Author Topic: firko is in intensive care anyone know how he is  (Read 17206 times)

IT400C

Re: firko is in intensive care anyone know how he is
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2012, 01:18:39 PM »
when your firing on all 8 again

Firing on all 8??  Firko being a Jag man, I would have thought it was all 12!!!

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2012, 01:22:51 PM »
Pleased to hear you are on the mend Uncle Firko.
Cheers Nephew Craig

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2012, 01:55:08 PM »
Firing on all 8??  Firko being a Jag man, I would have thought it was all 12!!!
Speaking of which....It's been months since I've driven the big Jag so the day after I got out of hospital I decided I'd treat myself by taking her for a run out to Nepean Raceway to watch the 25 lappers on Saturday arvo. I kicked her over and was about to take off when I remembered my sunglasses were in the Jeep. While I went to get them the Jag stalled but No problema....I kicked her over again but instead of firing up, was scared shitless by a god almighty backfire which sounded like a hidden terrorist bomb which blew the stainless steel mufflers clear off the headers. She now sounds like John Goss's Bathurst TWR Jag so in wisdom I decided to put her back in the shed.

After my exciting week in hospital, the idiot gardner cutting my Telsta/Foxtel cable and now my squillion dollar Walkinshaw exhaust system being reduced to staino scrap metal I figured my luck hadn't quite returned yet. I lost my mobile phone yesterday so nothing's changed! ;D
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 04:11:47 PM by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Simo63

« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2012, 02:07:34 PM »
After my exciting week in hospital, the idiot gardner cutting my Telsta/Foxtel cable and now my squillion dollar Walkinshaw exhaust system being reduced to staino scrap metal I figured my luck hadn't quite returned yet. I lost my mobile phone yesterday so nothing's changed! ;D

But you're still here mate so you have probably used up a bit of your good luck quota .. these other small insignificant things are just balancing up the books  ;D

Curly3

« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2012, 02:12:42 PM »
Don't forget the 50 you found in your pocket, it's not all bad.
I was surprised to see you out there on Sat, glad to hear things are on the improve.

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2012, 06:11:00 PM »
Welcome back Mark its been a bit quiet on the DT/RT front while you have had your holiday in ICU . Good to hear your on the mend . Iain
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

Tony T

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2012, 08:47:19 PM »
So................ Apart from all that stuff, it sounds like you're doing a bit better......  ;D
Good to see you back here, Uncle.
Hopefully you can mix me a couple of Margaritas at CD9.  ;)

PS Have you got the Hindall?

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2012, 09:55:58 PM »
Did you get hit with a hefty bill for the cable repair? If you didn't just let me know and I'll make sure it gets through...........in less time than it took to get fixed.  ;D
Nice to have you back.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2012, 03:43:08 PM »
After my exciting week in hospital, the idiot gardner cutting my Telsta/Foxtel cable and now my squillion dollar Walkinshaw exhaust system being reduced to staino scrap metal I figured my luck hadn't quite returned yet. I lost my mobile phone yesterday so nothing's changed!
The crap luck continues.....while digging through the Jeep looking for the missing mobile phone (still missing), I noticed that the front passenger floor well carpet was soaked with fluro green radiator anti freeze. A quick squiz of the internet Jeep Grand Cherokee forums and a quick trip to my trusty mechanic verified suspicions that I've blown a heater core, calling for a complete dash removal and at least $1000 in labour alone, nor counting parts. Yep....it's sure been a great year. :'(   
Did you get hit with a hefty bill for the cable repair?
One good thing Lozza is that Telstra didn't charge me. The Telstra and Foxtel repair guys both told me that as my cable goes across my neighbours yard, that isn't allowed any more and would usually have to be re-routed, a $600 + fix up. Instead he gave me a free quicky splice repair and told me that as I live in the heart of the working class Western Suburbs, a labour stronghold, we'd be getting priority on the installation of the new National Broadband Network before the next election to garner brownie points for the Gillard Government* so it wouldn't have been worth doing a major repair that would have to be replaced within 18 months anyway.

*Apologies for political content.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 03:57:12 PM by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2012, 04:06:09 PM »
we'd be getting priority on the installation of the new National Broadband Network before the next election
*Apologies for political content.

:D  Thats what they all say and our neighbours cattle still keep chewing the cables ..Royalties for Region..yer right  ;D 
You can only go up from here Firko  ~  yep Glory Days  8)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 04:11:39 PM by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2012, 10:52:17 PM »
Well Cheers mate and it is really a pleasure to have you back.
  PS The Thunderbird has now grown new twin exhausts, Fella that did the deed commented he has never before had to use 37Ft of exhaust tubing to a sedan before ....not counting the mufflers.....and the two cat converters are still fitted!*

* might just be hollow though... ;) 
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Wasp

• A-Grade
  • Your Suspension Solution since 1989
    • View Profile
    • Suspensionshop
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2018, 07:45:32 PM »
I hope he is doing well . Havent heard or seen him for a while .
VMX shocks , We don't just sell them - I design and produce them individually for you since 1989.

Offline Momus

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2018, 10:43:54 PM »
Really? He sent me a photo and some info on a TS250 Suzuki about 10 minutes ago.
If you love it, lube it.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2018, 07:56:31 AM »
the old 6 year old post trick ;D

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2018, 12:02:40 PM »