Author Topic: Suzuki Classic Dirt 8 Pre-Event Rider Registration is Mandatory  (Read 6204 times)

Offline pmcburney

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Suzuki Classic Dirt 8 Pre-Event Rider Registration is Mandatory
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 01:07:44 PM »
Registered Riders are on a list and they will be checked off at Riding Sign on.  ;)

Naturally, proof of identity will be required.  ::)

Excellent.

I won't have any dramas - no one as ugly as me would be as game as I am to have their pic put on a license...

Offline DR500

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 01:11:24 PM »
If you have Bin Laden on the list you can cross him off. Don't think he can make it!!!
 ???

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 01:22:29 PM »
Hmmm... The pre-registration is a great idea and will allow you guys to manage the whole thing more effectively.

But - knowing how notoriously hard it is to get riders to enter race meetings by the closing date, it astounds me that one month out you have nearly filled the quota. Either you've been VERY effective in getting the message out, OR there are a shitload of people keen to ride as the event gets bigger and bigger. You may find that just managing people who didn't know about the pre-registration ends up being a big time drain in any case!

Either way, my name is on the list so all's right with the world...

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2011, 01:40:47 PM »
Well Graeme, we certainly appreciate the ability to keep reminding people here on the forum!  ;) 

By being able to keep poking everyone in the ribs, we have been pretty successful in getting the registrations happening.   ;D

Having said that, I guess the reality is that there will probably still be SOME people in the dark with regards to the pre-registration requirement, but to be honest, you really would need to almost be deliberately in denial to not know and register, even if hearing about the requirement was through mates chatting at a race event or pub.

For those people, the decision not to be aware and register will end in tears.  For the other 600, it will mean they will feel good about being organised!

Of course, I must again stress - If you are a mate to someone who you know doesn't read the forum, is planning to come to CD8 and is likely to be so disfunctional that they won't know about pre-registering, then it's your responsibility as their mate to let them know!   

If they ignore your warning and say; "I'll be right", then let them come and be disappointed.  ::)

Doggy Digger

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2011, 02:06:53 PM »
You should see the variety of creamy cakes in Maleny bakery!  I aim to be sat out front with
one - plus a big mug of coffee - at 8 a.m. Friday.  Watching the convoy rolling through town.

Don't forget your beanies for the cold starts to the days    :-)

And, as they said in Woodstock:  "No rain - no rain - no rain"

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2011, 02:34:18 PM »
Pre register is OK with me, Thinking aloud it also no doubt helps cash flow for the VMX guys as there been payed months before the event. ;D
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 03:00:49 PM »
Doggy, that was one of my favourite bits last year - just sitting in the main street watching the procession. How fun is that?

"Wow, check out the ossa on that trailer"
"What the, 15 bikes on ONE trailer?"
"Fork me - that guy's towing a Jayco BaseStation!"
"How many KX500s did they actually sell???"

And so on.

I'm easily amused...

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2011, 04:04:05 PM »
doggy digger leave some of those Melany crame cakes for us Unzud boys they are part of our pilgramage each year....lol
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2011, 04:37:00 PM »
Bazza,

I'd suggest you check with the UnZud Boys and make sure that they are all registered by now...  it's a long way to come and miss out, if you want to ride...  ;)

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2011, 07:35:55 PM »
since i won't make the event ( bugger, fork, &%$#)  >:( i plan to "scalp off" my pre rider entry to the highest bidder on Ebay a week before the event.

this should net me enough money to buy every CR480/500 from 1982 - 1989 ( with pro-circuit pipes and WP suspension) 50 acres of prime Gippsland riding area with undulating hills complete with shitloads of loam berms, shallow jumps and fast flowing corners and a blonde with Big tits to clean all my airfilters.   :D
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

ted

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2011, 08:01:41 PM »
Just like Brynne Edelsten

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2011, 08:06:20 PM »
well Hoony - that accounts for $7.50!!!!!!!  :D
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2011, 08:11:46 PM »
hoony all the blonds will be at c/d
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2011, 05:48:00 PM »
Another update!

Rider registrations for the past few days have been "brisk", so thanks to everyone for spreading the word to your mates.  ;D

Right now we are over 545 riders registered and about to enter the last 50 places for riding at Classic Dirt...   :o

SO DON'T LEAVE IT ANY LONGER IF YOU WANT TO RIDE AND HAVEN'T REGISTERED YET!

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2011, 05:29:21 PM »
Probably sounding like a scratched record now (at least you blokes should understand what that is  ;D)...  but time is VERY rapidly running out to register to ride at Suzuki Classic Dirt 8.

Rider Registrations currently sit at 560.  That means only 40 more happy punters before we close riding registrations.  :o

If you know someone (anyone) who is planning to come to CD8 and is intending to ride, make sure they know that they have to pre-register to ride at the event.  Otherwise they WILL be disappointed.