Author Topic: G450X  (Read 4807 times)

Offline oldie

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: G450X
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2010, 01:46:20 PM »
[quote  BTW your BMW is probably still worth something, trade it at a BMW dealer on new Husqvarna.

[/quote]

I don't want to get rid of it, but if I did they (bmw) wouldn't give me much, as I've said I'm now stuck with it.
Talking about the new Husky 450, I'm very interested to see how many they are going to sell, something tells me, not many, I for one wont, after the dealings I've had with them I would never buy anything with the bmw again.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2010, 06:38:23 PM »
Drakie will probably be pleased with the news, he likes to collect obsolete shit.
BMW has probably done you a favour Oldie as you newish bike is now a collectable.

I have ridden Drakies a couple of times, mostly a nice bike with nice linear power, allthough I haven't ridden any other moderns to compare it to. Despite this lack of experiance with moderns I did notice that the forks are shit, despite him spending several hundred $$ trying to fix them.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2010, 06:43:59 PM »
I would consider the Husky version, like most second generations the Husky version probably addresses a lot of the weak issues. I have heard people say this about KTM and other brands as well.
formerly Marc.com

Offline oldie

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2010, 07:06:59 PM »
Drakie will probably be pleased with the news, he likes to collect obsolete shit.
BMW has probably done you a favour Oldie as you newish bike is now a collectable.

I have ridden Drakies  Despite this lack of experiance with moderns I did notice that the forks are shit, despite him spending several hundred $$ trying to fix them.

I had my forks done with out spending a lot of $$$$$$$.....the bike goes were ever I point it, I some times want to pass riders & have to take the rough lines to get past, when I do that, I smile to my self to show how good the beemer handels ;D

maxvmx

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2010, 08:55:05 PM »
The 450 I'm on has done 18000 kms, nearly 300 hours and the only thing I've had to do is replace the battery a couple of weeks ago. I'm told I was one of the first owners of one in Australia - I pre ordered mine 3 months before they were released in September 2008 and I don't have any plans to sell it, it will be a nice mantle piece one day!

Offline Drakie

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2010, 09:38:13 AM »
Hmm. I've been missing the action; sorry guys. Well I feel a bit guilty Oldie for convincing you to buy one, but I'm still happy with mine and the thing has been so reliable despite frequent crash damage. This bike is unique, I love the design, the power and the handling (just like my Maico 400 GS 1981; there's obviously a link). I'll get the forks right eventually. I knew it was a keeper from the start and I will have it forever (as GMC implied, I love rare shit; anyone heard of the Praga 1998 ED 250?).

Offline oldie

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2010, 08:13:39 PM »
I've sold my G450X & now back on a 2 stroke again, Peter, I've got quite a bit of spare parts for the beemer, PM me if you are interested.