Author Topic: 2012 Classic MX Nats  (Read 5201 times)

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
2012 Classic MX Nats
« on: January 13, 2011, 10:01:31 AM »
A self fullfilling prophesy,refer my post 166 of 30 May last year on "Competition".My posts 308 of 24 Dec and 329 of 28 Dec on "2011 Nats" try to explain why we are STILL hashing this around.As has been said before,this is a great forum but it is still just a forum.
It's really quite simple,and this forum ,extensive discussion amongst riders and some discussion in the clubs suggest overwhelming support in principal for the proposal.
Do you want :- longer motos--more motos--rider age based classes--introduction of Pre 90--more [and less frantic] practice--return to two day events--guaranteed starts for lower entry classes,eg Pre 60--tracks compatible with the era--posibility of other support classes [ladies,legends,teams race,grade races etc etc]--presentations on time--scrutineering at a more civilised hour--more relaxed programn--more leeway for accidents,track prep etc--less strain on volunteers,resources etc.??
See Firko's column latest VMX Mag.
If you agree with any part of this ,it can only be achieved with a split.
The "system" can work,but only if the riders ensure their clubs act on their wishes ,the clubs convey these wishes to the relevant state committees,who in turn pass on to MA.The two main stumbling blocks [with some exceptions] are that members do a lot of talking,but don't follow through,and some state committees are disfunctional or just don't exist.In one instance a state body conveyed a vote to MA thatwas not representative of the majority opinion.
It just comes down to the riders pushing their wishes through the system & followig up untill it's done

If anyone wants a copy of the proposal,let me know.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Classic MX Nats
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 10:27:31 AM »
I think the split at pre 78 is a done deal. At least a 2 day event with age classes.
When possible Friday scrutineering and Practice but late arrivals can still get in.
At least 5 to 7 lap races (maybe less for pre 60 pre 65?)
Pre 90 moved in with Evo etc.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

firko

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 11:18:14 AM »
I think the split at pre 78 is a done deal.
Mick, that's what we thought last year. Unfortunately we all thought the mythical 'somebody else' was doing all of the lobbying for us while in reality nobody did anything and Cols proposal went through to the keeper. We now need to get totally behind the resubmission of the 'Metcher Proposal' and lobby our clubs/ local controlling body /MA to show that we, as a sport are ready for change.

One small fear I have with the proposed division split is the possibility of a 'them and us' culture emerging from the split. While it's certain to be a positive outcome for both the pre '78 and post '78 factions, the whole thing could fall flat on its face if we don't remain united as a complete unit...the vintage motocross movement. For that unification to work both factions need to support each other. I don't mean that every member of each faction should go out and build bikes from eras that we have no cultural connection (although I know there will be many that will race in both events). What I'd like to see is us refraining from the 'old shitbox'-'modern crap' type attitude that often arises. I know that much of the 'mud slinging' starts as light hearted banter but to outsiders it often appears as an era bashing and it has no good outcome in the overall picture. Both eras need to support each other for the split to work properly.

United we Stand, Divided we Fall.

TM BILL

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 11:37:55 AM »

One small fear I have with the proposed division split is the possibility of a 'them and us' culture emerging from the split. While it's certain to be a positive outcome for both the pre '78 and post '78 factions, the whole thing could fall flat on its face if we don't remain united as a complete unit...the vintage motocross movement. For that unification to work both factions need to support each other. I don't mean that every member of each faction should go out and build bikes from eras that we have no cultural connection (although I know there will be many that will race in both events). What I'd like to see is us refraining from the 'old shitbox'-'modern crap' type attitude that often arises. I know that much of the 'mud slinging' starts as light hearted banter but to outsiders it often appears as an era bashing and it has no good outcome in the overall picture. Both eras need to support each other for the split to work properly.

Well said Firko , this is as important as the split itself.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 11:47:30 AM »
i tried to get the local MA to create a vintage manager ( especially in the light of the nats here on 11) but it fell flat. NOt only cant  you offer somthing to create action and support , but simingly its still all RR managers and MX manager and nothing else seems to get a mention in MA at the state levels
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 11:55:39 AM »
 I shall draft a letter for my club to forward on and make it my reasonability for it to happen.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 12:41:29 PM »
Hi Freakshow.Last year our Historic Committee chairman was a road race guy, but when representatives of our two metropolitan [Qld] clubs put the case to his committee they backed us through MQ.Unfortunately MQ lost the paperwork [although later corrected].I would think,particularly as you are hosting the Nats this year,that if you approach the right people on a personal basis you may get some support.Contact me if I can help.

211kawasaki

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 03:51:10 PM »
Kerry
get on to Ivan Golding, tell him what your doing and he will help.

Dave

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 07:49:44 PM »

State by State also  !
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 11:07:19 AM »
If the "split" is to take effect for the 2012 Nats clubs & states have to be lobbied NOW.
Refer my post of 13 Jan. and if any of the points raised ring a bell with you there are about three weeks to act on it.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 01:06:48 PM »
Kerry
get on to Ivan Golding, tell him what your doing and he will help.

Dave
  i had the previous general manager ask and he came back with a no.  One of the reason i though it would be a good idea was that the crystal brook club wouldnt have to pay my out of pocket expensis for helping them out ( like the 4 hours petrol to suss the track out - it would be a normal rep cents per KM petrol voucher deal.. In the end they said no to the position, but paid the $200 fuel bill.

ill ask the new GM to have words with IG and see what happens. im up ther tomoorow night to upgrade officials liceinces so ill ask again ....
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 12:23:48 PM »
Did some one draft the letter ? i found someone in local MA thats goiong to table it up hill for us, can someone point me to the copy of the letter or draft to hand over.  Firko did you post one up ? i just cant find it on here ATM.   link me someone !
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2011, 01:54:05 PM »
YOU still on here walter,  been quiet, havent seen you post for ages. had hoped you'd died.

guess you cant wish for everyting.    :-*
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline XR

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2011, 02:31:16 PM »
I'll tip in $500.00 to help make it happen....

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2011, 04:41:44 PM »
I guess that wish would cost a bit more than $200 you extorted from MA  :D :D :D

Sorry to disappoint you Vaulter, that was there fixed Rate not mine, then again You'd probally know more about extortion than me.......... ;)

$500 jeeze XR your keen.
Tip in for Fuel and id reckon you get a few starters.  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 04:43:24 PM by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's