Author Topic: What is this thing called carbon tax?  (Read 79672 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: What is this thing called carbon tax?
« Reply #435 on: November 11, 2012, 08:14:48 pm »
Seeing he's out of politics, I think it would be called murder...
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 11, 2012, 08:17:42 pm »
I,me just pissed guys ignore me.

You do the right thing personally and you end up getting slapped down.
I put the thought and effort and dare I say it the MONEY into this house to make a difference when I could have just sat on the dole  watching telly and eating chips.

All the people who spent the money installing solar panels WILL be impressed when the price they get drops to 8c a kw and they have to pay $250 fixed a year.

That fixed price is for the connection , the electricity is extra. :o

I was under the impression   "Can Do " froze electricty prices for 12 months  or was it only tarrif 11.

Yer oldie the price of a kw is to go down so he is keeping his promise. ::)

And before you guys say tut tut isn't that sad just remember that your state gov's aren't all that bright and this idea will probably look attractive to them.
Smart meters are the federal gov's answer to the problem.
Just think our grandfathers made the electricity system for the country's benefit , we used to own it and now we are slaves to it.
Brilliant turnaround that.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 08:22:04 pm by Mike52 »
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 11, 2012, 08:23:32 pm »
No Mike thats what the pollies would like . I say shout it from the roof and let every one know you are being ripped off again by a govenment that supports the weak and stupid but penalises anyone who stands up for themselfs .
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

Curly3

« Reply #438 on: November 11, 2012, 08:26:32 pm »
We are way over governed, too much of our hard earned goes straight into the public service trough.
Obviuosly we need a Federal Government, so who should we get rid of, Local or State?

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 11, 2012, 08:28:17 pm »
I am now looking at ww2 wood gas generators.
Stuff the enviroment. ;D
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

oldfart

« Reply #440 on: November 11, 2012, 08:31:36 pm »

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 11, 2012, 08:37:59 pm »
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/households-to-be-slugged-240-a-year-to-pay-for-solar-power-feed-in-tariff/story-e6freoof-1226511045375

And who owns Energex  ......  Qld  Government  and whos there Boss    "Can Do"

The last male labour leader here [ forgot his name ] privatized it.
I think the gov now just has shares in it.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 11, 2012, 09:09:45 pm »
I am now looking at ww2 wood gas generators.
Stuff the enviroment. ;D

Ha, I can do you a deal on one.
My old man made a 'Charcoal burner', reckons it was common during the 'war years'
I've seen it produce a flammable gas but we never got around to connecting it up to an engine.

I've been saving it for when fuel reaches $5.00 litre

G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Curly3

« Reply #443 on: November 11, 2012, 09:14:17 pm »
Now that needs a topic all it's own Geoff.
I have photo's somewhere of an old car in the late 40's with one of those on the back bumper that my dad & uncle used to drive.

Offline mudguard

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 11, 2012, 09:40:26 pm »
Deja vu with governments / local councils from a few years ago?? WATER TANKS. How many of us got on the band wagon for that product??
The authorities ranted about limiting water useage to sustain water levels in our dams and yes we were going through a big drought. Unfortunately we got so good at limiting water use, with the help of water tanks, that the authorities were loosing money at a fast rate of knots.
So hence the dramatic ongoing rise in water prices to the consumer.
Looks ominous with solar electricity. Electricity providers advised us about saving household electricity with many suggestions, which we got good at. They supply a product to help the environment and to save consumers money. Once again we got on the band wagon, limiting electricity useage and adding it back to the grid, and now the authorities realise they are loosing money again. Hence the dramatic rise in prices to the consumer.
Soon they will introduce a tax or cost for the air we breathe?? ???
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 11, 2012, 10:02:34 pm »
Now that needs a topic all it's own Geoff.
I have photo's somewhere of an old car in the late 40's with one of those on the back bumper that my dad & uncle used to drive.

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 11, 2012, 10:12:13 pm »
We are way over governed,too much of our hard earned goes straight into the public service trough.
Obviuosly we need a Federal Government, so who should we get rid of, Local or State?

No,not in my opinion.That would just give more power to Federal governments and we would be less represented.
A dangerous situation as history has already shown. I would prefer less governance at the federal level and more representation/control at the regional and local level,similar to the Swiss model. We should never have allowed our government(s) to over spend our money and then dictate to us ever increasing tax's and the selling off of the public utilities that we inherited from forefathers hardwork. Best I shut up at this point. >:(

Curly3

« Reply #447 on: November 11, 2012, 11:30:06 pm »
Hence, coal seam gas, carbon tax, we're still on topic.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 12, 2012, 09:00:33 am »
We are way over governed,too much of our hard earned goes straight into the public service trough.

No,not in my opinion.That would just give more power to Federal governments and we would be less represented.
A dangerous situation as history has already shown. I would prefer less governance at the federal level and more representation/control at the regional and local level,similar to the Swiss model. We should never have allowed our government(s) to over spend our money and then dictate to us ever increasing tax's and the selling off of the public utilities that we inherited from forefathers hardwork. Best I shut up at this point. >:(

I pretty much agree.
Part of me thinks that state governments are a waste of time, but then I look at the way we 'always' ensure we have a different party in state government (vs federal) - by design or accident, there's a form of safety net there.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.