Author Topic: Suzuki Classic Dirt 8 Pre-Event Rider Registration is Mandatory  (Read 6205 times)

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
Hi everyone.

Time has now come to remind everyone about the requirement for pre-registration to ride at Suzuki Classic Dirt 8.

As indicated in our promos in VMX Magazine, due to the limitations of the tracks at Conondale, we are limiting the number of riders who will be allowed to ride at CD8 to 600 people.  This is to ensure that the tracks don't get too overcrowded and that CD8 remains a fun event to participate in.

Of course, there is NO limitation on the number of people who can come to the event to bring their bikes to show off and just be a part of the largest Vintage Dirt Bike event in the southern Hemisphere.  The limitation is ONLY on riding participants.

We are now only just over 6 weeks out from the event and rider registrations are starting to fill up (we now have over 450 riders registered). I'd hate to see anyone miss out that really wants to have a ride, so NOW is the time to register to ride at the VMX Magazine web site or by mail.  Here's a link:  http://www.vmxmag.com.au/14_vmx_classic_dirt

By the way, don't even think about trying to turn up and register on the day - It's not gonna happen!

And by the way if you are in doubt whether you can actually make it or not, it's better to register anyway.  We will refund registration fees (after the event) for those that can't make it for a legitimate reason.

Note:  The current list of registered riders will be posted on the VMX Magazine web site in the next few days. If you think you have registered and you're not on the list you will need to email me at alistair@vmxmag.com.au

So there you have it.  Register NOW if you haven't already.  Don't say you haven't been warned!  :o
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 07:56:25 AM by AjayVMX »

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
Re: Suzuki Classic Dirt 8 Pre-Event Rider Registration is Mandatory
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 09:06:40 PM »
Just another reminder about pre-registering to ride at CD8...  ;)

Riding spots are limited and are filling up fast now, with nearly 500 riders registered out of a possible 600. 

25 riders have registered since I put this post up on the forum a week ago.  :o

So don't procrastinate any longer if you want to ride at CD8!   ::) 

You may miss out if you delay any longer... :'(

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 01:18:17 PM »
OK, we're over 500 riders now.  ;D

Another Reminder!

I cannot stress how important it is that EVERYONE understand that you will not be able to turn up at Suzuki Classic Dirt 8 and expect to ride, if you have not already pre-registered to ride.

"I'll be OK, they'll let me ride anyway" is NOT an option here.

PLEASE tell all your friends who are intending to come to CD8 that they MUST pre-register to ride before turning up at the event, if they want to ride at the event. 

We really don't want anyone to turn up and be told they cannot ride...  even though we are doing our best to make sure that everyone is informed about this requirement, we are sure that some people will try it on.  They WILL end up being disappointed.  :o

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

ted

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 07:30:13 PM »
You and me are in fella...Come see me @ CD 8 and you can do a couple of laps on the un-sellable 5 hungy

« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 07:45:37 PM by ted »

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 07:48:22 PM »
i would love to swap rides with you Ted, i love that bike of yours. sadely though i won't make it to CD8 now :'(
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1986 Honda CR250RG

ted

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 08:10:46 PM »
Well Hoony if i ever sell this property of mine i will have to come to Vic and let you and Hilly ride it into the ground

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 08:30:10 PM »
That's NICE Ted....  ;)

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 09:01:55 PM »
Well Hoony if i ever sell this property of mine i will have to come to Vic and let you and Hilly ride it into the ground

Your on mate, Hilly and i await your call  ;)
1986 Honda CR250RG

mainline

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 11:14:31 AM »
I hope you guys have tasers ready for the cd8 sign on area. I spoke to two guys at the bmcc meet yesterday who hadn't read the entry details in the mag and who don't look at the forum. They had no idea about the pre-entry requirement.

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 11:17:39 AM »
I hope you guys have tasers ready for the cd8 sign on area. I spoke to two guys at the bmcc meet yesterday who hadn't read the entry details in the mag and who don't look at the forum. They had no idea about the pre-entry requirement.

No doubt you told them about the requirements then?  ;D

mainline

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 11:27:23 AM »
Oh yeah, told them to go straight home and sign up. Maybe you could set up a grandstand near the admin area:-D

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 11:41:48 AM »
Well, all I can say is that they are pretty silly if they don't bother to read the information we provide about the event, if they actually do read the magazine...  :o

And by the way, the registrations HAVE increased in frequency in the last day or so (thanks Mainline!) so I would once again remind people NOT to wait any longer... we are well past 500 registrations now, with a limit of 600 ::)

Offline pmcburney

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 12:22:35 PM »
Quick (possibly stupid) question/s...

I registered ages ago, not long after the online sign-on went up.

When I show up on the day, what proof of entry will I require?
I assume you chaps will have a list of names to check off?

Ta
Paul

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2011, 12:55:37 PM »
Registered Riders are on a list and they will be checked off at Riding Sign on.  ;)

Naturally, proof of identity will be required.  ::)