Author Topic: Queensland  (Read 61425 times)

richie0209

Re: Queensland
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2011, 07:20:07 PM »
Yeah sweet mate. Im just looking to buy a trailer at the moment to transport my bike around and once thats sorted Il be good to go.

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 07:29:08 AM »
rtcb ride on again sunday,about 5k's up mundoolan connection rd from beenleigh beaudesert rd at tambourine.junior loop, senior loop and i think a pee wee track.its a great day gates open at 7.00 riding starts at 8.00 tracks close at 3.30.cheers

Offline mudguard

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2012, 10:20:31 PM »
Went to the new moto x park at Wyarralong ( near Boonah ) yesterday, and not that impressed with the place. The park officially opened to the public on 18/12/2011 and is already showing signs of laking track maintenance. They do overwater the tracks several times a day, which makes the rough areas even more challenging.
There are 2 good sized mx tracks that are more suited for pre 85 to modern bikes.
They have large enduro loops but would not allow mx bikes to ride the trails?
Very basic canteen supplies. There are ample toilets and large camping areas.
So for a 230km round trip from Brisbane taking, 3 hours 10 minutes out of your day, for a discounted entry fee $35( if you have a M.A. Licence and live in 1 of 5 contributing councils ) on tracks not realy suited for a vintage mx bike, made for a day of mixed feelings for the place.
The property is owned by the Queensland Government, run by M.A. and funded by 5 S.E.Qld Councils
 ( $74000 contributed by Redland City Council, possibly same from other 4 councils ) one would expect it to be state of the art. Maybe if they had a natural terrain vintage friendly track I might give it another go, or maybe I should just get a modern then enjoy what it is there for.
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2012, 08:43:47 AM »
Hey, Im taking my son out there tomorrow for a ride on his YZ80. Do they let everyone out on the track together? I'd hate for him to get flattened by A bigger bike, or be the cause of someone else getting injured...He only ridden the bike about 4 times.

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2012, 09:02:56 AM »
They have a peewee track and a junior track just for the kids. They also let the juniors have a session on one of the main tracks by themselves. Being M.A run they are strict so no shenanigans.
I asked nicely and waited till the juniors hopped off there track and took my '74 around that track. Not fantastic but got a ride in. You need to take an evo bike or later as its to rough/ modern for the real old girls.
You got to start somewhere and they are catering for moderns. I personally don't like either track but I will go back as its close and not too many other places to go.

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2012, 08:04:49 PM »
i have been there a few times now, i love it as i take my rmz 450 and the boys rmz250 to ride.  the track needs a lot of clean up time as they say this will happen around the 24/01/2012 and then  closed on tuesday and wensday each week for track prep. good for the kids as well.  see's you's out there... ;D
My fastest lap is the first one :)

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 12:24:38 AM »
Will be there tomorrow...Pre 90 should be o.k, just the rider that will struggle :D

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2012, 12:42:13 AM »
Great venue! Moto track #2 my favorite, # 1 A bit more supercrossy (I hate whoop de chews!) Heaps of bikes there, wil probably go again friday...Go check it out

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2012, 10:20:45 AM »
We'll take the outfit down-that'll shake 'em up. :D

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2012, 11:27:37 AM »
Are you trying to get in the Guinness Book of Records for the most number of tracks that a shopping trolley has been pushed around Vaughn? ;D....youd at least think about waiting for the cooler months to do that wouldnt you at your age?
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2012, 11:39:18 AM »
Gotta run the Xmas fat off some how Joan me boy.

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2012, 03:51:47 PM »
what time do they open Vaughan?
if it's after 10am you'll be right mate ;)
any earlier, and....?????????? :D
"flat bickie"

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2012, 04:45:58 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline lama

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2012, 05:16:18 PM »
so whats gunna happen for the pre 75 champs,are they going to build a track just for that might have to take the wasp for a recky vaughn chances are they have never seen a sidecar chair and won/t let us on ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2012, 08:34:00 PM »
We'll have to sneak down in the dark mate-get soem laps in and then head out quick-at least that way we will beat the water truck and probably leave the track flatter than when we got there :D :D :D