Author Topic: rebirth of the pre68  (Read 29942 times)

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: rebirth of the pre68
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2013, 10:44:54 AM »
All good here tho I think we will struggle to get the numbers for the pre78 Nats this time. Will have to work hard on it. Do you know of any down there for sale?? Get on to Freaky to get his SC500 done. Got on to one overseas (SC500) but it was sold the week before we got to see it.
Did you check the thread about the Indian Enfields...food for thought there.
Nah sorry dont know of any for sale but will keep me peepers out, Freaky is trying to get his pre75 sidechair going actually he should put the SC500 into his outfit  :o

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2013, 10:52:43 AM »
 :) a big thanks Tim754 itsa pleasure dealing with you ;)

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2013, 02:18:17 PM »
Yep after chain derail 2nd gear gotta tooth smashed off :'(  (anyone know a good dentist)  ;)

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2013, 10:56:55 AM »
Zook now has gear box fixed and cases welded  :) pistons comeing so hope it will be ready for the last ASA round :P

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2013, 08:31:32 PM »
Shelpi  I did am oops and put a question for you in the sidecar piccies thread :o tim754 ::)
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2013, 10:24:12 AM »
Shelpi  I did am oops and put a question for you in the sidecar piccies thread :o tim754 ::)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH No :) :D ;D

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2013, 10:21:22 AM »
Shelpi I have this lot of parts . Engine No. T250-55808 Have not looked up what year it is yet. What you see is what you get. Price ? offer over $100 Tim754
Bonuses, crank and rods rotate, um yeah...ex farm go cart.....

Disregard photo date battery was flat in camera and I was to lazy to reset the date to today 27/08/13
Tim you crafty bugger  8) you put a big suprise in the deal ;D they are T350 pots and on standard bore too boot, there as rare as rocking horse shit and you let me have them for a song ;) Mate your a Saint, couldnt believe my eye's, So a Big thanx mate, I O U 1 :) :D ;D ;)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2013, 06:56:18 PM »
  Yeah thought ya might have a use for them :)  ;) Cheers
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2013, 01:21:34 PM »
 :'( ok let me have it with both barrels  :o why did the wiseco pistons sieze :-[

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2013, 08:28:10 PM »
 The old " how long is a piece of string my friend" Lack of lube  .....,Incorrect jetting for the prevailing conditions*... lack of cooling, incorrect fuel, what size was the post boring hone?. Do (or did ) the piston crowns change the squish/ combustion area? have the pipe chamber sizes been changed. is the oil pump working, or have you for some reason removed it?( It may have had the little Suzuki plates on the crank or something that needed removal or re-machining to take premix properly.  :o  Without having it front of me it's hard to even guess friend Shelpi.

* prevailing conditions.  including, atmospheric temp, moisture and pressure, track type (hard fast slow sandy icy dusty etc) weight and drag of outfit and operating personnel ,position of right wrist in relation to twist grip...

Start with jetting my friend as soon as your got the Suzi going again. Remember the old " Plug Chops" ;) and check as I mentioned above what amount of "hone" was given. Have found from experience to go to larger than the Wiseco sheets says  ;)

Oh and how be the complete air filtration setup?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 09:18:57 PM by Tim754 »
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2013, 10:24:25 AM »
cheers Tim, its great to hear a clear mind tick over, I think Iwill put my money on piston bore clearance with air temp and a flat chat track, plug readings good, plenty of oil found in the mess ??? thanks again for a concise cover of 2 bang and rattles 101 ;) :)

Offline VMX60

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2013, 01:23:23 PM »
Mate

Where those Wiseco piston the old Green box type, as they need 4 to 6 thou  skirt clearance . Bloody old cast Wiseco will sieze at any time

Same as last time might be able to help with NEW geen box piston or rings for the old Wiseco   ;)

Cheers

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2013, 01:32:48 PM »
Mate

Where those Wiseco piston the old Green box type, as they need 4 to 6 thou  skirt clearance . Bloody old cast Wiseco will sieze at any time

Same as last time might be able to help with NEW geen box piston or rings for the old Wiseco   ;)

Cheers
Nah brand new ones made by wiseco exclusively for  Paul Miller, yep should of gone 4+thou insted of 3+ wiseco recommended 2.9 thou ;)
how can you help with new green box piston and rings ;) ???

Offline VMX60

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2013, 01:43:36 PM »
Got a shit load of New old stock Wiseco green box T250 and T350 suzuki piston and rings , may have the right o/s piston assy no guarentee what I have in the shed  :D

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2013, 01:56:44 PM »
Got a shit load of New old stock Wiseco green box T250 and T350 suzuki piston and rings , may have the right o/s piston assy no guarentee what I have in the shed  :D
were have you been all my life? hang on same as last time  :o sorry Vmx60 Ive been all around the world mate and for the life of me cant remember what conversation we had before sorry  :-[ so what piston o/s have ya for the T350?