Author Topic: TRIUMPH FOR SALE  (Read 2205 times)

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
TRIUMPH FOR SALE
« on: November 07, 2011, 11:10:01 am »
not vmx but have access to a1974 T150 TRIUMPH TRIDENT tidy bike ,only 5700 m currently in the usa $4800.00usd plus shipping

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
Re: TRIUMPH FOR SALE
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 11:26:20 am »
They go alright in a Wasp, Robin :D

Offline Nipper

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 09:54:22 pm »
Hey shoreline what would  shipping cost to Adelaide ?

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 10:18:14 am »
into brisbane all up would be around 1600.00 including gst

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 12:32:03 pm »
Even with shipping still works out pretty reasonable for low mile T150. They are not a bad sort of bike, plus no matter what the economy seems to be like the British stuff holds its value.

Good T150s are pretty sought after as quite grunty motor with traditional looks. I would rather have one of these than any of the twins.  8)
formerly Marc.com

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 02:58:36 pm »
i do try not to be too greedy better sold than looking att them.i have bought off the bloke who owns the triple and have always been as described

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 10:24:06 am »
looks like it is sold

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 08:14:01 pm »
Yes good ones pull big money now. i know a guy who had a fully restored T160 with lots of new bits etc but then he never rode it and it sat in an air conditioned room. He eventually sold it last year for about $16K which was below his asking price but he could have got more because a day or later after he sold it another guy rang up wanting to buy it at his original asking price which was a few grand more, but he had to say sorry he had sold it. If you dont start off a real good one you can for ever be fixing up things on them though. Lots of anoying leaks start to appear. if the brakes have never been done then i can bet you would be up for master cylinders, caliper kits, hoses etc. I dont know of many 70's Triumphs getting around with the original master cylinders these days. i always end up fitting stainless steel ones to most. On the Tridents, especially an import, it will take some time to get them tuned and running properly here. carbies should be removed and have the slides balanced properly and tuned to the fuel here. Also check for slide wear which is common on high milage bikes. Most people will need to go to a colder plug aswell, especially for town/city riding. i also recommend upgrading the rocker box base gaskets to solid copper gaskets (also for good for Triumph twins too) They are much better than the original or common type gaskets availble in the kits you by. All Tridents i do i put solid copper gaskets on. I like the triple sound, but would much prefer an XS750. i restored one of those once and fell in love with it. Much more refined, maintenace free etc compared to the Trident.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 09:54:50 am »
gone to a lover of british iron,actually a retired dealer who saw the value,carbs no problem has mikunis fitted