Author Topic: YZ versus OW  (Read 5649 times)

TM BILL

Re: YZ versus OW
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 05:34:22 PM »
DJ here, Yes the bike is for sale and if you need to know what was done to it read this
 http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=927.0
John, that tanks looks bloody great mate. I cant wait to get into my next projects. I'll have to toss the dice to see which one I start first but I have the choice of either a YZ125A YZ250A or a YZ250H.  All favourite bike's so its going to be a hard choice.
But first I need to catch a Snapper and a Kingfish or two on mine and Karen's holiday up in Doubtless Bay at the end of the month.
Catching fish is like VMXing on Suzuki's, once your've got it all you want to do is get rid of it before it starts to sink the place up.
 ;D   ;)   ;D

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2011, 10:24:26 PM »
to see which one I start first but I have the choice of either a YZ125A YZ250A or a YZ250H.  All favourite bike's so its going to be a hard choice.

Start on the 125, that saves you dropping too much into the 250A before you sell it me  ;D ;D
formerly Marc.com

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 10:46:12 PM »
Too late Marc san, I've already given him the ultimatum if its not going for the big bash at Easter (he said I could ride it)it will be coming back to Aussie with me to keep my one company......looking good for 2 in the shed ;D ;D ;D....besides, I've seen what you have done to Yamaha's ::)...are you going to be there at easter?...we can have a sumo display ;D....no skinny pricks allowed ;)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2011, 12:14:42 AM »
Too late Marc san, I've already given him the ultimatum if its not going for the big bash at Easter (he said I could ride it)it will be coming back to Aussie with me to keep my one company......looking good for 2 in the shed ;D ;D ;D....besides, I've seen what you have done to Yamaha's ::)...are you going to be there at easter?...we can have a sumo display ;D....no skinny pricks allowed ;)

I am back the end of April, and 2 in the shed is just being greedy, but you are right I would probably just convert the 250A to a monoshock or something. I am just waiting for Bill to run out of cash to swoop but he always has little under the mattress for the odd KDX200 that pops up/
formerly Marc.com

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2011, 04:57:36 PM »
works 125yz 74 model

74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

TM BILL

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2011, 05:13:30 PM »
I think you would have to agree DJs bike is a bloody good tribute to that bike  ;D ( i would say replica but i can hear the anoraks now finding 50 + things that are not correct  ::))

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2011, 06:21:48 PM »
It is now the tanks painted (and repaired) correctly....that bike is what the the tank I have is off.

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 08:45:10 PM »
Before photos of DJ's tank.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2011, 10:10:22 PM »
And that is what was under the paint and 4 kg's of bog.....home handyman shit.... argh, the dangers of the 4 inch angle grinder....even the filler neck was damaged by whatever they used to try and pry the dents out, they had cut a hole underneath aswell to put a punch up the inside for more "handywork"....guess what...doesnt work. The pictures dont show how bad the tank really was.

TM BILL

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2011, 07:11:02 AM »
4kgs is a lot  ??? thats almost 9 llbs Davey 4.5 bags of sugar or a bigger than average baby  ::) that tank is barley the size of a baby  ;D
was it full of bog on the inside aswell  ;)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2011, 09:15:41 AM »
I think it only held 2 litres of fuel Bill....but even then it leaked out the back..... ;D

mainline

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2011, 10:39:25 AM »
I wish you'd told me at Classic Dirt the Noguchi was going to be up for sale! ;D

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2011, 11:07:28 AM »
ok boys, so who did the shmicko paintwork on this tank then?
all this yappin about bog 'n' 2 litre feul capacity has me thinking it's Johns lunch instead of a feul tank :D
so who did it and a rough idea of cost if you don't mind please guys :)
nice tank.
would love to see the Yellow equivalent :)
"flat bickie"