Author Topic: VAPOUR BLASTING IN SYDNEY  (Read 37358 times)

firko

Re: VAPOUR BLASTING IN SYDNEY
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 03:41:47 PM »
I've been trying to contact Dave for weeks and weeks. He finally got back to me the week before last, we set aside last Thursday for me to pick up my Ducati engine but when I called to make sure he was going to be there...no answer de phone and no returning my messages. >:(
I know and like Dave but I'm getting a tad annoyed with his inability to return calls and emails. After nearly two years of waiting, I just want my engine back.  :-\

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 04:09:53 PM »
I've been trying to contact Dave for weeks and weeks. He finally got back to me the week before last, we set aside last Thursday for me to pick up my Ducati engine but when I called to make sure he was going to be there...no answer de phone and no returning my messages. >:(
I know and like Dave but I'm getting a tad annoyed with his inability to return calls and emails. After nearly two years of waiting, I just want my engine back.  :-\
daves a busy man ,   .ring the fire station you.ll get him there and tell them your house is on fire ,he may turn up ,
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 08:56:47 PM by paul »

Captain Bilko

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 04:56:33 PM »

Aww gee. The poor guy's been putting out fires, getting cats outa trees, his house has probably been flooded out and now he's copping a pastin' off of a dejected customer on a forum.

Good 'ol Boy comradship ain't what it used to be.... :'(
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 04:59:44 PM by 66M »

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 05:13:37 PM »
He was last logged on here on January the 6th so he must be around still.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Curly3

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 04:30:37 PM »
Anyone know if Dave could do a complete engine? With all oriffices plugged.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 08:18:27 PM »
JUST SPOKE TO DAVE MAC ON THE PHONE .HES BEEN DEPLOYED IN THE LOCKYER VALLER WITH THE SEACH AND RECUE  TEAM  SINCE LAST WEEK .AND IS ON HIS WAY BACK TO SYDNEY ,HE SAID FIRKO SHOULD RING THE HOUSE AND TALK TO SOPHIE (I THINK I GOT THE NAME RIGHT) ANYHOW APPARENTLY SOMETHING MORE INPORTANT CAME UP  LAST WEEK ;)

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2011, 09:55:09 AM »
Thanks Paul - question answered  ;)
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2011, 07:22:03 PM »
G'day SlideRulz.

To answer your question the answer is a tentative yes.

The pressures used to do most blasting are much less than a pressure cleaner such as a Karcher and while dry blasting has been known to penetrate engines it is usually due to poor preparation. Wet blasting isn't as agressive.

To fully seal an engine does take some work but that is offset by not having to spend time rebuilding one. It also comes down to the operator and his grasp of exactly what is required and I have done a couple of complete engines without issue. For my money I prefer to do my engines in bits but it can be done - best to talk over the phone on that one.

Hope that helps.

Dave Mac  :)
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) vapourblasting@yahoo.com.au

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2011, 07:22:53 PM »
Tony,

PM sent.........

Dave Mac  :)
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) vapourblasting@yahoo.com.au

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2011, 07:24:07 PM »
Thanks Dave - reply sent also  ;D
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2011, 08:35:54 PM »
Thanks for filling everyone in Paul - Cheers mate that was appreciated!

Thanks also to the others who also offered positive comment which was not unnoticed.

Now to business  :(

Firko said >>>>>>>>

"I've been trying to contact Dave for weeks and weeks. He finally got back to me the week before last, we set aside last Thursday for me to pick up my Ducati engine but when I called to make sure he was going to be there...no answer de phone and no returning my messages.
I know and like Dave but I'm getting a tad annoyed with his inability to return calls and emails. After nearly two years of waiting, I just want my engine back. "

And so my reply is >>>>>>>>.

Mark,

I don't know why you chose to raise a Ducati 250 Mk3 engine rebuild on a thread relating to my little vapour-blasting business which has, thankfully, made me lots of happy customers with zero complaints about time frames, including yourself when I did the Yammy stuff for you while you waited, but you know me well enough to know I will answer either way!

Yeah, that rebuild has been on the simmer for quite a while although I would dispute the two year claim quite vigorously and if I recall I threw it back to you to source parts at the cheapest possible prices eg ebay etc as you said you were strapped for cash and if anyone who knows anything about Ducati's you rarely build them on a St Vinnie DP budget which you are no doubt aware! Their parts are expensive and they are a VERY labour intensive engine to rebuild correctly (shame whoever 'built' your engine before I stripped it down didn't know that - it's pretty shabby as I said to you when we talked about the Thursday pick up).

I know that we arranged for you to come over last Thursday which was all well and good but for one thing.

On Wednesday morning I was recalled to duty to be part of a FRNSW USAR task force to go to the Lockyer Valley where all those poor people lost lives and homes in that order and that to me takes priority so sorry I wasn't available for Thursday as required. Vodafone wasn't working in Gatton where we were based, and I was far too busy with the deployment but Sophie said you didn't ring, nor were any messages left on the answering machine at home, nor did I have any record on my mobile of missed calls or messages when we were re tasked in Brisbane on Sunday where phone contact was restored. I did try and send you a "failed to send" message on the Friday to the effect - "Firko - I'm in Qld with our USAR task force in the Lockyer Valley but should be back early next week" so you weren't forgotten and I will happily keep the message on my phone as proof lest I also be called a liar! A search of my yahoo account also did not have any trace of your contact after last Thursday and given the sort of work we do we don't have direct contact with computers unless it is a screaming necessity as they are used for more important task force work!!!

A mate rang me at the airport in Brissy yesterday and said you were shitty and having a snipe at me in my absence and for that I am sorry but you have known for years I am a rescue trained firey so surely you could have had the smarts to put two and two together. I messaged Paul after that as I know he is often on here to pass on the message which he kindly did.

If you saw the things we saw in our work I doubt your engine would rate as an issue to you and at the time save for trying to get that sms to you it didn't rate with me either, knowing it could be dealt with on my return. In the area of Brisbane we worked we saw people whose whole lives have been brought to a shuddering halt with homes inundated with foetid sewerage polluted water which means their homes are unliveable.

What did strike me though was the indomitable Aussie spirit and the selfless help from hundreds of volunteers who gave up there time to help others in their time of greatest need. Aussie flags were hung out of windows and strung on fences, stalls set up by home owners serving free food and drinks were manned out the front of their homes along with wash facilities, use of toilets etc and for me there was an unbelievable restoration of pride in what most Australians are capable of over-riding other peoples selfish outlook that seems to dominate modern life, or the total drop kicks that sponge off the social security as if it their right!

The people of south west qld had their lives changed forever and we met plenty of old folk who had also lived through the 74 floods - lots of images I will never forget!

A very sobering experience.

Please give freely to any fund raisers as these people really need a helping hand!

Dave Mac  :(

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

SPANISH ARMADA

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2011, 08:51:28 PM »
that should settle it here here dave job well done in both states  ;D

Offline monte34

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2011, 10:52:20 PM »
Good to hear that you're back in one piece and ready for action ;)

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2011, 11:05:55 PM »
Cheers Spanish and Monte !!!

Happy to have done my (very) little bit and ready for action indeed !!!

Dave Mac  ;D

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

firko

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2011, 07:40:00 AM »
Dave....I'm not going to give others the joy of seeing me go apeshit online over your above eroneous post. I'll be ringing you regarding you dropping off my engine. Oh and by the way you've had it since May 09, sorry, not quite two years.....my mistake.  ::)