Author Topic: Interstate Bike Freight  (Read 5036 times)

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
Interstate Bike Freight
« on: August 02, 2007, 03:23:00 PM »
Seeing as all the previous discussion from the old forum has vanished into the ether, does anyone have any recommendations for interstate bike transport, specifically between Brisbane and Melbourne? Who have you used, what would I expect to pay?

Thanks
Tex

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: Interstate Bike Freight
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 10:06:56 PM »
I have been using fergussons for years and have moved about a hundred bikes both my own and for work.  Expect to pay under $350 on that route but it will get there and in one peice, they move a lot of harley and shit expensive bikes so an old girl will be in safe hands, they also tye off on the axles with clamps so no blown fork seals, also with the bike you can send stuff, i get dudes to give the driver all the spaes etc in a box, infact i sent 4 mag wheels for my car once  :o

If you dont get a good rate send me a PM and i can get our trade price ( i got another TM out out of qLD a month or so ago (shhh...dont tell quicky)back here to adelaide and it cost me $370 and my YZ currently in Qld on holidays will be under $200 only cause im driving up to collect it from the sydney Depot : thats cheaper than the petrol cost would be in my deisel VAn  :P
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

oldmotoxer

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 07:55:41 AM »
I'm using RM Transport (Redline Motorcycye Transport) to transport a KLX650 from Gisborne in Vc up to Rockhampton in Qld and they are charging me $ 570.00. The price seems a bit over the top aspecially after reading what good feedback Freakshow gave on Fergussons, wish I had known of them before now. Anyway the deal has been done and I have to wear the contracted price, just hope they take as much care with my bike as what Freakshow says Fergussons do with his bikes.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 07:43:58 PM »
they are bringing my Yza back from Qld dock next week, so this will be the big test, i see one scratch - just one scratch.........

you need a price give me a yell, like i said we use em for work aussie wide, and never had one go pear shped, and they are insured also so have had no reason to change, some guys are doing it cheaper but i want an overnight service so i know my bike isnt sitting anywhere it shouldnt be.

if you need to get our rates, im happy to let you use my deal but you need to pay COD when it turns up

good luck
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff