Author Topic: Keeping the show on the road  (Read 79768 times)

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Keeping the show on the road
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2011, 05:42:39 PM »
money can be sent via PAYPAL to anyone with an account if the sender has the payee's email address that is used for the PAYPAL account. No Problem.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 08:27:04 PM »
Well, it's that time of year when my server fees become due. I have discontinued the Google advertising on the Ning site, so there's no income from there anymore. So... if anyone can spare a few bucks, please send them along to me via Paypal - gmc99@bigpond.com - or via direct deposit to

Westpac Tuggeranong ACT
BSB: 732-636
A/C No: 555769
Title: Graeme McElligott

Remember, this is not expected of anyone and the site will continue all the same. But if you can help out, it really is very much appreciated.

Cheers
Graeme M

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 12:38:41 PM »
A huge thank you to those who have helped me out with this, it really is very much appreciated. The Ning site in particular might be gonna cost me more in future given the rate people are posting up photos and videos! It seems to have passed some sort of 'threshold' recently and the traffic there is really taking off. Can only be a good thing huh?

Offline Matador107

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2012, 08:48:38 AM »
GRAEME,Just sent through my ''membership fees'' hopefully a lot of the other blokes will cough up a bit of coin. I look at it this way it's just like buying the paper every day and this site is a lot more interseting and has a knowledge base that is immeasurable. Cheers. MW.
Bultaco Metralla, Matador MK 5, Montadero mk2, El Bandido model 18,plus lots of bits and two Honda XR's 250,350.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2012, 10:04:22 PM »
Thanks MW, it does all help believe me. And even though I get to thinking I'd rather be shot of it sometimes, I am pretty tickled that it's survived and prospered all these years. I think I started it in 2004, so in just two more years it'll be a 'Decade of OzVMX'. I'll have to commission Honest Muzz for that one huh?

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2012, 07:18:47 AM »
a $100 note is in your moneybox

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2012, 08:36:56 AM »
Hey Grahame .. I run a hosting space on the side and previously had a server set up my-self.  You are paying for familiarity with "Ning"..
My server package for around 12 sites per year with a local Aust company is $800..  As others have said if you want to swap anything out to reduce the costs we are here to help.

Here's an idea...every one donate their Race number!!!!  (changing mine to a lower number next year) Hahaha...  ;)

Offline Mod1

• Global Moderator
  • Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2012, 12:41:06 AM »
Thanks Graeme M for another fantastic year around the tracks  8)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2012, 06:54:15 AM »
Thanks to everyone for the support through the year, especially if I haven't already thanked you personally. Every donation does help, believe me. I now have three websites that I look after and each costs both money and time, so the help I get is always welcomed. Thanks again to all who donated a little or a lot throughout the year.

Cheers
Graeme M

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2012, 10:25:14 AM »
Graeme, thanks for hosting the best, most rounded old dirt bike forum on the 'net. I've trolled around as many dirt bike forums as I can find and am a member of (only) two others and none come within a cooee of hosting the amount of traffic and the variety that this forum does. There's hardly a facet of the vintage dirt bike culture that isn't covered somewhere on here, Hill climbs and dirt drags are the only two that I can think of that don't get a regular go...........Let's hope for bigger and better (if that's possible)in 2013
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2012, 10:46:33 AM »
Graeme, thanks for hosting the best, most rounded old dirt bike forum on the 'net. I've trolled around as many dirt bike forums as I can find and am a member of (only) two others and none come within a cooee of hosting the amount of traffic and the variety that this forum does. There's hardly a facet of the vintage dirt bike culture that isn't covered somewhere on here, Hill climbs and dirt drags are the only two that I can think of that don't get a regular go...........Let's hope for bigger and better (if that's possible)in 2013
Ditto. Graeme
 Thanks and have a Merry Christmas.
  pancho
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline Matador107

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2012, 01:35:17 PM »
Best forum going and the information is unbelievable,I'd be lost if I didn't have OZ VMX to read every day,Merry Xmas Graeme and thanks for all your efforts.
Bultaco Metralla, Matador MK 5, Montadero mk2, El Bandido model 18,plus lots of bits and two Honda XR's 250,350.

Offline Mod1

• Global Moderator
  • Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2013, 03:42:16 PM »
Well, it's that time of year when my server fees become due. I have discontinued the Google advertising on the Ning site, so there's no income from there anymore. So... if anyone can spare a few bucks, please send them along to me via Paypal - gmc99@bigpond.com - or via direct deposit to

Westpac Tuggeranong ACT
BSB: 732-636
A/C No: 555769
Title: Graeme McElligott

Remember, this is not expected of anyone and the site will continue all the same. But if you can help out, it really is very much appreciated.
Cheers
Graeme M

Bump

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2013, 09:06:11 AM »
Well, now that the great forum migration has been carried out successfully, a big thank you to all those who donated to the cause. I really do appreciate the help. And on that note, a special thank you to Nigel who went above and beyond and sent $100 which I found in my post box today. That was particularly fortunate as there were a few glitches in the migration process that meant I was billed an extra $100 which I paid just yesterday. How coincidental is that?

On the whole, with the donations received, I have covered pretty much all my costs for this year with only a minimum from my own pocket. So thanks to everyone who donated, and of course thanks to everyone who is part of making this forum the success that it is.

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2013, 07:04:33 PM »
bout time i sent a donation [feeling guilty as love it on here talking 'bull' haha], will try the paypal way & hope it works to the email you gave up there somewhere.