Author Topic: 2011 Australian Classic Dirt Track Championships  (Read 48483 times)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Australian Classic Dirt Track Championships
« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2011, 07:56:26 am »
Your a slut Kerry. ;D....would you like to ride a 69 CeeZee 360?.....I havent got one, but I thought you might like to ride one. ;D....what about a KR TZ750 flat tracker?.....XR750 maybe....
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2011, 02:05:33 pm »
Tate, What about you lending me the YZ 125 or 250 ????  i have a trails tyre at robins ready to be fitted ???
and yes im serious.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2011, 08:56:08 pm »
The entries are about the same as Griffith was 6 weeks out from race day, which is encouraging. Wedo ask that you get your entries in asap, both to help in the planning & to ensure you don't miss out. The 20+ late entries for Griffith, will be disappointed if they rely on us to accommodate them for this event.
If you are unsure which bikes you'll have ready, enter your wish list and if you have to leave one behind or change things, we'll make the adjustments.
Also, to ease the money burden, we won't present cheques until early June.

oldfart

« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2011, 03:21:04 pm »
Kerry, more to the point - I have a box full of parts - no wheels - mudguards that don't fit - and a seat ( if you can call it that )  no exhuast pipe - no air box -   and you want to ride it in 5  weeks  ::) ::) ::)

Curly3

« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2011, 07:19:24 pm »
I've just emerged from hibernation in the shed for the whole weekend.
Engine reassembled and swap nearly complete.
I've been over run at work and decided to bite the bullet and get it done before the panic sets in.
Not long to go now and I hope entries have gathered momentum.
C'mon gents lets ramp up the enthusiasm and interest.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2011, 12:32:28 pm »
Kerry, more to the point - I have a box full of parts - no wheels - mudguards that don't fit - and a seat ( if you can call it that )  no exhuast pipe - no air box -   and you want to ride it in 5  weeks  ::) ::) ::)

TAke the pedal off stew id dont want to break you.  I dont think that Budabillbong will be run, not on the same weekend as a Aussie title event in the same era, so there must be someone on here with a spare ride then.      HEy stewy, i have  a tyre why dont you enter the DT on something ?  Youll love it.......
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 24, 2011, 09:43:53 pm »
Hi Gents,
Griffith have 7 riders doing the trip to what should be an awesome meeting . Have a sidecar crew ready to go if there are sufficient entries.

Offline elsie 125

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 25, 2011, 06:25:18 am »
 hows the entries looking now guys

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 25, 2011, 09:05:06 am »
Hi Gents,
Griffith have 7 riders doing the trip to what should be an awesome meeting . Have a sidecar crew ready to go if there are sufficient entries.
   bring the slidecar we will have enough for a class,been on the ph harrassing people to put their entries in

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 25, 2011, 11:34:15 am »
Entries close in two & a half weeks. As Griffith's success provided a benchmark we obviously compare with them, and at the same time out from the event we are slightly ahead on entry numbers.
We greatly appreciate the enthusiasm of Grasy & others who are helping to drive the entries.
At this point responce from Qld riders is disappointing, but I'm sure this will change.
One thing that may affect final numbers is that our "no late entries" policy may catch a few out[ Griffith had over 20 late entries].

211kawasaki

« Reply #115 on: May 25, 2011, 01:20:59 pm »
go Ray Burrows, one for the Queenslanders!

Oh, just let me clarify that I do not endorse Queenslanders as such - Im a Blue living in hope that we can but their buns tonight - Its just Ray, as a person from Queensland has entered.

firko

« Reply #116 on: May 25, 2011, 02:01:25 pm »
Col, I'm wondering how many of the Queensland *vintage motocross stalwarts have entered? For a state that can raise record numbers at CD and the Conondale Nats, surely we could expect similar support from the motocross guys. If you blokes haven't tried dirt track before, this might be the perfect opportunity to find out how competitive and how much fun the sport is. I mean, it's not as if you need to buy a new bike....all you need is a decent trials tyre and you're up and ready to go.

Dirt track is an important part of our overall movement and while I can understand that for many dirt trackers, the complexities of motocross are out of their comfort zone, I've never really understood why so many MXers don't bother with dirt track, especially considering that their particular skill levels fit right in.

*Ditto NSW racers.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 25, 2011, 02:47:33 pm »
And its a shit load easirt on your body firko too......  how hard is turn left, turn left ver right turn left.....   enve n collingwood supporters can figure that out....  just
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 26, 2011, 08:43:17 am »
dirt track is fun and easy on the body,except when you make a wrong turn and find something on the infield a flip a sidecar over ;D.as a i have said before anyone wanting tyres ,i will look after on price for the titles

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 26, 2011, 11:52:56 am »
FRee fitting too.
74 Yamaha  flattracker's