Author Topic: Queensland  (Read 61729 times)

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Queensland
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2012, 09:36:10 PM »
me and my boys will there in the morning,  OPENING TIMES 8:00am to 4:00pm
My fastest lap is the first one :)

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2012, 10:15:07 PM »
a friend of mine went there and said it was not maintained and full of holes
he said he would rather go to kenilworth :o
follow me to first turn

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2012, 10:27:30 PM »
Its not glass smooth, but ive ridden on way worse. moto track 2 would suit evo and older bikes if you just go down one side of the double tabletops.There are some loose bulldust in some corners, but it doesnt cause any problems, there is a tricky off camber uphill section but older bikes have no fear...give it a go ;)

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2012, 10:49:43 PM »
a friend of mine went there and said it was not maintained and full of holes
he said he would rather go to kenilworth :o
The only way we'll find out is by going there soon...

Offline gra1961

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2012, 10:14:30 AM »
where is the track at kenilworth?

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2012, 11:18:41 AM »
where is the track at kenilworth?
It's in Pullen lane.

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2012, 07:56:17 PM »
the new place at wyaralong hasn't been maintained properly as its only just opened and had no maintenance since.but it is now closed on wed and thur for maintenance so things should improve.cheers

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2012, 08:47:55 PM »
We had a great time there today. Track is bumpy and has holes in it but for the price and location its great. it was prepped a little since last time we where there but it is a motto park for dirt bikes more time riding suits us.  They spend plenty of time watering the tracks to keep the dust down which is good.  The bush tracks are very dusty but we had a little rain out there today which will help out the riders tomorrow.  I have paid a lot more to ride on motto cross tracks in worse condition than this and got a lot less ride time.   A least here you can ride from when the gate opens till it closes.  ;D
My fastest lap is the first one :)

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2012, 08:22:17 AM »
Best thing you can do is support this new facility by going as often as you can and looking past any faults you might find . This is a real test as the government has thrown alot of money at it and if this flops, it's all over red rover I say. If this one goes well enough, they are saying that they would consider doing the same on the north side of Brisbane as well. That's got to be a big positive. So how about everyone being positive about the best thing that's happened to qld mx in a long time. I took out a pre65 bike and a pre 75 bike on two different occasions and Kevin Mortimer who is helping to run the show is very vintage sympathetic and let me have a ride on the junior track as it is smooth enough for the old girls.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2012, 10:24:05 AM »
Bugger Off Cloogy-they should get it right. Both Ray and Kevin have had enough experience over more than enough years to get the tracks right and to look after them properly.
I do agree that we should all back this to the hilt or they (qld govt) will pack up and go home but we can't let things go the way they always have with poorly designed and maintain circuits.
I have not been there yet but will be going as soon as the Wasp is back together and I would hope to have somewhere "natural" to ride the old girl.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2012, 02:38:52 PM »
I'm at wyaralong now, track 2 is not too bad, it's rough and built for modern bikes. Don't expect to come out here on a vmx bike and have fun. The trails look dry and dusty but that's to be expected.
I'll come back here for sure

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2012, 09:25:49 PM »
Been out there today, moto 1 closed (workin on sprinkler system)...Moto 2 gettin quite rough now. Hope it rains tonight, im goin again tomorrow :D

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2012, 11:42:59 AM »
Impressive stats  :P  :P from fullnoise article

Australia's newest trail bike park, the Queensland Moto Park at Wyaralong in South East Queensland is expecting the highest number of riders ever to converge on the park for the Easter School holidays since opening in December 2011 which has so far seen 8,575 riders in the first 3 months of operation.

Queensland Moto Park (QMP) will be open every day of the Easter School holidays which will include all public holidays, mirroring the Christmas holiday period which proved more successful than predicted with over 1000 riders per week of the holiday period. So successful were the Christmas holidays that on the fourth day of operation the QMP staff were overwhelmed with a single day usage of 322 riders.

Queensland Moto Park's Manager, Ray Buchanan says that the QMP staff expect an even busier Easter holiday period now that the wider trail riding community knows about the Moto Park.

"If the Christmas holidays are any indication, the Easter break will be just as impressive if not better. Last Sunday (1/4/2012) we broke our record with 363 riders arrive at QMP and we now have a limit of 350 riders per day" Buchanan said.

QMP developed an online booking system to improve queuing times for riders signing in and also to assist the Moto Park's staffing for the high volume of riders on weekends and holidays. With expectations of up to 350 riders per day over Easter, it is even more important to book online to guarantee a ride on the day a rider chooses.

Queensland Moto Park is also in a position to continue job growth of the local community, requiring support riders and casual employees during the busy Easter period. With over 40 kilometres of Enduro Trails, QMP requires riders with MA licences or Officials with a minimum Practice Supervisor accreditation to help with managing the high rider numbers on the trails.

The Queensland Moto Park at Wyaralong is continuing to be developed as a joint initiative between the Queensland Government, Council of Mayors (SEQ) and Motorcycling Queensland.

For more information regarding the new Queensland Moto Park, please visit: www.qldmotopark.com.au
Best is in the West !!

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2012, 01:49:52 PM »
It sounds like this week-end will be the big test.
Let's all hope that all goes well and we will still have a park after Easter.
Let's also hope not too many NONGS will turn up and bugger everything for the rest of us.
Will prolly take a drive down over the week-end to take a look.

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2012, 03:28:50 PM »
Has anybody got a cane farm on the sunshine coast that we can practice dirt track on? There must be someone, as there is lots of unused cane farm land.

Cheers,
Steve
Bultaco M106 Astro
Wanted: Dirt track bikes / parts / info