Poll

Should all pre and post 75 MX Sidecars run at same meetings on circuits  modified and suitable for their respective eras?

Yes lets enjoy! everywhere
Only at Australian Titles
Only at Club/interclub level
Who cares?
No never is killing pre 75 Classic MX

Author Topic: Events When ,Where and Status.  (Read 12796 times)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: Events When ,Where and Status.
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 07:22:55 PM »
Going to miss meeting you friend :( As I will be having a operation on my spine on Thursday and will not be to fit or comfortable to travel. sorry will miss the event. yours Tim              Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

YSS

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 02:07:43 PM »
Sorry to busy for that weekend , saving money and maschinery  for the aussie titles  8) ;D

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007, 02:46:49 PM »
one of the bikes took a big hit on the weekend at our final Dt round, was that blue MEFO : yam i think, after he clipped the back of the other riders in what can only be descibed as a unknown move, and after both rider and passenger came back to earth from the sky in which they shot , a broken leg and other injuries.  so thats one less for Morgan>  The Tomlinson sidecar Guys from mud and tars talked Morgan up as a great event and weekend, look out for those 2, funniest, laid back guys youll see, red and white wasp with i think a xs YAm ? you cant miss the Face on the tank  ;D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 02:49:59 PM by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2007, 07:39:42 PM »
This little beauty came in third for the National title of pre 75,put the big bore bikes to shame.Rider Nigel Evans, Passenger Peter Kurtz from SA.
More photos of the Morgan Sidecar Nationals are on www.inmotionphotogragy.net

that link might work if you spell photography correctly - now i know coming from thats prity funny  ;D

any way try  http://www.inmotionphotography.net

whos web site is in-motion > images are in Bonnets shop in Mt barker so must be an SA local ?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 07:43:11 PM by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2008, 12:29:22 PM »
This weekend we r off to Beverley,which for some is about 150km south east of Perth.For us its one of our longer runs.
yummie sandy loam to do some serous skids in.
5 sidecars will be warming up for the first sidecar blat of the season,.
The Norton is still in bits,had a leaking head gasket and changed it back to a 850.
There is mostly yamaha motors is the WA sidecars,they are a pretty reliable motor from what I have read and heard,but Nortons sound better and pull like a .............
Have a good weekend folks.  8)
Cheers :)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 01:05:25 PM by vmx247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2008, 09:25:30 PM »
Enjoy!!!! ;) Cheers Tim
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 02:44:14 PM »
Thanks Tim,
We drove for the 3 hours north east and it rained most of the way.Lucky we have internet and can read the radar weather image before hand.Eight vehicles for camping on the saturday night and I thought they had all chicken out with the rain,come sunday we had a field of 45 bikes with 6 sidecars
The track recieved 36 mills of rain, this turned the corners into waist deep watering holes.
While walking the track(saturday) the blokes reckon it was going to be fast,with lovely long smooth sliding bends.Of course I wouldn't repeat the words/body laungage they used to describe a bloody good track,(this wouldn't be very lady like)but you know the words/moves. :o
Snorkle and flippers where advised for all sidecars,passengers of course would be doing most of the swimming/work. ;)
Sunday race morning and 3/4 water had gone (with help from borrowed dozer)and left holes for the pre 68(Ariel/trump) sidecar to promtly lay over and roll in it,wearing nice white pommie flag jerseys.Great laugh for the beginning of the season.Glad I'm not washing that lot.
I quickly raced back for the camera just incase they did the same trick again.But of course this didn't happen.
The long straights did turn out excellent, but with hair pins at the ends this made the riders and passengers work for the day.
Another TOP weekend had by all.Cheers Alison
Three WA sidecars r  heading to Naracourte for an ASA race meeting,anzac long weekend.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 08:52:12 PM by vmx247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 03:10:03 PM »
any Photo's of the event?
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2008, 09:56:43 PM »
just thought I'd post again....what the heck. :o
Best wishes and good luck to all from Western Australia heading over to Naracourte South Australia for the Annual Sidecar Spectacular.
Represent us well lads and Sarah :-*
Best is in the West !!

firko

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2008, 10:11:00 PM »
I love those big Wasp outfits but being a New South Welshman I haven't seen too much MX sidecar action over the years. Motocross sidecar racing  never really took off on this side of the island other than a bit in Victoria. It appears to be a mostly SA and WA thing unfortunately. I've really enjoyed what little I've seen though.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 10:15:51 PM by firko »

Offline smalls717

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2008, 10:54:37 PM »
Hey vmx247 where abouts in WA are you from?
I,m in Port Kennedy.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2008, 11:03:18 AM »
Alison My son Matt is back over in WA. He was the rider of our team, and his brother Daniel the passenger or "ballast come bilge water "as Matt called him...) Matt was a fun VMX sidecar rider his favourite trick was to back off the brakes till they did not work as he believed to win you should not have to slow down.... Yes the boys did win quite a few events and crashed out hard in others........ Matt is engineering at Newman and the mines up north so really he is a long long way from you. But he will have a a week of with paid passage to Perth now and then so if any events coincide I will relay the details.  Tim
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2008, 12:51:14 PM »
Tim,
Matt is most welcome to come visit/camp with our family in the rolling green hills,bit of different land scape for him.Australind Train runs 18km from us, twice a day from Perth.
We also where in Newman spending time desert racing(80-88),still have many friends from those days.
still need passengers and riders
Alison
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 10:59:09 PM by vmx247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2008, 11:23:37 AM »
Only if the sidecars could use the Flog course after the overpaid and rated other crap. ;)
                                                   Voltaire.