Author Topic: Little stunt guy  (Read 20071 times)

DR

Re: Little stunt guy
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2010, 06:53:40 am »
do you know a Jason that isn't a forkwit?....didn't think so....I rest my case...

3 time world speedway champ Jason Crump may not take too kindly to this stereotype Davey. Lets hope he's not a forum member :D

For the record I agree, the kid is too young and a disaster may well be imminent ;)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 06:57:45 am by Doc »

mx250

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2010, 07:31:18 am »
Gee wish my parent let me ride a moto when i was a kid, best i could do was lay 5 kids down on the road and jump them on my dragster, had the street record fro years till the Bmx craze came in and meant 8 was a starting number and i lost my nerve on th eold girl.  But with and engine i could have been unstopppable...muuu hhhaaaa.....

now i get scared over a braking bump
Have you ever meet a kid who has badly broken a bone before maturity? The rest of the body keeps growing and that bone either stops growing and then starts again when blood flow to the bone is reestablished, or simply stops growing. The probability for an accident might be the same as you and I but the severity can be far higher. The balance between probability and severity, a.k.a. good judgment, is something you would expect from an adult. 6YO's don't have that judgment and the parent is expected to provide that judgment, guide and protect the child - even from themselves and their lack of judgment.

And parents are expected to give their child every opportunity to reach their full potential.

I'm not condemning these parents but I would choose differently. 

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2010, 08:59:42 am »
If that,s him in the photo then that kid is getting some serious air. :o
If it was my kid ?
NA.
Though what can you do ?
They just slip down to the park when you,re not looking.
I did. :)
Mike
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2010, 09:10:22 am »
15 minutes of fame… and a possible lifetime of pain [or worse].

Not really a decision a 6 year old can make. Time for his parents to do their job, whether they like it or not [bloody mini-bike parents  >:(].

What's next - "Sorry officer, but my baby really did want to go sky diving. It's not my fault, what is a mother to do? I can't say no to my darling little junior!"
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

firko

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2010, 10:05:24 am »
Little Jasyn* and his mum were on the Today Show this morning. The little tyke seemed a nice, normal kid for his age but his answers to Karls questioned seemed to have been rehearsed with his obviously stage blind mum. The mother had the audacity to say that what Jasyn was doing was "pretty safe" and aluded that what he did was normal for 6 year old kids.

Methinks Mum needs to find another outlet for her showbiz aspirations...maybe junior beauty contests for his sister. When asked what the grandparents thought about Jasyn jumping their Winebago, the little guy said that they thought he was cool.
That sets off alarm bells to me....I'd freak out if my 6 year old grandson jumped my Winebago on a mini. I'd be dragging him down to the local footy club and sign him up for a sport where he'd learn respect for authority,  the importance of team work and that he's not the centre of the universe.
It's good that the kids a good rider but I wonder how Gramps, Nan and the parents will feel when it all goes wrong and he ends up in a wheelchair.

*This weird spelling phenonema is one of my pet peeves. For the rest of his life the poor little bugger will be spelling his name out loud every time he needs to give his name to an official or any occasion where you have to give your name vocally.
I have a friend named Tjayden (Jaden) who, even at the age of 35 still finds himself correcting spelling almost every time it comes up, and it still shits him. It'll be the same for my godsons gorgeous little daughter Skarlette (Scarlett) or the little girl three doors up from me..Roobee (Ruby). I just don't get this weird spelling thing. The parents (usually the mother) think its making their kids stand out by having a cool name but in fact all they're doing is sentencing their kids to potential ridicule at school and to a life of spelling out their name. I have a wee bit of experience with this being born a Firkin!

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2010, 11:41:27 am »
jeez Firko, try living with Worms!!!!!!! ;D

Cheers Mr Worms

mx250

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2010, 03:07:44 pm »
We are on the same wavelength Firko, on both issues  8).

Scary for you eh! :-\ :-[

All Things 414

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2010, 04:20:00 pm »
Yeah 'cause footy players are just perfect role models....... ::)

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2010, 04:48:33 pm »
Yeah 'cause footy players are just perfect role models....... ::)

Footy players are just fine. Just don't mention; laying turds in corridors [or on curtains], group sex, bar room brawls, gambling or drugs etc. Apart from that, they are all fine upstanding young men.  :o

Q. What is the most popular saying in footy?

A. I would like to apologise to my wife, to my fans and the Club for [insert description of bad behaviour here]…

They should get it tattooed on their foreheads to make life easier for them!!  :D
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Curly3

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2010, 04:51:43 pm »
I agree, kid's will do whatever the parents let them get away with, plus some.
The parents are the ones with the brains, but some should be newtered, I don't mean these parents but more like the parents of that little girl missing from Mt Druitt, I think her name is spelt differently as well.
I understand where you're coming from Firko, I've had to spell and pronounce my surname what seems like several thousand times.
One Jason that comes to mind is Akermanis.

P.S. I should add, I still hope they find her. 
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 05:52:36 pm by SlideRulz »

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2010, 05:32:33 pm »
1974  l jumped a semi at the colac show grounds on my Husky Mag, mind you l was upside down, l would strongly say that l never wanted to do that silly stunt ever again.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 05:35:10 pm by DAVID#46 »

Offline Mick22

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2010, 05:37:58 pm »
1974  l jumped a semi at the colac show grounds on my Husky Mag, mind you l was upside down, l would strongly say that l never wanted to do that silly stunt ever again.

Are you trying to lay claim to the first ever backflip?
Looking fo a TZ750 anyone with any leads please PM

Offline PRITCH39

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2010, 05:44:39 pm »
Geez,
you lot are a bit harsh, my 6 year old boy has been riding his kx 60 for only four weeks, he has never ridden any geared bike and he is already power sliding out of most corners and taking small jumps in his stride. Are you all suggesting that if he keeps progressing at this rate I should somehow pull the reins on and stunt his riding growth? I will allow him to push as hard as I, and him feel safe. Now Im not saying that I would allow him to start hitting big air, BUT if the natural progression leads him that way and he is clearly talented then I would have to question what would be worse, pull the brakes on or allow him to ride within his means. The young boy in question has obviously been riding for a long time and could probably smoke most of us older guys around a track. Obviously parents should exercise extreme caution and be vigilant with there kids but to call them bad parents!!! well that might be going a bit far. Football is a potential deadly pass time according to channel Nines 60 minutes.

Brian

I LOVE BIG CC 2 STROKES YEEHAA!!!!!

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2010, 05:59:25 pm »
Im not a fan of getting kids riding so early (under school age) and giving them bikes as gifts which are considered a 'big expensive item' What are they going to expect to be given at 10, 12, 14 etc, let them enjoy the simpler things in life like riding a bicycle or playing with Lego or playing down down at the creek, or sand pit or something. Everything seems so rushed these these days and kids have everything so early on and dont learn how to make their own fun. You even hear of pre schoolers with mobile phones and TV's in their rooms  ::) Times have certainly changed. Everyone has their own opinion on this and thats fair enough. The thing that makes me laugh though is where his mum says 'hes in tune with his bike'. I think 6 years old is far to young to be doing such huge jumps/stunts like that, 12/13 is a bit more acceptable to me.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 06:02:42 pm by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline PRITCH39

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2010, 06:07:47 pm »
I totally agree with kids needing to be just kids. BUT it isnt always as simple as this. My wife and I both have to work full time jobs now, so choosing a sport that allows him to go where we go on the weekend makes a lot of sense, Not just to me but in many peoples situation. and I certainly wouldnt allow him to just go down the local creek for a play by himself like we used to. you are right times are changing.

Brian
I LOVE BIG CC 2 STROKES YEEHAA!!!!!