Author Topic: Rokon motocrosser.  (Read 1468 times)

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
Rokon motocrosser.
« on: January 11, 2008, 10:08:35 AM »
You don't see too many of these...

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
Re: Rokon motocrosser.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 10:24:48 AM »
for good reason too.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Doc

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 11:27:15 AM »
careful Hoony..you may offend the big fella  :o..he's been know to own a Rokon or 2. Very collectable now I'd imagine but still way out there on their own for everything else :P different is a pretty good word that comes to mind ;)

firko

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 01:10:05 PM »
If I'm the said Big Fella I'm offended so much I'm now in tears!
My Rokon is still under my ex's house in Big Pine, California waiting for the day that I'll bring her home. Despite their lumpy personna, they're a bit of a weapon once you get used to the weirdness of the belt drive auto trans. The 340 Rokon snowmobile engine is pretty grunty but the trans soaks up a bit of power.
I guess I should start making moves to bring it home. I got a Christmas card from her so I guess I'm still in the good books enough for her to sort out some shipping for me.
As soon as I'm financial enough I'll get to it.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 01:04:21 AM »
hi
a Friend of mine has 4 still in a crate and 5 or 6 running.i was amazed when i walked in his workshop at the no of bikes he has.he is in San Francisco ca.he even used to make and sell his own bike to outdoors men in USA they are called tkats
cheers
ps friko  i could help you get your bike to Sydney if you want

Doc

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 02:47:19 PM »
wooops! sorry Firko..can I change that to the 'not so big fella anymore!!'

full auto bikes are a weird thing but I expect once used to them they could be quite 'normal'. I rode a Husky auto and one of those 750/4 japauto honda back in the day at Bert Kingston's. Both only short rides but enough for me to understand it's kinda like stepping off a bike onto a sidecar..it's whole different ballgame and you can pretty much throw what you already know about riding out the window as it just doesn't relate. The Husky was good but the transmission noise was scary and in hindsight this bike would not have been far off new  :-\