Author Topic: Stolen from Woolongong area  (Read 15229 times)

Offline SUZUKI311

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Stolen from Woolongong area
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2014, 03:11:55 PM »
Freaky, there seems to be a never ending supply of scum who are willing to take bikes ( and anything else for that matter) that are obviously stolen. Local Detectives executed a search warrant last week on a rural property near Bendigo, and found an alladins cave of stolen tools and equipment, especially trailers. On a sour note, a NX650 Dominator was also taken from Bendigo last Friday, so if anyone see's a suspiciously cheap 95ish NX650 let us know. Bendigo has been hit hard, with the count now close to 50 off road bikes stolen in the last 12 months, most of which have vanished of the face of the earth, maybe stripped for parts and sold on ebay, who knows. We urgently need to find these people responsible to stop this happening, if you see anything suss at all in your neighbourhood, just make a quick note, vehicle type, color rego, what the people looked like, what they were wearing etc, it can all help. Crooks are not very smart, and often wear the same gear day in day out, and use the same car too. so many times after the fact neighbours or other people have said, "öh yeah, I saw a suss looking car or person near that place the other day, but didn't think too much of it..."
1977 RM80B-UNDER CONSTRUCTION-(Still after 11 years !) 2017 KTM 350EXCF , 96 CBR600, . Member of Bendigo Motorcycle club since 1981, Viper No. 311 (old VMBA Number!!)

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2014, 04:02:16 PM »
a couple of "lynchings" might slow things down abit.....

Offline Rider

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2014, 06:54:29 PM »
 In Geelong police are reporting high rates of thefts associated with the increased use of ice. Daylight house breakins are more common and the crims are more often first timers. We just have to make sure we make it as hard as possible for them to access our gear. Sad time to be easily influenced . I hear that drug produces are even splicing the hard addictive elements of ice into more acceptable recreational drugs like ecstasy to get people hooked. We just have to watch out for our own and that's not just our kids.
Cheers Terry.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2014, 07:46:19 PM »
its a shocker that stuff for just basically rooting everything it comes in contact with.

We got the "Heroin is an evil drug" talk at high school years ago and sure enough, a few punters went down the tube with it but this stuff is doing the same thing in 2 to 3 years that H took 10 - 20 to do.

it does your head in to try to work out how to handle it but I have no idea. the money is huge and the og types have it sown up to the point its so hard to stamp on.

the poor old coppers just have to turn up to the results....

Offline tymes

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2014, 06:20:38 PM »
Some good news.

One of Adrians KTM kids bikes was recovered by police in the southern suburbs of Wollongong about 4 weeks after they went off.

The Campbelltown D's recovered about 10 stolen dirt bikes in their area. One was a KTM 450 EXC stolen from Helensburgh about 4 weeks earlier. The D's were hoping people would contact them to claim bikes.

Info from them was the crooks were sitting on the side of the Princes Highway in busy 60k zones and picking up on bikes coming back from ridding down the coast on the weekend. Following bike trailers and utes home. Bikes on display.

Trick is to see who follows you around round abouts and down side streets for no good reason.

The were using some very high quality bolt cutters or similar to cut through chain, ropes and locks.

Record your Engine and Frame numbers early.

Pete

The 450 EXC was a mate of mine, he also lost his Mrs and kids TTRs. I recall him telling me that they were insured and he had been fixed up before the KTM was recovered. There was some other stuff too like chainsaws and mower and stuff. The bikes were really well locked up two locks to get into the shed and each one was individually locked as well. Cameras here and there showed them heading up the road with three bikes on the back of a hylux or similar and the fourth being towed with one of the dickheads on it.

I’m sure that the ones that were caught will be serving some very harsh good behaviour bonds handed down by the magistrate due to their disadvantaged crack addicted pathetic lives.

Offline Husabergpete

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2015, 09:00:18 PM »
Update

Gooldies 300 EXC was recovered by one of the original investigating police who at that time was working in the Anti Theft Squad.

Months later he moved to the local drug unit and during a search warrant looking for drugs found the 300 inside the house in better nick than when it was stolen.

New plastics and not used. Pool room bike you could say.

Pete
KTM 250 1980,  Maico 250 AW 1977, Husqvarna CR 430 1981, , CZ 250 1973 and a 550 Husaberg