Author Topic: I want to do the Four Day.  (Read 18337 times)

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
Re: I want to do the Four Day.
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 09:00:53 PM »
If you really wish to finish your bike must be new or as new otherwise you just pissing into the wind.

Doesnt mean it has to be a 2011 model though, it could be a 1987 model fully restored mechanically and cosmetically (where cosmetics play a part in things mechanically eg im talking about having things plated and painted so they do nut rust up etc)
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2011, 09:15:43 PM »
Holeshot ,I dont remember the long uphill but i do remember a long downhill that was steep as shit & took forever to get down,I started out on the pegs but ended up sitting down before the bottom as i was too knackered to stand up any longer, you must have been a few minutes behind me as i remember GE passing me, so you would have also,hope i didn't get in your way  :)

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2011, 10:50:09 PM »
yeah i remember that downhill
it was a pretty tough 4 day
people these days get it easy
we used to do 280klm in a day
start at 8.00 finish at about 4.30
all the victorian enduros, riding in snow at stockmans
and freezing huge river crossings at the alpine,
so cold sometimes when we came into control to wait for our time to come up
you would put your gloves on the engine and stand around the time keepers fire brrrrrrrrrrr
your feet were soaked and you could not feel your toes
but it was good fun and good training for the 4 and 6 day ;)
follow me to first turn

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 10:16:17 PM »
It's nearly here now Nathan. Hope your all fit and ready
Good luck.
I should see you on day 4 if you make it through.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 10:27:41 PM »
Good luck Nathan.  What bike are riding?
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 10:54:29 PM »
2011 Husky XC150, bike #204. The bike is spread out all over the garage floor right now, of course...

I'm fitter than I've been in years - which is not to say that I am particularly fit, just better than I have been. Riding the pushy at lunch time, eating better, drinking a lot less, etc.
A few weeks back I was diagnosed with Gilbert's Syndrome - a supposedly inconsequential genetic disorder that 5~10% of the population have. The official story is that it means nothing, however there's a ton of commonly associated side-effects - some of which I suffer from.
In an ironic twist, discovering that I've got this thing has actually allowed me to understand WTF has been happening, and I've already worked out ways to minimise it. This has been a big help. :)

Raced the Nowra 8-hour Pony Express last weekend. It was a tough, unrelenting bastard of an event. I rode conservatively to avoid damaging myself*, but I think I was the only person disappointed to miss out on doing another lap, and was functioning perfectly at the end of the day and on Monday, so I'm taking it as a positive.
My biggest worry now, is my usual problem of riding too slowly on trail sections and using up too much late time. For a number of reasons, I'm always very reluctant to push on trail sections, and simply lack the talent to just cruise along...  ::)

We'll see what happens from here.

*One of the local fast guys smashed crap out of a finger a couple of weeks ago. Missed the 8-hour and the 4-day because of it.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2012, 06:57:52 AM »
Good luck Nathan , you can do it  8)

Autos are the way forward , see you round like a robot
Take the short cut, go Cross Country
The shortest distance between two points is Cross Country
CCM's and HL's bark like mad dogs

TM BILL

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2012, 07:06:31 AM »
Best of luck Nathan im sure you will finish it   :) however a real bloke would do it on a vintage bike  ;D

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2012, 11:16:02 AM »
A few weeks back I was diagnosed with Gilbert's Syndrome - a supposedly inconsequential genetic disorder that 5~10% of the population have. The official story is that it means nothing, however there's a ton of commonly associated side-effects - some of which I suffer from.

That could explain a few things :P :P :P :P

Good luck mate.  Take care.
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2012, 11:36:22 AM »
Interesting to note that it took getting back into racing-or getting a bit fitter- actually found another problem that you had.
I too had some trouble getting fit when I came back to passengering-actually before that I went for a bike ride with my son who was training for his x country.
Cut to the chase I rode about a mile and was storked so went off to the doc for a quick check. Turned out I had contracted a lung dis-order that needed attention and I was 'lucky' to have caught it early.
So, in a way, I can attribute VMX to a longer and healthier life-thus far at least :D :D :D
I might add that from going back to the outfits I now am able to do more things more flexibly like squatting down to open the roller door in the morning at work etc... and I feel lots better over all.   

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2012, 02:54:53 PM »

In an ironic twist, discovering that I've got this thing has actually allowed me to understand WTF has been happening, and I've already worked out ways to minimise it. This has been a big help. :)

I was diagnosed with that thirty years ago and had totally forgotten that I had it until now.  What were your side affects and how did you minimise it?

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2012, 03:34:01 PM »
Good luck Nate. ;D

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2012, 07:52:06 PM »
Thanks for all of the well-wishes.

Off at stupid-o'clock tomorrow morning. I think everything is under control, but tomorrow night will be spent teaching myself how to change tyres with mousse tubes...  ::) ...  :D

The TTR is gunna be the run-around bike, the TE410 in making its way to it's new owner's place (in a round-about fashion).

crash n bern, there's a ton of things "commonly associated" with GS. For me, jaundice, occasional lethargy/muddle-headness, (mild) IBS, and abdominal pains are the main ones. If I include my siblings, we can nail virtually the entire list. It's also been very easy to figure out the genetic path in my family through the symptoms (including to my son...), even though I'm the only one to be formally diagnosed...

I'll post up more when I've got more time.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

oldfart

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2012, 08:26:30 PM »
Nathan ... too late to change your mind now  ;D   Go out and enjoy the experience and fill us in when you get back .   Good luck 

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2012, 08:50:36 PM »
Best of luck Nathan. Good on you for having a go!

Tex