Author Topic: Still looking for Mr MOTOCROSS ...  (Read 28583 times)

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
Re: Still looking for Mr MOTOCROSS ...
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2010, 10:45:19 PM »
Yeah Firko they're both in the US now with the owner of Nightmare Racing i think. Originally one went to England and eventually ended up in the US.
I remember when they were for sale for 6 or 7k, seemed like a lot of money at the time.

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2010, 10:51:58 PM »
Yeah Firko they're both in the US now with the owner of Nightmare Racing i think. Originally one went to England and eventually ended up in the US.
I remember when they were for sale for 6 or 7k, seemed like a lot of money at the time.

I was also offered these two SR's at the time By Alan but couldn't come up with the cash. I think I still have the photo's he sent me of them somewhere.

Stan

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2010, 11:02:02 PM »
.................................... The big problem was that the original magnesium OW cases had long ago died but perseverance paid off and a complete OW26 engine has been found and purchased from Holland.

your kidding, how about that.  :o
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Rosco

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2017, 05:32:20 PM »
Hi guys just wanted to inform you Im the Proud New Owner of Ex Jimmy Weirnert's 1978 Factory SR380KX,that was shipped here by Kawasaki Australia for Trev Williams to have a Open Bike in Mr MX.

I rang Trev to confirm and he said there was only ever 2 made and the other is in Canada as far as he can remember.

He said it came for sale once and missed it by 5 mins and was spewing.

It still has Wiernet stamped on the handle bars and under the seat, Trev said Jimmy hated that bike, when they got it here they put a longer Swingarm on it for MX and the Motor was a weapon.

Its been under long resto, and has only a few things to finish like wheels e.tc, all the main stuff engine, frame, cosmetics is done, cant wait to finish it.

Its going to make a great edition to my MX, Off-Road, Dakar Museum, Trev will launch the bike and sign it for me and another piece of our great MX History saved from the scrap heap.

Stay Safe Rosco

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2017, 06:01:15 PM »
any pics rosco ?
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2017, 07:52:50 PM »
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2017, 07:55:41 PM »
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle