Author Topic: VMX - free bikes and SEX (apparently).  (Read 1917 times)

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
VMX - free bikes and SEX (apparently).
« on: March 16, 2008, 10:42:05 AM »
Not really - and I sincerely apologise for the under handed attention grabbing topic line.

However, it appears some of you are not aware the Noise emmisions/decibels issue is at crisis point - and we need EVERYONE on this forum to make an effort.
Somewhere on this Forum is a thread labelled 'Noise emmisions' and it has many pages of debate - if you care to read through for a bit of background.
However, pls see this post from the 'Decibels' thread in the 'Competition' section: 

Jeez fellas, Fatboy says MA have received only six or eight responses to the noise limit debate! ???
That is tragic - and hardly a groundswell of dissent.
How many members are on this Forum......?

Given the volume of written traffic on this Forum can we pls all make an effort to send a letter to MA?
Fatboy has provided the link (and it's no different to posting on this Forum).

rmartin@ma.org.au

We have eleven days left before the Board meets on 26 March.
Pls send a few lines ASAP.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: VMX - free bikes and SEX (apparently).
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 12:29:49 AM »
 Good hijack, Wombat, and hats off to you for getting off your arse and caring enough. I have shot off a lengthy email to Ross Martin at the supplied address, along the lines of the fact that a 96db limit is being proposed without any visible testing, that most pre-75 bikes were manufactured unsilenced but nowadays are, and that a program of testing, consultation and information, working hand-in-glove with the competitor faction that's involved here, would be eminently preferable to the sudden, untested imposition of a lower limit without any feedback or indeed necessity. Without going into too much detail, I reminded him that MA is a democracy, not an insular autocracy, and that they will get better results if they work with the race classes involved in decisions of this nature.
 But PLEASE people, whatever line of discussion you choose, PLEASE take a few minutes to knock out a submission to Ross indicating that you are disturbed with the proposal, and that you would like more time/testing/information/justification on this very important subject. And do it THIS WEEK !!
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Re: VMX - free bikes and SEX (apparently).
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 01:10:27 AM »
And here i thought wombat was a kids program :-\