Author Topic: Fear and Loathing in the VMX bunker  (Read 20731 times)

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Fear and Loathing in the VMX bunker
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2013, 09:34:34 AM »
Great to see the positive energy.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2013, 09:59:37 AM »
As Shaun points out the 13/7 is a Nepean ( local to venue ) Dirt Track practice day and would only alienate some from attending the show. I will approach Chris with the date being 6/7. Say, with the hours being 8am-3pm.( His normal trading hours ) I would also assume we would have to be set up before 8 am so as to cause absolutely no inconvenience to his trading, and hopefully add to his takings for the day ( trailers/vehicles out of car park ) if we ever wanted to use the venue later on down the track. At that time of morning there is plenty of parking on the street.

Any ideas?
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2013, 10:09:47 AM »
Colin with all due respect , where can I buy those glasses ?
Maybe a  float  in the big Sydney parade ?  That should bring VMX uptodate  into the 21th century 

Before I even start I have to ask..If the sport is riddled with gay rose coloured glasses wearers why do you even bother posting Walter? Fluck off somewhere else with your nasty, offensive remarks and insulting avatar. Either contribute for the good of the sport or go and bother your sidecar mates.....Oh yeah, that's right, they flucked you off years ago. ::)

Now, back to reality, I'm sorry I've missed the middle of this thread but we had to rush my old mum to hospital yesterday morning and I've been dealing with that since. She's as OK as a 93 year old can be, she just chucked a mini stroke on us without asking permission, the old bugger ::). She's in good hands and is sitting up ordering me and the nursing staff around so she'll be fine.
Back to Teds idea of a mini show'n'shine. I was about to spend the day looking into a venue for my plan for the summer but yesterdays crisis sidetracked that line of thought. Ted's idea is great and worth going on with. Sutto's indeed a great bloke and his shop is a hub for dirt bike folk. We'd have to pick dates that fit in with as many schedules as possible avoiding race weekends and Nepean practice days in order to achieve the best, lineup of good bikes from VMX, VDT and Vinduro. All three disciplines could do with the exposure and by them all being there it offers different alternatives to potential  newcomers.
A selection of the really old (pre 60,65,70 and 75) and Evo through to pre 90 plus a few sliders, the odd flat tracker or two and an array of Vinduro mounts would present a good cross section. If there's any motocross sidecars in NSW perhaps one along with a dirt track outfit would also fit in.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2013, 11:33:50 AM »
If that's the real reason the photo's up there I genuinely apologise and you have my condolences for losing a member of the family. However if the avatar is there to take a cheap shot at those suffering with depression, shame on you. You know quite well of the situation involving a couple of members and they, along with a number of others have taken the avatar in the negative way.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline TooFastTim

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2013, 11:47:41 AM »
To contradict my earlier post and to show that there is hope have a look at the ages of some of the riders in this vid: http://vimeo.com/54283500

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2013, 12:30:30 PM »
It's official!

The show and shine is on the 6/7/2013 at Suttos Bike Shop in Penrith

I will start another heading in the General Discussion section with all details

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2013, 02:01:48 PM »
You're doing it again, Walter.

The question you ought to ask yourself is: "How do I benefit by behaving like this?".

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2013, 02:06:24 PM »
OK something positive and pro-active has come out of this thread, time to lock it up before it turns to shit

See you'se at Suttos

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2013, 02:22:39 PM »
My apologies for introducing a negative side issue to a positive thread but I've had enough of the innuendo and barely disguised sarcasm. Walter knows exactly what he was saying and that's what disappoints me. We're trying to lift the profile of our sport up to the next level, something beneficial to your business Walter but your sarcastic pisstake got under my skin. Having a dig at my friend Supersenior Colin who actually contributes more positive ions than most others in this sport didn't help my mood either. It's not a Walter thing, it's an attitude thing, if any of my good mates on here had made the same smarmy comments under an arguably offensive avatar I'd have sparked at them too.

This thread has morphed into one of the more positive on here in recent times so without further comment on the negative lets take Teds lead and move on ;D.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 02:25:10 PM by firko »

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2013, 02:43:12 PM »
Well lock it then Mark

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2013, 02:44:13 PM »
To contradict my earlier post and to show that there is hope have a look at the ages of some of the riders in this vid: http://vimeo.com/54283500
There's some good music accompanying that great little film, I haven't heard any Jerry Garcia for yonks......I might just dig out a couple of Grateful Dead CD's this arvo. Moving on, my favourites in the vid are the little fat kid, I love the look of concentration on his face....he's really into it, and pretty good too. I also love the bloke riding the TY with jeans, a nana knitted sweater and a Cromwell (Davida probably) helmet. I'd have loved to have had a loop of that great little course on my Maico trials bike. The smiles said it all, those blokes were having a great time.