Author Topic: A Rarer Opportunity, McGrath Bikes  (Read 1601 times)

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
A Rarer Opportunity, McGrath Bikes
« on: June 23, 2011, 05:44:33 AM »
I have been asked to post this up By Mark Firkin. (All the best on the op today btw).

Mark,

I am close friends with Brian O’Connor and he suggested I reach out to you with some bikes I have for sale.  He said you know many people in Australia and may know someone interested in the bikes.

1991 Pro Circuit “Peak’ team bike CR 125 fully restored with NOS or rebuilt parts.  It has original seat cover and tank un-touched.  Bike is race ready but only ridden down the street several times.   I do not have the bike history, but have confirmed it is a PC team bike with all the bits and pieces on it.

Not many of these are in the public hands.   This was first year of PC team.   I have over $8,000 in the bike but would take $6,500 for it.

1992 Pro Circuit “Peak” CR 250 raced by Jeremy McGrath in the east coast supercross races that year.  He was the defending champion and points leader on the 125 west coast.  But when the series moved to the east he stepped up and road 5 races in the 250 class.  This is the bike he road un restored just has he last raced it.  Two things have been changed the number backgrounds and rear tire.  Bike still has frame tag from Tampa tech inspection.  Skip confirmed that this is the bike he raced.  It is the only one in existence as they did not have any other 250’s.  You can go to YouTube and search for McGrath 1992 and see videos of him on this bike racing.  I have a set of plastics and new decals for the bike I would throw in with it. I paid over $8,000 for it but would take $6,500.

I can send more pictures of the bikes if someone is interested.  I hope you can help.

Thanks

Chris Morton

Contact Firko
firko@bigpond.net.au

« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 05:10:40 PM by Olmate »

Offline rustedstud

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: A Rarer Opportunity, McGrath Bikes
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 12:06:10 PM »
No wonder Jeremy was so good, ...his mother is Australian and he shares the same birthday as Jeff Leisk.