Author Topic: bikes on ebay, sold while in transit from the states?  (Read 4985 times)

mainline

bikes on ebay, sold while in transit from the states?
« on: June 06, 2010, 09:14:55 PM »
Saw a few listings from this seller with the same conditions, ie bike won't be in Australia till end of August, but pay now.

Anyone come across this before?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/KAWASAKI-1981-KX250-VINTAGE-MOTOCROSS-/160442024775?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Motorcycles&hash=item255b170347

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: bikes on ebay, sold while in transit from the states?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 09:36:17 PM »
Yea I saw that one too, I cant see how he can sell something he hasn't got....like it's (there, cause he has a few for sale) not in the country . He is obviously desperate for money and likewise evilpay.....maybe I could list the space shuttle, there finished with it so I could sell it, then purchase it off the US government , deliver it to the purchaser and make a tidy sum?.....I could be onto something there!!!
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

mx250

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 09:57:00 PM »
The seller in offering a range of bikes, same deal..

http://shop.ebay.com.au/olddreamer13/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

Hmmmmmmm, enterprising, I guess :)

firko

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 10:00:45 PM »
Final total landed price of the original USD $1500 bike ends up around $4350.00 approx
Holy Moly! :o Methinks Darren may be a tad on the expensive side. The last bike I had landed owed me around $800 to get it here.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 11:30:58 PM »
What about all those steam cleaning and customs fees you were telling us, or was that another bike? Dont know how it only cost $262 each though. Amazing!
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 11:44:10 PM »
I think its bullsh--t, a $99 USD front wheel cost me in shipping an extra $168 USD, and custom charges in Australia are 1300 plus 10% on total value FOR BIKES, and does`nt include picking the bike for the states, so a ute load of parts for 250 dollars, l don`t think so.

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 07:47:23 AM »
well, there you go, did the parts come by sea or air. sorry for being a delting thomas.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 07:50:10 AM »
container  / sea

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 07:56:46 AM »
me and firko have been telling you guys for months this is the way to get bikes from the usa. my cz400 cost my the same as paul yz125x the same staracer flattracker the same.the KEY is the seller boxing it up for you.at the moment my importer is charging 380.00aus cubic mtr + gst no duty on bike parts if you get charged duty the guy is ripping you off.the only down side is the 3 months turn around.for those who can wait you get a cheap bike
jim
there are guys in QLD.NSW.VIC.that do this mostly hot rod or usa car parts sellers.

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 08:26:12 AM »
Jim, that is all very well, as long as the seller is willing to pull the bike apart and box it., l was looking at a Bultaco sherpa s 50 dollars usd, and it did sell, asked the seller to pull it apart and he said NO, to have it picked up from Kentuchy $800 USD, then ship it that was another $1500 ???. It all becomes to hard, so l cannot be bothered anymore.

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 09:55:32 AM »
and then you have dotars and aqis changing the rules whilst you have bikes in transit .also finding blokes over there that will work with you ie pulling bikes apart and crating for the right price.not to bad for a one off doing containers is lots of work.as for selling bikes before they get here cant see a problem pre selling as you can keep the cost down i have done that for a couple of people

firko

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 09:57:30 AM »
David, David, David, you haven't been paying attention ::). As Jim said, for years we've been trying to show how to bring bikes in from overseas and how much you can save if you can get your bike pulled apart. The $800 landed fee for the Yamaha (below, bottom) I recently got is for a complete rolling bike with the engine in a seperate box plus two bare frames a Maico engine and a complete Can-Am  front end. If you pull it totally down as Paul did, $250-300 is what you should pay although customs clearance fees went up on May 1 so it will cost a little more from here on.
As far as getting sellers to pull them apart for you, in 15 years of Jonesy and I bringing in bikes from o'seas I can't recall many (if any)sellers who weren't willing to pull the bike down for us. You can't expect them to do it for nothing so ask them how much extra they'd want to pull the engine out. Everyone has a price but my last two sellers did it for nothing but most will do it for $50-$100.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 10:06:13 AM by firko »

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 12:13:09 PM »
IF they wont pull them apart, move on to someone who will, good thing about bikes is there is always another one....

As the guys said pull em down.  except for the first 2 ( only made th emistake 2wice)..... the last 20 or so over the years have all been parts.  I get them pulled all the way down and get them boxed up.  This Also stops People souvinering stuff or braking it off, as they have no idea whats in the boxes.... ;)

the power of Glad wrap... ;D

brought this in for Ajay, think it was a KX250 (74)

and while i was at it a YZ360A for me .....
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 12:26:11 PM by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 01:07:11 PM »
Freakshow, did the owners pack them like that, or did the shipping company do it for you?

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 03:02:06 PM »
Crash - the  owners.
The Shippers are not interested and why tell them ( loose lips sink ships)  those monkeys would be lucky to even keep your bike secure or at best out of the rain, as they can sit there end for weeks some times before your goods PAck best around there 69 caddy or V8 motors... ::)

Here some Sc500's i got a guy to pack recently. unfortunatley he lived off the main track so i had to send a low loader truck to pick up rather than normally you can get them on the same run with atail gate,  (this run cost $400 to pick up 3 pallets of bikes and take to the shippers.    Still cheap i reackon)  He originally said not go, but after i said it take em all and send my own truck and a picture of what i wanted.... i think he saw the money was the best offer he was going to get anyway out there.

IF they wont box em , then there not keen to sell or there not a genuine seller anyway i reakon.  IF its a must have then i have also had a few guiys i know do the work at that end.  Same result it turns up at the exporter looking like this.  breezes through even if customs  open it up its just boxes of parts, no Duty if item/s are under a $1,000.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 03:12:31 PM by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff