Author Topic: So long  (Read 9728 times)

Offline maicoman18

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: So long
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2008, 03:20:31 pm »
Lastly. If in fact the bike does exist, do you honestly think that you'll find someone crazy enough to throw $120000 at it?

Firko
Not that I want in on this topic, but if there are people about who will pay $800,000.00+ for a HO falcon(from another thread) why wouldn't there be a genuine enthusiast that might pay the asking price for the Maico? Providing that it is as described of course.

Ed

firko

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 03:27:19 pm »
Those blokes who are paying 800k for a HO Falcon are in a very risky investment zone, akin to betting on the gee gees or the short term stockmarket. Knowing how the baby boomers are throwing money around these days, you may be right Ed, there may just be someone out there willing to throw that kind of money at it but I just don't think it would be a very wise investment. I wouldn't be investing my superanuation in a 120k Maico. I doubt if a real enthusiast would spend that kind of money on a bike he could never ride. Anyone who does buy it for that money is a speculator (nee gambler).
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 03:30:48 pm by firko »

Tony T

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2008, 03:51:30 pm »
I've also gone over my own posts and come to the conclusion that if Wes had simply said 'look at the NOS 490 I just bought', and posted a pic, I would have gone Man! Look at that! But the $120k price tag and no photo, really threw me. That and the fact that the story closely resembled another story I'd heard a couple of years ago about a YZ465. I'm not saying it's not true, just in that context it was hard to believe.
I think if I found a NOS '84 KX500, I'd be so bloody proud I'd want to show it to everybody.  ;D
It would be a real pity if this bike does exist that nobody ever gets to see it.

mx250

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2008, 06:12:42 pm »
Guys this is meant to be fun.
Gee, I thought this was fun  ;D.

Does this mean that when someone 'leads with a glass jaw' hands me a baseball bat, I'm not allowed to take a free swing  ;D. Damn  :P

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2008, 07:48:04 pm »
     I definitely think that VMX enthusiasts are the poor cousins compared to the vintage car collector guys. With prices approaching a million dollars for a GTHO Falcon , I think that some people just have too much money . Good luck to Wes if he gets anything near his asking price , but I think that it is unlikely . Considering  that up till a few years ago, you could have bought a brand new '81 Maico 490 from Bill Brown's Wulfsport in the UK for a hell of a lot less . He was apparently building complete bikes from n.o.s parts that he had bought from the original Maico factory & had an add in the early VMX magazines listing them for prices from 4000 quid . Apparently he does not do this anymore because it is obviously a lot easier & more lucrative just selling the n.o.s parts . '81 Maicos are not a particularly rare bike anyway , with reports that Maico sold  more 490s  than Honda did across its entire motocross range in 1981 .
      I would have been more interested in the story if something rare like a '74 Ossa Phantom or an AW501 had turned up in n.o.s condition . I have heard rumours of a new '82 Can Am Sonic , still in the crate , somewhere near Nowra ( and they are a fairly rare bike ). I probably should have posted this in the Maico section , but the thread that this relates to is locked .               

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2008, 08:12:36 pm »
Tony T has basically said what i would of said.

whats wrong with suzuki footpegs ???
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2008, 08:58:55 pm »
Hi Wes and bingil 6
Don't take it personally, no malice intended,

suzuki43

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2008, 06:01:56 am »
I would like to offer my apologies to anyone who took my somewhat smutty remarks to heart.

I must confess that I took great offence to a certain hired assasins comments criticising the for sale section on this forum, and his aforementioned threats to a certain fine gentleman in Berridale.

I should not have let his comments get to me, but I have never been a person able to stomach intimidation and bullying.

There are a lot of great people in the VMX community,but without wanting to start another moral crusade,there will always be a small section who are blatantly out there to rip off the unfortunate.

Peace to all.
Suzuki 43

TM BILL

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2008, 06:24:22 am »
Tony T has basically said what i would of said.

whats wrong with suzuki footpegs ???

As a life long Suzuki rider i feel i am Qualified to say Suzuki foot pegs are shit

AND IF ANYONE DISAGREES OR SUGGEST IM TELLING LIES IM TAKING MY SUZUKIS AND THERE FOOTPEGS AND GOING HOME NA NA NA NA NA  :P

Doc

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2008, 07:13:51 am »
:o better put up your dukes William! I'm a lifelong Suzuki nutter an' I say TM/RM footpegs are the bestest thing since powdered toast!!  :D

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2008, 01:13:55 pm »
I missed the whoel thng again .   bitch posting should be made to go into the main forum, that way we all get to see them, not in what sounds like some poxy little maico thread, that small area of the forum, be like 414 be proud and come out of the closest.

Im sick of missing these great old ladies bitch posts cuase you tarts keep burying them in never opened parts of the forum.

bastards.............  i like reading you old ladies attacks.  Now thats the second one i missed after  skipping the postie one.

OKay - went over to the post and its been locked, but one thingi would like to add to respond to the original post  ( couldnt give ashit about some maico) is i fel somwhat lost at this initial comment

"i have advertised many things on this vmx site over the last 12 months for people to buy , but i have never sold a thing,,so i will never advertise on this site again, i put parts on here for sale so people can get there hard to get  bits but will never bother again,i will just go and advertise on ebay!!!.....

Well im not sure thats a valid point.   In fact i would go as far as to say the shit that was offered like the TY250 shit for example was always well overpriced and that simply was the reason no one bought it, , and most  stuff inc the TY250 isnt rare nor fitted with any factory parts worth chasing you for so i would get these "rare"  bits else where  ::)

« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 01:33:16 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline BETRIC

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2008, 06:20:36 am »
I better not mention that I own 2 NOS 1973 COOPER 250 MX bikes ;D only 10 were imported to OZ of this model, 5 are still known to exist from the shippment, mine came from the importers son after sitting locked away in a shed for over 30 years plus I have my ride bike, some one else has the other 2 bikes.
DELTEK, 72 MINI TRAIL, 73/4 XR75, 77/78 XR75, DG MONOSHOCK FRAME XR75, REDLINE FRAME XR75, PK RACING MONOSHOCK FRAME XR75, JWRP XR FRAME, SL70K1, 81 CR80RB, TY80A/B, YZ80A/B/D, GT50/80A, GTMX80A, 73 GTMX, GT1, COOPER MX, COOPER ENDURO,MX360A,MX250B,YZ125X MX100, 72 XL250, TC100,TL125, TY250C,IT250J

mx250

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2008, 07:47:56 am »
I better not mention that I own 2 NOS 1973 COOPER 250 MX bikes ;D only 10 were imported to OZ of this model, 5 are still known to exist from the shippment, mine came from the importers son after sitting locked away in a shed for over 30 years plus I have my ride bike, some one else has the other 2 bikes.
I'm pretty sure Warrick Schuberg of Stuck Uptight has one....so one to go.

That would be some sort of record for all bikes of a make and model to be imported to be traced and accounted for  8).

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2008, 12:44:44 pm »
didnt the other one get stolen and burnt out from those kids a will back that took over the stroage unit and took the boat motor or was that a can am ?
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2008, 01:33:09 pm »
Cam Am Sonic 500
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.