Author Topic: KTM 125  (Read 4889 times)

SAABCOMBI

KTM 125
« on: August 01, 2010, 09:56:10 am »
FOR SALE
1980 KTM 125 GS,
Phone 0405 534 146

I WILL CONSIDER ALL OFFERS MADE.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 02:13:00 pm by DAVID#46 »

SAABCOMBI

Re: KTM 125, BULTACO 250
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 10:04:02 am »

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 08:50:32 am »
I would lower it or buy high heel boots :D Too nice a bike to give away.

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 08:52:51 am »
that Kato looks super sweet 8)
and here i am out of cash... :'(
bugger........ :(
"flat bickie"

mx250

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 09:20:26 am »
that Kato looks super sweet 8)

Might look sweet but I predict the Kattie would buck like a Bronco and want to swap ends faster than Dave swaps bikes ;D. (The swing arm has too much of a downward angle - you would need to swap the rear and maybe the front IMHO ;))

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 10:03:07 am »
I've been O/S for 5 weeks. What's happened Dave? The last time I checked you were talking up the Bultaco as the greatest thing since sliced bread? Jerry

TooFastTim

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 01:53:31 pm »
David,

I'm interested in the KTM but have a few loose ends to fix up in the next month or so. They may resolve themselves in the next week. I don''t know.

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 02:06:38 pm »
Hi Jerry, yes you are right, the bully is better than sliced bread, if it sell, if it doesn`t it wont be going far. people who know me may understand and people who don`t know me, will have a clear picture. As we all know money stretches so far, l`am a father of  4 sons, and 1 step son and 1 step daughter, all great kids, oneof my sons passed away many years ago when he was three, Nicholas, he never leaves my mind, so when the kids where little l dragged them off to all the vintage race meeting every month year after year until the marriage folded, and l still tried at the point to do it and with my kids, but got to hard.
Now l feel that l have had a good run with owning vintage bikes, l feel that l would like to go riding with my sons at these events, but l have 2 sons which are handicap, one can ride a bike, but very timid and l wouldn`t like him to get hurt and the other son tags along he is not interested in bikes, my eldest son l would like him to come riding too,as well as my step son, both of them are not keen on racing, so l am deciding which would be better sport so all of us can enjoy, Trials or Vinduro. l will allway have a vintage motocross bike floating around in my shed. Am l making myself clear. So l have decided to sell the lot, and start fresh with the right bikes.

Good luck and I hope the change of direction works out really well for both you and your kids.  :)
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down hereā€¦

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 03:44:40 pm »
Hey Dave,
There's no need to justify your reasons for selling your bikes, they are yours to do with what you please & no-ones business but your own. I'm sure this has been said before. I too wish these clowns would leave you alone, it's getting old and about as funny as a sore toe.
K

TooFastTim

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 03:49:11 pm »
It's always sad when somebody decides to leave our sport, most of us slide away from it with varying degrees of grace, some slide under the table. I make it a habit never to critcise why somebody has made that decision for they made that decision for very personal reasons.

(Now if only I knew where I stood so I could get my hands on that lovely little katoom)

IT400C

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 04:11:19 pm »
Hi David,

Any history with the KTM?  Weren't too many of those little buggars came into the country.  Enduro frame with motocross suspension by the looks.  I know Eldridge brought his back from the ISDT - think it was that model.

Wish I had the spare cash to grab it....   :'(

Tony

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 04:15:39 pm »
hi tony, its has a GS Frame and Engine, shocks l am not sure. hi fellows l would prefar cash for the bike but also consider a trade in and cash difference.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 04:54:52 pm by DAVID#46 »

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010, 05:13:16 pm »
Hi David,

Any history with the KTM?  Weren't too many of those little buggars came into the country.  Enduro frame with motocross suspension by the looks.  I know Eldridge brought his back from the ISDT - think it was that model.

Wish I had the spare cash to grab it....   :'(

Tony

It is that model I know where it is
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline 49

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 06:25:16 pm »
Hi Dave

Hope you and Harry still are able to go riding with everyone now and then. Both you blokes have been great in helping me out and will miss you on and off the track!
Money only goes so and the loss of famliy hurts and I can understand you wanting to the best for yours. I lost my old man and Brother and wish I could of spent more time with them!   :(
What ever you do you all always welcome to ride my bikes or have beers at my pits.
Wish I had my tax return back so I could grab the Kato. ;D

Cheers
Col Newell 49

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2010, 11:31:20 am »
Hi Col, l will be floating in and out of the vintage motorcross, as l have said before, its very hard to walk away from racing vintage bikes, its in my blood and always will be, l have a very rare motocrosser  coming soon and it will be restored, l raced the same model in 1972, while that is being built l will play with a trials bike  or vinduro bike.
The KTM 125 WOULD BE IDEAL FOR THE VINDURO BUT l didn`t buget for it to be rebuilt when l bought it, so its for sale. If it does`nt sell between now and when l get back from holidays, l will have to repair it and l will give it to John Kaisers motorcycles and he can fix it. And l am always around to help you and anybody.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 11:34:43 am by DAVID#46 »