Author Topic: 2011 Australian Classic Dirt Track Championships  (Read 48480 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Australian Classic Dirt Track Championships
« Reply #225 on: June 27, 2011, 02:20:24 pm »
Wombat...........  they the ones that eat roots and leaves or am i thinking of another school yard joke.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 27, 2011, 02:59:21 pm »
I would like to thank all the people behind the scenes who got the Aussie Dirt track titles off the ground, considering i remember a time when the talk was no Club wanted to do it in 2011 !!    So Regardless of how well or how badly anyone rates these events on a personal level, we all must appriciate the fact that they have put in the yards to give us a chance to ride the event at all. So thanks Col and Tanner for getting this thing to the start gate.

For the record I had a great time.  Pocket is much much lighter ( probally over $20 a lap) but worth it.  great track too.

Got to meet some of the Brisbane Forum people over the weekend so was good to see some faces,  good to catch up with some old ones like the Brisbane mafia - Brad,Tatey,Doggee, the griffith mafia - grasy and pete lee,  sydney siders, turtle ( some strong hole shots all weekend), matcho mick and crew, heck i spent all weekend saying hi to someone.  even the trolley boys popoye and co, good to say hi finally.

My sincerest thanks must go to Robin for picking me up from the airport and giving me a ride on the sidecar for the weekend and a great laugh hanging on it was too.

Stewy"old fart' lemon for letting me stay over at his place for a few nights and even making his lovely wife get up on her day off and take me to the freeway to meet dave at 6 am.

Dave Tanner for letting me punt around his little TM125 all weeekend and even bringin the gas. she finished every race so you couldnt ask for more.  Also for giving me a lift to the track each and everyday ( and yes i survived his high speed 'Skillmiester'driving) and the airport carpark

So a big thank you to all that help me keep livin' the dream.

But my last thank you is to Alison for being such a consistant poster.  I was lucky enough to win the "vmx247" entry with the post guess ( i was in early so i reckon my handicap would have been good) i think i picked around 650+ posts in the entries open period, man can she post............  anyway thank you to whoever organised the prizes and for roger for drawing it, i sat it on my lap all the way home on the plane - i just love it to bits.  Love the colour, everything.  His detail and bike knowledge is great, but the steel shoe just cracks me up , its great .  So a big thank you and know its greatly appreiciated.

Im sure i have missed people and to those i say thanks too. Looking forward to seeing some of you in Sept for the Big one, and to the others at the DT in 2012 !

« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 04:43:52 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline jackiemac

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 27, 2011, 03:07:21 pm »
Funny guy :D  problem fixed pictures are up ;)
http://vmxshotz.com/2/d0208/3cb0de7/#/gallery/dirt-track-titles-sunday-2011/p10180792/

keep Smiling :)
Jackie
Be kind to your neighbour!!

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 27, 2011, 03:30:11 pm »
Shit Freaky I didn't even catch up with you. Well I didn't even know it was you until sunday and then when we had bike troubles I was absorbed in that.
Good to put a face to the Tag and good save over the back when Robin had a go at getting rid of you....or was it the other way 'round :D :D

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 27, 2011, 03:40:50 pm »
Shame about that, saw you where dealing with issues.
Pity as you guys were on fire when it was running well, perfect lines onto the main straight, you were in with a chance to give it a nudge at the top....  always next time :)
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 27, 2011, 04:52:54 pm »
Not so sure about that at my age... :D :D

Offline lama

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 27, 2011, 07:37:42 pm »
just like to add a few words on here about the weekend i had a ball all weekend and would like to thank all the people for putting on a great race meeting only my secoond time at racing dirt track and my passenger on the great looking #993 WASP dave it was his first outing on the chair at flat tracking. We are never going to win a race but just crossing the line is a win to me. thanks to EML for letting us race his great machine. well done to all the place getters and to jamie and wayne for some fantastic racing and a well deserved win in both classes. LETS ALL DO IT AGAIN SOON... see you at the track :) :) :)

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 27, 2011, 08:00:57 pm »
Careful there Lama, dirt track is only practise for the real stuff (mx & road race) and pretty casual though with all those races one after another it did get a bit intense (NO ... NOT camping out in tents) Just use the experience to build on you next motocross at the Conondale Classic.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 28, 2011, 11:59:00 am »
- i just love it to bits. 

Knew you'd like it   ;D  kind of reminds me of this pic below !!  ;)  Thanks to Roger Harvey for doing it on a fine time line  :P  cheers A

Wonderful photos Jackie such a pleasure to look through  :-*
Best is in the West !!

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 28, 2011, 01:04:34 pm »
Col do you have a contact for Roger you can PM me ? id like to thank him personally.
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 28, 2011, 02:04:28 pm »
Thanks Ali for his details, all good.  Rog reckons its the first Slider he has drawn , so there you go ! you got a first too !
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 02:40:28 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline jackiemac

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 28, 2011, 06:25:28 pm »

Wonderful photos Jackie such a pleasure to look through  :-*
[/quote]

Thanks Alison, had a hoot of a weekend, so glad Col invited me to be a part of it ;)

Keep Smiling :)
Jackie
Be kind to your neighbour!!

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 28, 2011, 09:44:58 pm »
Anyone who doesn't buy a photo from Jackie is a bum [to paraphrase Bob Hawke after Aust won the America's cup in 1983]

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #238 on: June 29, 2011, 02:10:42 pm »
well i'd like to say i had fun,but i didn't,after faceplanting on ossa in it's 2nd race,(tried to save the loose with my elbow  ::)),parked it,put skinnier front on the XL sat nite to help with the mind games,(didn't help)so rode like a gumby for the day,definately a sliders track,coming out of the last corner next to start gate was a bloody lottery for me,till i back it off,apart from that was pretty good meeting i guess,lots of new friendly faces,weather was perfect ,t shirt & shorts,congrats to all the winners, :P
ps didn't need the van heater till i got closer to home  ::)
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 29, 2011, 05:55:23 pm »
what a great weekend,great racing in alll our classes with grant jr and ray performing so well.now looking foward to next year.
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS