Author Topic: Noel: Fernando said I can't race the postie! :o  (Read 27400 times)

Offline bingil 6

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Noel: Fernando said I can't race the postie! :o
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2008, 10:50:54 am »
I was going to stay out of this one but it's got the better of me , Ive been involved & interested in dirt / MX bikes since the early seventies & I can never recall a Honda Ag bike competing at any event or featuring in any dirt/MX bike magazine, so to me I don't think the have a place in VMX history , I do give Hessam69 credit for trying but I do get a bit annoyed when some people can't take no for an answer, if you and others are so determind in competing on these bikes do what was mentioned earlier in this thread and get together and lobby MA to get a class going & before you throw the Teddy in the sandpit because the bike you've bought doesn't fall into any of the classes catered for by the club you would like to join why not consult the club first you never know there might be someone willing to sell you a decent bike to get you started at price that you would probably spend on something that is not compatible

magoo

« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2008, 02:21:10 pm »
 ???

STW996

« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2008, 02:37:07 pm »
Nobody can say it like Magoo can!!!!!!

« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2008, 02:56:35 pm »
gosh i love the crap we go on about here on good old ozvmx.  its bloody good entertainment, specially these flame up sessions.  couldn't write better fiction than this.

be remiss if i didn't try to keep the pot stirred.  i can't believe you'd turn away an 03 ct110.  i don't care if they did get the rip snorting benefit of a five speed box along the way or not.  as far as i know, the rest of the bike is still stuck in a late sixties time machine and so is good to go.  years are a metaphor for technology developments, and so are a useful yardstick most of the time (eg, to separate early LTS bikes in Pre-78 from mid LTS bikes in evo).   but not in a case like this one.  the postie bike got bugger all development so the bike stamped out in the twenty first century actually is a late sixties bike.

that's why for the new Old School class at ACTMCC, we went for technology - no USD or rear discs, all else goes - and i mean all else (but what else is there - know many modern mx bikes that had oodles of technology but for some reason left drum brakes on the back?)  easy peasy and fair.

husky61

« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2008, 03:50:51 pm »
 :o :o

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2008, 04:05:17 pm »
yeah, for some very strange reason i can help but follow this. it must be the entertainment of it i suppose.

I'm off to see some kind of therapist.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline BETRIC

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2008, 04:53:15 pm »
 ??? ??? ??? ??? ;D THIS DISSCUSION IS SO FUNNY, I BET IF HE TURNED UP WITH COMPLIANCE PLATE REMOVE FROM THE FRAME NO ONE WOULD HAVE A CLUE WHAT YEAR IT WAS BUILT, BOTTOM LINE IT IS STILL NOT LEGAL,
DELTEK, 72 MINI TRAIL, 73/4 XR75, 77/78 XR75, DG MONOSHOCK FRAME XR75, REDLINE FRAME XR75, PK RACING MONOSHOCK FRAME XR75, JWRP XR FRAME, SL70K1, 81 CR80RB, TY80A/B, YZ80A/B/D, GT50/80A, GTMX80A, 73 GTMX, GT1, COOPER MX, COOPER ENDURO,MX360A,MX250B,YZ125X MX100, 72 XL250, TC100,TL125, TY250C,IT250J

magoo

« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2008, 05:43:10 pm »
I just love the fireworks. My old sparring partner Nathan committed the mortal sin of questioning the integrity of the HL. That's like asking a muslim why they wear a towel on their head.
Ask and wear the consequences.

STW996

« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2008, 05:43:46 pm »
Hey Hoony, it is a Honda after all so I am half temped to support the cause, but if he was to beat me on it well >:( :'(

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2008, 05:47:18 pm »
G'day STW,

Honda or not i am not buying into this dribble, i will read it funnily enough though.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Doc

« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2008, 06:25:50 pm »
remember kids..

so don't even try it!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 06:27:22 pm by Doc »

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2008, 06:28:54 pm »
Yep sure is a great read, so since I'm 44yrs of age and the human body hasn't had any modifications can I race in the over 60's class??  ;)
What about the bike I just built, what class(pre??) does it belong in? I'm calling it a YZ125"B"
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2008, 06:35:54 pm »
only if you have a tran plant from some one who is 61 . does hair count

firko

« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2008, 06:45:31 pm »
Yep it is dribble Hoony and I wouldn't have bothered even commenting on the Steppy eligibility question as it's not a thing I'd normally give a shit about. If you are mad enough to race one like Noel (no insult intended mate) go right ahead as long as it fits into the eligibility cutoff.

Then Nathan flew in there like a runaway garbage truck with yet another pompous epitaph on the inadequacies of our rulebook. That was like waving a red flag at a bull and I couldn't refrain from comment. Myself and very dedicated group of people spent a shitload of time researching and writing the rules those rules. For 20 years they have stood us well, with very few problems compared to other "vintage" or historic diciplines. Constructive criticism is a welcome thing but Nathans paranoid "loopholes everywhere" criticisms are annoying. There are some things that could certainly use a tuneup but all in all it's a simple, easy to understand and fair set of rules.  
Nathan, if you feel the need to fix our supposed eligibility problems join a club/comittee/commission and table your plan to save us from the evils that pour from the books pages. The commission is always looking for new input from competitors. Until then though, please inform us with your master plan to get it all back on track. It must be a serious situation if it "slaps us in the face every couple of months" so don't waste any time matey......... ;)

Doc

« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2008, 07:33:06 pm »
DJ, about the bike you just built..it's pre '78 along with my TM125S ;) nice job by the way  8)