Author Topic: New scam  (Read 69236 times)

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: New scam
« Reply #195 on: October 25, 2013, 11:58:11 AM »
Firko, your youth has come back to haunt you, with so many 'prick' relatives around the world.  Just a pity you can't remember them all!!
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline paco

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 25, 2013, 12:28:40 PM »
I ran into a scam a little while ago.I was walking past a clothing store and there was a sign in the window which read." Armarni suits $100.I thought beauty an armarni for a $100 . When I went inside the sales man looked me up and down and said,"we only have two left as they have sold very fast". He hands me a suit to try on but of course it didn't fit.He then tells me the other suit is smaller and it wont fit either.He then directs me to other suits in the $500 to $750 dollar range. I was talking to a bloke down the pub who knows the shop and he tells me that they have been doing this for years,They look at you  and guess your size and give you one of the two suits that they know wont fit and then do the ,"old bait and switch.p
what ! Who me ? Nah

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 25, 2013, 01:11:41 PM »

Dear Friend,

RE: SECOND NOTIFICATION OF REQUEST.

I am a personal attorney to late Mrs. Claudia and I hereby once again write to notify you through this means as my earlier Email returned undelivered.

I wish to notify you that my late client Mrs. Claudia according to the contractual agreement made you the Heir/Inheritor to the deposit she had with Storage Company here in Madrid, Spain.

Before her untimely death, she deposited a sum of Eight Million US Dollars ($8,000.000.00) in a storage company.
Being a widely traveled woman and relative of yours, I believed that both of you must have been in contact with each other in the past and she simply decided to surprise you with inheritance of the deposit.

Mrs. Claudia until her death was a crude oil businesswoman, contractor, member of the Helicopter Society and the Institute of Electronic & Electrical Engineers. She was a very dedicated Religious person who has much passion for the less privileged. Her great philanthropy earned her numerous awards during her life time.

She died on the 2nd day of August 2010 at the age of 52 years. The storage company has issued me a notice as a witness and personal attorney to the deceased at the time of deposit to contact you as the Heir/Inheritor for immediate withdrawal. Otherwise, the deposit would be moved over to the government bonded warehouse as unclaimed or abandoned property.

All the legal documents that will back up the claim of deposit are with me hence I require your cooperation to procure and present the affidavit of claim / inheritor to the storage company in order gets the fund retrieved in your favor.

This is not in any way illegal; because as an Attorney, I have made all the enquiries on Spanish Property/Fund Inheritance Release and I found out that according to the Spanish Inheritance bye law, all we need do is to identify you as the person stipulated in the contractual agreement and deposit certificate as the Heir/Inheritor. Thereafter, the storage company will automatically release the fund to you. As an attorney to the deceased, I guarantee the successful execution of this transaction because of my relationship with late Mrs. Claudia.

In order to accelerate the processes, I will like you to quickly response back to enable me provide you with more details and relevant documents that will be needed from the storage company immediately and finally schedule a visit with you to the Storage Company.

Lastly, we shall agree on my own percentage upon your final claim and withdrawal of the deposit.

Yours in service.

Don D. Garcia 

How can you doubt the integrity of someone who was a member of the illustrious  Helicopter Society?
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 25, 2013, 01:48:10 PM »

"bye law"

be the only Helicopter Society they belong to
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 25, 2013, 03:17:18 PM »
Mrs. Claudia until her death was a crude oil businesswoman
As opposed to a polite oil businesswoman.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 20, 2013, 03:10:38 PM »
How flucking lucky am I? After a lifetime of waiting for an opportunity like this to come along,  the adorable Sophia wants to be my friend. I feel humbled and blessed.

Hello Dear,
I wish you best compliment of the day
My name is Sophia koroma, a good looking girl.
Well, I am sorry that I did not say much about myself because our profile cannot say everything about us. I have a special reason of contacting you so I would like you to respond to my email address there I can tell you everything about myself, and the reason I am contacting you and also send my pictures to you.
Yours Miss Sophia koroma, Write to me ok, E-mail sophia.koroma@yahoo.com

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 21, 2013, 09:40:56 AM »
And they keep on rolling in although I think this one might be the real deal. I once had an apprentice named Rick Cross who went on to become some sort of mover and shaker so......

New Federal Secretariat Complex,
Shehu Shagari Way, Central Area
Abuja Nigeria.

I hereby send to you the information submitted by Mr. Richard Robert  Cross U.S.A of Florida group Ltd, with an application to receive your payment on your behalf. Please as a matter of urgency, you are required to verify the following information and inform us if you are aware or know anything about this. This morning Mr. Richard Robert  Cross came to the office claiming that you have instructed him to come and receive the payment on your behalf with some representatives.I have ask them to come back tomorrow as they did not provide any power of an attorney from you which will proof that you truly send them, This was to enable me contact you to verify how genuine this people are to you.
1. Did you instruct one Mr. Richard Robert  Cross of USA Florida group Ltd. whose information's is below, to claim and receive the payment on your behalf? 2. Did you sign any 'Deed of agreement' in his favor thereby making him the current beneficiary with the following account details:

Account Name: Richard R.Cross Group Ltd,
A/C #USD114-1025567-8,
Bank Name: Standard Chattered Bank
Florida Swift Code:SCBL 11K111.
Finally, you are hereby advised to indicate to this honorable office with immediate effect, if you are the person that instructed Mr. Richard Robert  Cross to come for the claim of your fund worth of $5,000.000.00 (Five Million United States Dollars), to enable us endorse for the final payment approval order on his behalf.You should send your reply asap

Note You can also email me via alhajiobyissah3@walla.com
Best Regards.

Alhaji Oby Issah 

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 27, 2013, 02:48:03 PM »

F#%*ing PAYPAL.
                  On 20th Nov 2013 I purchased a electronic ignition from the UK for 195 pound and paid for it using paypal, on the 21st the money came out of the bank account that I set up for ebay purchases.  On the 22nd paypal tried to withdraw the money from the account for a second time but failed because I only keep enough money in it to cover the things I buy.
  They (paypal) told me that because the money for some reason hadn't been claimed straight away and had  remained in my account they had used a portion of that (195 pounds) to fund another of my purchases  ($4.40 for some screws) and that had left insufficient funds to cover the ignition. ( think that sounds like bullshit )    This is why they decided to withdraw the full amount again and the balance of the first withdrawl could then stay in my paypal for me to use or I could transfer it back into my bank.
  The bank has now charged me a dishonour fee of $17.50. When I contacted paypal about this ripoff they couldn't see what the fuss was all about. I still have my money and the bastard I talked to couldn't see why they should be responsable for the $17.50 the bank charged me.  She told me that a supervisor would have a look at it and get back to me.
   Still waiting
                     Zane
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 30, 2014, 02:47:53 PM »

Sound legit  8)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/321310769302?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

1974 XB GT Falcon Coupe
Buy it now price : AU $10.000. No more no less.

Burnt orange/walnut glo with original black trim XB GT coupe. All matching numbers 351 Cleveland, FMX auto and 9" in top condition. Working factory A/C, P/S, tinted windows and radio/cassette player. Stainless exhaust. Running 8x15 front and 10x15 rear Globes. Plates included.
Terms of Sale:
Price:
You can "buy it now" for AU$10,000 and all you will have to do is to e-mail me!

Bidding:
Please contact me before making any bids to make things clear.If I'm not contacted before the bid is made I reserve the right to cancel your bid.

Please do not contact me by eBay system because your email will go in my work email and I won't be able to access that email until next week.

You can contact me to joanne18881@gmail.com

And we have 2 bidders !!  ;D

Buying kdx air cooled drum brake unitrak bikes and parts

Offline kenny5000

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 30, 2014, 03:07:39 PM »
20 sec encumbrance check on Vic-roads website give a different VIN!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 30, 2014, 04:21:30 PM »
Here's one that actually got me scratching my head... My current best guess is that it's a novice scammer who I caught off guard but wanted the "practice" anyhow?

I advertised three car bits on Gumtree & a car forum (the dreaded Ausrotary). Had $120 on the lot.
Then I get a PM that screamed "scammer", especially as it was from an overseas number:
"Hi Dear,  I am intrusted in bootlid & filler flap. Please give me the prices."

I was bored, so I replied:
"$150".

Surprisingly, this came back:
"Deat Your price is 120$/lot on ausrotary. Kindly give me reasonable price.Thanks".

Hmmm... I was still more than a bit sceptical, but he'd made me wonder if he was legit, so I replied:
"Oh, I thought you were an overseas scammer... Sorry!

$90 if there's no mucking around."

The reply:
"Dear I don't understand.My uncle is in austraila he pay payment & collect items."

Ah... So either a scammer or a moron. Probably both.

"No problem. $90 for those two items."

"Kindly negociate the price."

Even allowing for E2L things and stupidity, this guy really must be dumb.

"I've already said $90, twice."

"Ok Thanks my uncle will contact you soon."

And that's where it ended.
I guess the reason I mention it is that they are clearly targeting forums (not just epay/gumtree), and this old mate had the smarts to avoid the generic wording about "the items".
Either that, or there are more really stupid people out there than I realised...

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 30, 2014, 05:22:56 PM »

And its gone..... :'(
Buying kdx air cooled drum brake unitrak bikes and parts

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 17, 2014, 10:36:46 PM »
Thank you and god bless you Stephanie. I'll make sure the money is kept away from the wicked people.......trust me.
Dearest one,

Greetings. I know it will be a great surprise to you reading from me today but consider this a divine intervention as my pastor explained to my understanding. My Name is Mrs. Stephanie Smith , I am 68 Years old and lived in New York City United States of America. I want to entrust a Huge amount of money with you but first will want you to know reasons for my action. We had  Joint business with my Late Husband who Died in November 5th 2007 in an Auto Car accident along side our only  Son while they where traveling to meet me on my birthday. I will never forget that day as i felt the world has come to an end but my Christian Faith with the Help of my Pastor i was able to live again.

As a good business inclined woman, i managed my husbands investments until my present Medical Condition developed.  Last year i experience restlessness and sleepless nights so my Doctor sent me on a general Medical Check up which i was finally diagnosed to cancer. Since i was not able to manage my multiple Investments anymore, my late husbands brother wanted me dead so that he will inherit all my wealth i suffered to build against my will.  As a Christian i rather donate my money to the less privilege, orphanage homes and the Church than allow wicked people to take all when i die.  I  realized the total of US$4,800.000.00 (Four  million eight hundred thousand united states dollars) which i want to use for  the less privileged. The Doctors says that i will die soon as my health is now critical, i cannot travel now or utilize the money so i will like you to help me use it to change the lives of the less privileged in the society.

I am writing this letter to you because my inner most spirit reveled to me that you can help, use my money for the work of Humanity and to assist the less privileged in the society, motherless baby homes/orphanages, Widows. I know that my story will sadden your heart but my new found life has made me understand that even if we die in this physical flesh, What matters is life after death. let me have your word to use the money wisely and can still help me to distribute money to nearest orphanages homes as i grew up in an orphanage home too. I will let you have more information on how to Claim the funds as soon  as i have your word and promise not to betray my trust. I await your response as soon as possible.

May you be blessed, as you reach me at my private email ( stephanie-s@02.pl ).

Best Regards
Mrs. Stephanie Smith

« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 10:39:18 PM by firko »

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #208 on: February 17, 2014, 10:43:01 PM »

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, February 16, 2014 8:18 AM
Subject: Your Account Has Been Limited PayPal Case ID PP-658-119-347

PayPal

Secure Transaction                                                                             Identity Issue PP-658-119-347

Please complete the attached form to verify your Profile information and restore your account access.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Personal Information Profile

Make sure you enter the information accurately, and according to the formats required.
Fill in all the required fields.

Dear customer ,

As part of our efforts to provide a safe and secure environment for the online community, we regularly screen account
activity. Our review of your account has identified an issue regarding its safe use. We have placed a restriction on your
account as a precaution.

To lift the restriction we will require some further information from you.

If, once we review your further information and we're confident that the use of your account does not present a safety risk
to our service and customers, we'll be happy to reinstate your account.

We have sent you an attachment which contains all the necessary steps in order to restore your account access. Download
and open it in your browser. After we have gathered the necessary information, you will regain full access to your account.

We thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Very sincerely,
PayPal Review Department

work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #209 on: February 17, 2014, 10:44:16 PM »
not sure about this as i don't have a paypal account??, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!