Author Topic: Nats chairs  (Read 24982 times)

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
Nats chairs
« on: March 30, 2010, 07:09:18 PM »
what's happening with the chairs at the nats?? How many are entered and what classes are running?? Is it worth the trip??

Offline hitatreeonce

• A-Grade
  • rather be an old fart than a young dickhead
    • View Profile
Re: Nats chairs
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 09:52:03 PM »
Got the monster eml in the shed ready for testing hope you sent the entry in EML

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 11:21:41 AM »
Any final numbers for the sidecars at the nats, any late entries??

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 08:33:12 PM »
Okay. I just went through it all.
Non championship classes atm are,
evo 125 ( 8 )
pre 60 (3!)
pre 65 (8 ) I think 8 is enough for this actually.
pre 65 open (4)
pre 70 open (9) One more please!
pre 75 sidecar (3!)
pre 75 4 stroke (6)
pre 75 all powers under 30 (9)
''     ''   ''     ''        60+ (8 )
pre 78 125 (9) ten now as Mark said.
pre 85 sidecar (5)
pre 85 125 (8 )

Taking out pre 78 125, that is 10 classes out of 21!
Piss poor I reckon.
With out knowing peoples own circumstances, I still reckon the locals should give themselves an uppercut. Especially the early model classes with so many bikes down there.
Also the list looks far better than it is as your name is there for every event you are in.
I think it is now 6 or 8 for pre 60 and 65. I am not sure if it stretches to pre 70.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 09:25:39 PM »
cheers LWC That's what I wanted to see. I think 1 or 2 of the pre 75's are eligible for pre 85 anyway so we may have a race.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 08:10:47 PM »
1     1         Walter PREISIG     Yamaha EML 998     3     7:38.938         2:33.034     3
2    5       Greg ANTHONY    EML GRM 1000    3    7:39.987    1.049    2:32.658    3
3    44       Brett DOBIE    Wasp Yamaha 750    3    9:41.508    2:02.570    2:44.324    3
4    4       Craig SMITH    Smithton    3    9:42.659    2:03.721    2:36.871    3

http://www.computime.com.au/
Best is in the West !!

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 10:25:09 PM »
Another woeful effort by the sidecar brigade, who seem obsessed by shooting themselves in the foot at every opportunity they have to present a united front and give their category some credibility. Congrats are due however, to those who turned up and raced hard. Someday I hope somebody will sit down and explain to me the machinations and politics that lie behind their eternal dismal efforts at nats level.  ::)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 10:55:43 PM »
Congrats Walter and mighty passenger Steve Baker ;) and all outfits that took on the Nats. Cheers and well done!!!!  Tim754
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 10:56:59 AM by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 09:38:57 AM »
Very sad showing from the Qlders, seems we left all of our sparks at home with both outfits signing off with elec problems which was very frustrating as we had the EML completly rewired a fortnight before the Nats and had flogged the buggery out of it in testing without so much as a miss at all.
The black bitch went like a train in practise despite the track being very rutted and boggy in parts but unfortunately just cut out on the way to the start of the first race and hasn't so much as coughed since. Popeye drove in to Melb to pick up a new coil pack sat avo which gave us about six sparks on sunday morn but that was it.   
Congrats to Wally and Steve on getting the hole shots and to the Antonys for sticking to them like glue in the wet.
GD66, PM me if you want the low down on the whole ASA thing. 

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 12:03:13 PM »
It was quite quiet and reservered with only 140 or so riders and probably 50 spectators!
Preston club put on a great effort though we were surprised at a the way a couple of things were run/organised or should I say the way could have been run/organised.
It switched between drizzle and pissing down and sunshine most of the week end and it turned the track to soup. Hence the congrats to the Wally on his hole shots. Big motor always wins the day.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 02:21:12 PM »
 ;)
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 06:27:52 PM »
The Broadford Nats were awsome yes conditions were tough at times but the rain and mud are a great equalizer Greg and Brian on Murrays 998 GRM EMl were on fire and in the first race where off the line like a scalded cat  Walter and myself went in to the first corner second with Bret and Hamish on there pre 75 outfit in third and once they got that frieght train rolling I could here them coming and at times thought they were going to join us in our chair they were that close.I dont think Bret ever closed the throttle all the way round we chased Greg and Brain for about a lap and a half but the mud and the rain finally making it to hard to see and going wide on one of the corners allowing Bret and Hamish to pull a great undertaking manouver. They chased Greg and Brian hard but didn't have enough time to catch them. I have to say considering the conditions and the bike they were riding was a lot lower than the pre 85's it was a great effort.
On the Sunday we woke up to more rain and mud but at least it stopped raining for our race, it was very important to get the holeshot and after seeing the performance of the youngters the day before we knew we had our work cut out for us to get to that 1st corner, Walters experence paid off in the gate choice and once it dropped I felt like I was hanging onto a Saturn rocket We must thank Damien, Walters mechanic for his hours of painstaking work in building a fast and reliable engine, but with the muddy conditions it was more about being able to stay on line than speed the mud was so deep in places that the bike was bought to a halt at times trying to get traction Greg and Brian tried eveything to pass but in those conditions it was always going to be hard as Bret and Hamish found out, they told me later they had to get off and push up one of the hills.
So for the last race of the day we needed to win as we were still behind on points and the youngsters were fired up and wanted blood it was good to see that they were paying attention and made a much better gate choice, we had a drying track so conditions were improving. The gate dropped and we were off again this time with our rivals on the inside line again we got to the corner first which was a huge moral boost we got down to the second corner which is a hairpin and I could hear Greg screeming to us to go faster but we made sure me held the racing line as the next corner was where Bret and Hamish got past us once the race settled down we all seemed to arrive at the corners at the same time, I think Greg and Brian where so focused  on trying to pass us that Bret and hamish where able to slip passed, then all I could hear again was Bret holding that bike of thiers pinned just as we went over little down hill jump into the corner we got a little hurry up nudge  after that Walter raced up the hill and didn't slow down until the two step down jumps  when we went off the second jump we landed at the bottom and I thought we would be po-goed right off the course  but the Promax/yss shocks worked perfectly when we  needed them too and I my bad knee is very greatfull and the rest as they say is history thank you Walter and all the other competitors who turned up.
The way I have been talking you would swear there was only three sidecars! There was not the Smithy brothers bought out thier late fathers immaculate norton outfit out and rode it like they stole it, they certainly gave it there best shot but in the conditons it was always going to be tough on a pre 75 bike but thier father would have been very proud off them, although I don,t know if he would have been happy when they bought it back coverd in mud, well done. Two outfits came down from QLD Ronnies EML piloted by Popeye with Vaughn as Swinger in practice they looked like poetry in motion but all to no avail as they got to the gate the biked lost its spark and no one had a spare bucket of sparks to get it going even a late run into Melbourne to get another coil didn't help, And also thanks to Can-am who striped the coil off his own Harley to try and get the boys going. Then there was Jamie and Dave on Helen and Daves RM500  which I had ridern the week before at the HBBB and was running just fine however in practice Jamie only knowing two settings for throttle on or off managed to nip it up. Might add not his fault as later discovered engine sucking in air threw a lose joint so a quick top end rebuild overnight had the bike running for the next day unfortunately Helen had forgotern to pay the electric bill before they left Mackay so their spark was cut off at the start line as well. But if enthusiasm and friendlyness got you points they are the Australian Champions.
As someone pointed out earlier us sidecar folk do shoot ourselves in the foot but we did put a good show on considering we dont talk! Imagine what we could do if worked together and put the politics to one side. Whats done is done lets all move on we are all gona die one day and no one will care. Our legacy will be be the grumpy old men who could never agree on anything.
Also thanks to Cameron and his son for dropping in and saying Hi
And last of all a big thankyou to Preston Club for doing a fantastic job in very tough conditions the track was perfect (I'm from Wales and don't mind the mud) also Peter Drakeford who put up with alot Sh#t before the event and told every one it would be right and it was. It was well done!

« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 07:05:36 PM by odd1 »

Offline hitatreeonce

• A-Grade
  • rather be an old fart than a young dickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2010, 07:47:19 PM »
Well done to all by the sounds of it, congrats to Steve and wally

muddy

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 09:24:39 PM »
few pic`s from the Nats.

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 08:07:32 AM »
Some nicely angled shots Muddy, not the average point and shoot stuff-well done.