Author Topic: Remember when this is how it used to be…?  (Read 20099 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Remember when this is how it used to be…?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 06:58:04 PM »
2007 and eleven pages and still we are here going over the same topic  :P and the starting of negative threads that can cause the demise and dislike of others.....forums can be a very transit place -people come and people go  8)
 http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=918.0
Lets nurture it for all the new member on here.....when was the last time you clicked on over to the intro page and perhaps see someone you may know from "back in the day" or just welcomed them from your own state/town.
CD8 is a fantastic show case event,but its not the only fantastic VMX event in Oz
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 07:26:15 PM »
Now boys feel the love. Most of us are good ol boys not keepers or clowns
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 07:28:03 PM by bazza »
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Curly3

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 07:39:58 PM »
I'll admit I've never ridden MX, I rode Speedway until injury intervened and then Dirt Track for a few years.
I still wouldn't dream of going over a jump because of lack of strength from those injuries but I think I can still comment.
JEEEEEEZUS guy's, there are DH's in every walk of life, deal with the ones you want to and avoid the ones you don't.
I don't know Dave from a bar of soap and have had no dealings with him so, no comment.
Brad has always seemed to be positive and encourageing on here and is a positive for the Sport.
People should be made aware of any SHONK's amongst us and I don't mean Dave.
There have been a few high profile defections from the forum just recently and that's normal.
If you stay in one place long enough, you'll eventually meet someone that pisses you off.
Don't ask.

mainline

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 07:51:05 PM »
If I had been at CD8 Marc I know I would have been smiling because the worse day VMXing is still better than the best day at work. My jacket pockets, pants pockets would have been full of cans of beer and I would have been partying next to a bunch of great blokes I have met there every year. Smiles..... I would have had one and it would have started the moment I got there and would still be on my face now because I would be remembering the fun times I would have had.... but thats just me... LONG LIVE THE BAND and THE BIKES OF CLASSIC DIRT 

The blokes that you meet there every year missed "fully loaded man" this year  ;D ;D ;D  We had to carry our own beer  :o :o

At least we didn't have to worry about him trying to find us st some ungodly hour cause he'd run out of drinking partners ;D

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2011, 08:35:37 PM »
I think there's two main issues:

1. Everyone seems to be more agro in life. Apparently borrowed money does buy happiness...

2. Forums don’t grow old gracefully. They all have their own reasons for losing their spark but it seems inevitable.
 In the case of OZVMX, I think that the... stronger personalities have tended to drown out a lot of others, and a lot of the forum ends up polarised around the strong personalities' points of difference.

Hey, I know that I'm a stubborn, argumentative prick who has contributed more than his fair share of "robust debate" - but since realising this, I've tried to tone it down and focus on the positives.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2011, 09:26:44 PM »
Mainline, you need to talk to a certain Tony B about the "looking for someone to drink with"  ;D I may have said to Tony that a visit might be in order and he readily agreed, in fact I think he may have even told me that if I didnt go and visit I would be letting the yamaha team down, and I couldnt do that   ;)   ;D 

Nathan S, debating the point is all good and the stronger the point to make the better it is. It shows passion and I have always thought that VMX is built on passion. If we, (all of us) agree to disagree at times after "Robust Debate" then isnt the sport all the better for it?

YZ250H   I hope I havent dropped you in it  :D

Now, tell me when you Yamaha boys are coming over to have a beer and a ride on a few bikes over here? Now back to the good old days of arguing about the best bikes and the worst roost to eat.  ;D
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2011, 09:43:12 PM »
I've been a bit missing for a while ,just been busy and low on cash but once i sort a few things out  i will get back on my bikes again and catch up for a beer and ride . Hope to have a beer with Fully Loaded man and all the crew at CD 9 . The forums important to all of us so stop bitching and go to a happy place . Hilly
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

TM BILL

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2011, 10:12:41 PM »
Yeah wev'e turned a corner Hillys back  ;D

TM BILL

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2011, 10:15:32 PM »

Hey, I know that I'm a stubborn, argumentative prick who has contributed more than his fair share of "robust debate"

Could'nt say I've noticed  :-*

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2011, 10:52:00 PM »
Two blokes constantly having a "my dick's bigger than yours contest".

From what I heard most of our dicks are bigger than yours  ;D ;D  Anyways I seem to remember snobby prima donnas as pretty much as much a part of MX in the 80s as they certainly are now.
formerly Marc.com

Offline Gippslander

• A-Grade
  • Google "Ancient Greek Sculpture for Kids" 2C more
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2011, 11:17:38 PM »
I've only been here a short time (no jokes please) and every time I've asked for tech help the response has been great, and has on every occassion helped me sort the problem, and when I needed help at those firrst VCM rides the genuine assistance was reassuring, from where I stand VMX'ers are good people.

And in the 37 years since I first rode in a scramble to my recent "rebirth" I was often in workplaces where the bullying led to broken men and trashed lives and in reflection I can see it mostly only hurt those who "got invloved",  so it's interesting to see that when there is a bit of banter and flashing poison pens (keyboards) there are those who get sucked in because they are offended or they try to put the other person right (reminds me of that great joke, the fellow is on the net late at night and his wife sais, come to bed honey, and he sais, I can't come to bed just now because there is someone here on the internet who is wrong).

Here you are experiencing a communication freedom that has never been available before, this is a new experience for us humans, but generally were are not yet sorted on how to get the best and shun the worst; it seems to me that when were really old we will on reflection see that those who got offended on the net were those who got involved and that it really is not all that different to what I saw in the workplace.

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2011, 12:55:13 AM »
i'm with Tmbill,hillys back, 8),just coz your bikes are in the corner don't mean you have to dropout mate, a reassuring dig every now & again,just to let us all know your'e still heres the go Hilly ;),like the saying goes,you can't pick family,but you can certainly pick your friends,we are all part of one circle,spokes in the life wheel,some loose,some tight,attached at the rim,so suck it up,both positives,& negatives,it's why we're here (forumwise ;D),geezz too much caffeine,back to the shed, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2011, 06:23:45 AM »
I was often in workplaces where the bullying led to broken men and trashed lives and in reflection I can see it mostly only hurt those who "got invloved", 

I don't know man, at least in the Aussie work place you can see the shit coming, they are usually not the least bit subtle. Its the Aussie way to wind people up if they see a weak point.

In my workplace the guy smiling and shaking your hand and acting like your best friend is probably doing a 'job on you'... in my experience the corporate hyenas play much rougher.
formerly Marc.com

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2011, 08:30:47 AM »
Since the snobs and the 'prima-donas' took over I reckon'.
I doubt if many people that raced motocross in the 70's and 80's could relate to most of the crap talked about on here now. Two blokes constantly having a "my dick's bigger than yours contest". Pages and pages of some obscure, probably illegal (unless you're one of the boys) bikes that have fark all meaning to the general populace, etc, etc and so on....

This is exactly why we are having problems here. Whenever the red typeface chimes in, it's never going to end well.  ::)

I still lurk around this forum from time to time, but I agree with VMX42, this place has gone downhill bigtime and is a chore to keep track of.  ???

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2011, 09:04:42 AM »
Changing font colours normal means attention whore or I have a tiny dick so pay me attention.
It can be used to high light certain important bits of text but when used all the time IMO it says my dick is tiny.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle