfart

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2015, 08:45:41 AM »
Explain this to me Ted ....why is it cheaper and quicker to order the same parts MM have  advertised on their site, arrive from the States with postage costs  that are way over the top. Arrive within 10 days and a shit load cheaper than  MM  ???? and you don't get the BS stories  that tend to drag on for weeks  ie  waiting  till they have 20 lb order as its cheaper for them.
I'ts my money and I will spend it with whom gives me the best service.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2015, 02:39:51 PM »
What are you saying Stew? You've lost me.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Oldfart

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2015, 02:56:57 PM »
why buy from Maxwell or any other local supplier, when you can have the same product landed at your door at a cheaper costing and quicker with no BS in between.   

Offline Paulos

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2015, 04:32:50 PM »
I don't know about that Stu. Depends on the price difference. I don't mind spending a few extra dollars to keep it local if the service is good. There's a couple of local bike shops i wouldn't give a cent to though.

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2015, 05:47:29 PM »
I don't know about that Stu. Depends on the price difference. I don't mind spending a few extra dollars to keep it local if the service is good. There's a couple of local bike shops i wouldn't give a cent to though.

Bang on.
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2015, 06:33:02 PM »
why buy from Maxwell or any other local supplier, when you can have the same product landed at your door at a cheaper costing and quicker with no BS in between.   

So you've hung, drawn and quartered Prime8 before even giving them a go . Well thats the Anzac spirit right there isn't it. Not fuc..ng likely.

You move here from another country for a better lifestyle and then proceed to shit on Australian businesses prepared to go out on a limb and buy your parts from overseas. You can get fuc..ed and go back from where you came. We dont want your kind here.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2015, 06:59:20 PM »
Geez Ted can see the IQ of Australia coming out
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2015, 07:11:52 PM »
Geez Ted can see the IQ of Australia coming out

Hey fair go Bazza, Teds as patriot true blue as it gets,,He just can't come to the phone at the moment
cause hes out back counting all his foreign built cars ;D
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline Oldfart

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2015, 07:51:47 PM »
Read my post and absorb it Ted   It's my money and I will spend it where and how I like. I'm not going any where in a hurry, I 'm sorry to inform you. 

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2015, 08:46:32 PM »
It would be good and welcome to be able to buy all the bits I need locally but sadly its just not going to happen. My latest project has seen me spend less than $100 in Oz and very close to $2G in the US UK and The Netherlands. This is mainly because the parts are not in this country but the few that are here have the local guys mark up on them that he is entitled to but Im not going to pay for the freight he had to and another to get them to my hands.
 One item I bought last nite that is available locally has a price of $130 plus freight. The part i got from Germany cost me $50AUD plus $21AUD freight. As someone wise said.. Do the math.

good on someone giving it a go and supplying parts and doing what they enjoy but for support they do need to be competitive on pricing as well as giving good service  or thats a part of the market they will miss out on..

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2015, 09:32:28 PM »
Yep its getting harder and harder to be able to buy all your parts locally and its unfair to expect consumers to shop only locally and also unfair to expect wholesalers to bring in large volumes of slow moving parts. The wholesalers are just not bringing in the stuff for older bikes these days. They are catering for whats current and thats it. VMX/classic/vintage/antique bikes are still a small market compared the modern stuff. Try to get genuine Harley parts for a model thats not even 10 years old and its considered 'too old', they dont stock the parts and its all special order. Odd ball tyres make life hard too. They are not big enough sellers for the wholesalers to import even if they are listed on the global website. Many times i have had importers of some tyres special order in a half a dozen or so, but there's times when they cant even do that or when i cant wait 3 months for the next boat, which means ordering direct from somewhere overseas. I tried to get a sprocket for a SP 370 from the AFAM sales rep. Its in his catalog, but nope he said forget it, its too old, they dont bring one in.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2015, 08:58:06 AM »

Bang on.

+1 from me
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline fred99999au

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2015, 11:42:21 PM »
I'm seeing where Stu is coming from here. A lot of grief can be had going through Maxwells when they need to take your money, then buy it from the US with associated shipping times and costs.

If they delay by a fortnight, they make a profit. Bullshit excuses ensue.

If they do a one on one order , they are at the mercy of the currency conversion plus ridiculous shipping costs.

Ultimately, they are running a business and need to make a profit, and will do what needs to be done to ensure that.