Poll

Will fuel at $3.35 a litre (in less than ten years according to Caltex) put you off racing/driving donkeys k's to races?

I'm with Noel and the 110 brigade from now on!
12 (63.2%)
Mebbe one less long distance gig a year
2 (10.5%)
Might for the non-turbo'd V8 instead
2 (10.5%)
Looking admiringly at the old bongo van again, and 125s only
3 (15.8%)
I'm with Noel and the 110 brigade from now on!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Bang for your buck  (Read 4421 times)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: Bang for your buck
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 01:39:18 PM »
Alcohol, can drink a bit, mango juice as mixer is better than orange... The other two will kill ya heaps quicker.........
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 08:28:21 PM »
When petrol hits $4.00 a litre I'm dragging out Dad's charcoal burner.

Stuff the greenhouse gases, I'm going to the races.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2008, 05:50:04 PM »
Buy a V8 or better still a V12 jag . that way you pay for the extra motor oil they consume or leak.
Shoey

Did that the last time petrol went up.  Got so pissed went and bought a Cadillac with a 425 V8 for the daily driver.  If it keeps going up I may have to bore it to 500 cubes and put a 750 holley double pumper on it.

Still can't get it to use as much fuel as my old 351 ute. Might have to look into it more.

These are the twilight years of running big V8's so I'm making the most of it. Our poor grandchildren will never know the pleasure of sinking the foot into a big block V8 and watching fuel gauges go down quicker than the speedo needle go up.  My Buick Riviera will do the standing quarter mile in $10

The powers that be will not break me and force me to drive a 4 cylinder. Death before a Hyundi.

husky61

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2008, 08:15:46 PM »
Nice one Crash man

May i suggest extractors with the double pumpers and lets get it breathing.

Long live the consumer

I had a Cadillac when i was posted in the UAE and shit that baby could suck the gas , got rid of that after six months and got a Mustang , bit disappointing the Mustang , granted it had way better performance and style but shit it was too fuel was efficient.

Shoey

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2008, 06:48:06 PM »
Yeah, the Caddy gets 13 mpg with the aircon on flat out. I hate to think what my ute gets, maybe 10 max. I should probably wire the secondaries so it runs all four barrels at once.

I tell the greenies that I'm doing my bit to get rid of greenhouse gases. The quicker I can burn up all the fossil fuel, we'll then have to find an alternative. They're not helping by riding bicycles. We have to get rid of that stuff fast and the only way is to use it up.

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2008, 07:11:22 PM »
Yeah, the Caddy gets 13 mpg with the aircon on flat out. I hate to think what my ute gets, maybe 10 max. I should probably wire the secondaries so it runs all four barrels at once.

I tell the greenies that I'm doing my bit to get rid of greenhouse gases. The quicker I can burn up all the fossil fuel, we'll then have to find an alternative. They're not helping by riding bicycles. We have to get rid of that stuff fast and the only way is to use it up.
Very good! That's a new one for me ;D.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"