Author Topic: Noel: Fernando said I can't race the postie! :o  (Read 26705 times)

YSS

Re: Noel: Fernando said I can't race the postie! :o
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2008, 09:46:11 AM »

IWhat's the story behind Vern Grayson's bike/Is it legal or not?
Short answer..Legal for pre 70, illegal for pre 65. If that bike showed up today with a different owner it would most likely pass scrutineering for pre 65. The politics involved in that case prevent a simple answer.
What's an MX400A, and is it pre-75 legal?
No such bike

its not the rules so much , that caused that problem , it was the gutless attitude of MA to let it come that far on the day . Its a shame that a commission can be lulled in by a permanent trouble maker from WA ,that only has one goal . That is to win at all costs and by abusing the rulebook to do so. Does one down tube make you faster then two? No, but if it means you can knock the opposition out ,its a great scape goat
Thats where the problem lays.
In the case of the CT 110 thats different , that is a road bike and needs severe mods from original to compet on a race track.
If that was allowed , I will ask GMC to build a frame for the RD 250 twin cylinder.....

TM BILL

« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2008, 10:07:00 AM »
The Kiwi rules seem a lot different from just about everywhere else in the world . Allowing a CR360 Mikkola Husky to run in pre '75 seems a bit strange, as it is virtually a works replica & would be way superior to a '74 Maico (or anything else in that class ). The CZ Falta would be a similar story in the 250 class . As the Kiwi pre '81 class seems to be the equivalent of the Oz evo class, does that meen that the '81 Maico , YZ465H & '83/4 Huskys would not be eligible ? I agree with the comment about the Oz 'pre '78 class 9 inch travel limit. The limit should be 10 inches to include every bike that was available in 1977 & the bikes should not have to be modified back to meet the lower standards of inferior models of that time. An example of a legitimate 1977 model bike that is not mentioned in the rulebook is the VB 250/360 Montesa . It has 10 inches of wheel travel, front & rear. Even the Yamaha YZ400D has 10 inches rear wheel travel , measured at the brochure.
      As for the Evo class rules in the MA rulebook, the first part :18.7.12.1 causes confusion . It states that all bikes will be O.E.M . To me , this  puts in doubt any bike that is a hybrid. I think that hybrids are interesting & should be encouraged .
      The 2003 postie bike should be legal for Evo 125 class from the way I see it , as Evo class has no year cutoff. Why you would bother is beyond me though .A 1988/9 model CZ type 514 is also legal , as it meets all the criteria.

The Kiwi rules work great in New Zealand but thats not to say they would work elsewhere.

On the kiwi tracks Long travel suspension is generally a hinderence , the lower bikes corner way faster .

Kiwi tracks are marked out on natural terrain with only a few ski jumps .

Although paddocks are reused the tracks are usually different each meeting so your not riding in previous ruts etc.

Kiwi VMX is an extentsion of Kiwi life , dont take things to seriously and if you feel the need to cheat to win then your only bullshitting yourself.

At the risk of offending the winners its still only VMX racing and even if you win at the highest level its still only VMX racing , witch in the big picture comes just behind being the worlds tallest Dwarf  :)

TM BILL

« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2008, 10:08:35 AM »
Good lord someone might as well have tipped a drum of fuel in here & lit it. All this fuss over a CT90/110, just ride the fuggin thing, if it was over here that poor lil' thing & rider would get so munted by our tracks You'd soon change rides. Mind you there has been times when racing in the slop I'm certain I could have gone as fast on such a thing, cooling fins would bog up quick tho.

Nathan have you ever considered getting into politics?

Eno you provide the Postie and i will race it  ;D

eno

« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2008, 10:28:50 AM »
Careful what you wish for Bill...I have the worlds fastest CT90 hiding in my shed.  ;D

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2008, 10:41:00 AM »
Eno you could give Bill the Indian then he would be the worlds fastest Indian  ;D jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

TM BILL

« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2008, 10:55:08 AM »
Careful what you wish for Bill...I have the worlds fastest CT90 hiding in my shed.  ;D
So its on for Halcombe then is it  ;)

husky61

« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2008, 11:31:43 AM »
Correction required

Noel has the worlds fastest postie bike. Well , the fastest we have seen anyway.

(Until there is a drag off )

There's a new concept , postie drags . That would be a good thing to see at break time whilst we are up at eastern creek wacthing the top fuel drag cars.

eno

« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2008, 11:49:13 AM »
Hey I like the idea of postie dirt drags...heh heh, mine self destructs if it has anything less than methanol in the tank. Has a puny 6:1 comp' ratio...err thats because of the supercharger pumping at one atmosphere(15 psi).  :o

firko

« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2008, 11:50:17 AM »
In the early days of Vintage Dirt Track we ran the "World Steppy Championships" every meeting at Nepean. The Joel Robert of the sport was a bloke named Billy Johnson with his legendary "Pink Thing", a sixties CT90 taken out to 130 or so cc and running on 90% nitro. Billy was also a legend in the now abandoned Midnight Steppy Parties that used to be held at various properties in the Blue Mountains every full moon. I went to one event, held on radio celebrity Doug Mulrays property, and there were at least 50 steppys running three classes under full lights. The modified class was for the fuel burners and Billy and the Pink Thing (named because everything including the engine and tyres were painted with Passion Pink house paint) were the stars. Seeing those nitro flames shooting a foot out of Pink Thing and Shane "Rocket" Randalls 12'' travel CT110s exhaust will say with me for ever. I even built a bike using a CB100 manual gearbox engine in a postie CT110 but I sold it before it was finished to finance something else.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2008, 12:24:44 PM »
Look read this and understand if possible economics. This comes from a reputable source The 2008 MOMs is actually smaller than some close preceding years, (I checked!it is!) as it was getting to bloody expensive to print and post!!! Buy trimming some fat , and the amount of pages reduced + costs MA ( Our license fees and Club charges) a lot less to print and to Post out!. Perhaps next year only Officials will get printed versions posted and all else will have to download it. NOW STOP SQUEALING as I know some of you are if you want every line rule placed in the Manual be prepared to pay VERY TOP Dollar as it covers many disciplines not just VMX.............. .
                      COME ON FOR F**KS SAKE USE YOUR COMMON SENSE and YOUR BRAINS. 
                IF YOU THINK YOUR BIKE MAY NOT COMPLY WITH WHATEVER CLASS YOU WISH TO BE IN
                                               IT MOST LIKELY DOES NOT!
..SO WORK ON IT TILL YOU ARE HAPPY IN YOURSELF IT DOES!!! AND REMEMBER THE ONUS IS ON YOU TO PROVE IT DOES.

Hessam take the 2003 bike to a meeting and all the proof you can find it meets requirement, and see what the scrutinizers judge. Me I am a recognized licensed scrutineer and your case and proof would have to be very strong for anything prior to EVO.
Hessam My racing VMX machines  are ALL converted road bikes, My pet VMX Honda754 still even runs the original main road frame with just a few extra gussets, but it is a stamped 1971 production model .  Tim754
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 10:14:29 PM by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

YSS

« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2008, 04:46:12 PM »
There is your answer Tim  . look in the bible for 12.16.0.4

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2008, 05:45:57 PM »
This thread certainly has strayed ,
Dear Mark, are you saying that, scrutineers should or should not allow Vern's Cheney thru scutineering (into Pre 65)  depending on  who is riding it.
Please read the 2008 manual
Please take the word "PEDANTIC" out of your vocabulary,I have noticed that you dismiss any one who doesn't agree with you as pedantic ,
 Reading and knowing what really is in the current GCR's should be encouraged, see GMC's remarks,he can read and understand them, why can't others.

Offline bingil 6

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2008, 06:39:50 PM »
What class should I enter a Vespa 150 in ?

Doc

« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2008, 06:43:58 PM »
here's somewhere to ride the posty specials.. :D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=D_s5zvZIUJ0&feature=related

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2008, 06:46:30 PM »
Dear VMX247,
That's Mr Vern Grayson to you,