Author Topic: Race Tech Seminar.  (Read 5243 times)

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Race Tech Seminar.
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 09:58:37 AM »
Yes Jason.
Because the  volume of oil that the shaft has displaced to the reservoir on compression forces the shaft out again (with help of about 175 psi in the reservoir when you charge it up)  ;)

Ross you're giving too much away  ::)

maico police

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 10:07:52 AM »
 :D
It seems the same question has been been bugging myself and Jase for years. I promised him it would be the first thing I'd find out about. ;)

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 10:24:57 AM »
It seems the same question has been been bugging myself and Jase for years. I promised him it would be the first thing I'd find out about. ;)

same as a FOXAIR SHOCK.Only the shaft is smaller .

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 01:29:22 PM »

maico police

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2012, 07:52:30 PM »
Well the seminar's all done and dusted and it's great to be home again.  :)
Absolutely mind-blowing the whole thing. Not just the theory of what does what and servicing but also the advanced stuff of geometry, data acquisition and in-depth valving. I doubt anyone could walk away from one of these believing they haven't learnt something. Some guys were on their fouth seminar and quite happy to shell out the money again. I'll certainly be back when he's back in two years time. It's all relavent to any motorcycle regardless of its age.
A bump is a bump. ;)
Race Tech have a lot to offer vintage racers. Their Gold valves are bolt on performance that anyone that can hold a spanner the right way around can do in the comfort of their own shed and get instant good results. I've put them in my L and H and had huge improvements at a fraction of the cost of a new shock. Plus a great range of fork springs and seal heads for the older stuff.
Paul acknowledges that by putting these items on the market that they've been ripped off by all sorts but it doesn't phase him at all. People who've tried the coppied stuff come back after the 'copies' break, fall apart or just don't work.
Plus they guarentee all their products. If you're not happy, send it back and you'll get a full refund.

The other great part of the week was spending time at Shock Treatment out at Wallacia. Terry and Jan were the consumate hosts and stuffed us full of yummy food at every break. I think I put on another five kilos by Friday.... ::)
Terry is every bit as sharp as Paul. Anyone who's ever dealt with him over the phone know that he'll go to great lengths to help you sort out a problem. His boys in the work shop are spot on as well.
He stayed back Friday night after it was all over to make up some bushes to go into the cartridges of my 2000 YZ forks that we'd forgotten to do earlier in the week. I was happy to leave them there for next week but he insisted (even though he was meant to be hitting the shower to go out for tea) to do them and upon realising my rebound valves were up the shit, promptly rebuilt them for me whilst happily chatting away.
If you live in Sydney and can't do a lot of this sort of thing, then get it to the boys at Shock Treatment.
If you don't live in Sydney, then mail it to them... ;)

If you think 1700 bucks is a little exxy then after you do one you'll realize that it's not enough. Not even the cost of an old shitter and you'll get far more value from one of these seminars.

No. I don't claim to know all there is to know about suspension after just one week. But I know a hell of a lot more than I did a week ago....... ;)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 07:54:50 PM by Mont »

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2012, 07:53:30 AM »

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2012, 07:57:20 AM »