Author Topic: Ravenswood tell me its not true ??  (Read 10695 times)

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
Ravenswood tell me its not true ??
« on: February 27, 2010, 04:34:29 PM »
Just heard from the VMX rumour factory, that Ravenswood does not want Viper or Classic Bikes anymore at Ravenswood, tell me this is not so.

I am devasted if this is true  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Mr Maico #54 Ken Baker

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
Re: Ravenswood tell me its not true ??
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 04:50:45 PM »
hope that is not true also, where did you hear this Ken?

perhaps Big K  can fill us in.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 04:51:41 PM »
That would be a devastating blow :(

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 05:12:58 PM »
Hey Hoony,

Lets just say a very reliable source, but I hope he is not giving me an April Fools Day early. It would rip the guts out of the old bike scene if this is correct.

All Things 414

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 05:52:11 PM »
If this is true they can stick their Noel Clarke benefit meeting. And the membership I just coughed up. But I've heard a similar tale. So I take it that all the trouble that was went to by the VMXing community for this chap means nothing to this club ??? >:(...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 06:32:54 PM by All Things 414 »

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 08:31:44 PM »
Yes, the new comittee in it's wisdom or lack there of, have declined both VIPER & VCM meetings at Ravenswood for this season. The calender is full with club days and the like, and we are only allowed to use the track 10 times per year, and they can't fit them in. We are working on holding a grass track meeting for both VCM & VIPER with venues and dates TBA. It's not to my liking but I only have 1 vote. Maybe next year.
You're possibly being a tad harsh there Ross. As a member of the club you're welcome to all meetings and practise days, and you've stuck Noel in the middle of the squabble for no good reason. Noel is an individual, and has nothing to do with the BMCC comittee or it's decisions. We all just have to "get over it", (I have) and get on with VMX racing wherever we can.
K
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 02:46:20 PM by bigk »

viper42

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 09:23:29 PM »
Was considering Ravenswood next week end but you have just made up my mind. I will gladly send a donation to Noal clarke fund, but none of my money will now go to Bendigo MCC. It was ok for them to accomodate over the past years,seems vintage bikes are not in fasion this year.
I am sure there are many other clubs that are more than happy to accomodate !!!!!

Viper 42

Offline Mick22

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 09:38:02 PM »
,seems vintage bikes are not in fasion this year.
Viper 42

its seems that way!! only 4 weeks to the first Viper round and no other rounds have been announced ???...its a bit of a worry.
Spewin to as I only started Viper last year and really enjoyed it
Looking fo a TZ750 anyone with any leads please PM

viper42

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 09:49:23 PM »
Kwaka 440 could you shed some light on what is happening this year with Viper, it would be good for an up date on the site, as this site is probably not the correct place to do so.

Viper 42

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 10:45:03 PM »
Perhaps some of you guys should check your agro, and have a good hard look at yourselves, coz you're behaving like spoilt brats. Maybe the BMCC has had enough of the few of you and your attitudes to spoil it it for the rest of the VMX crew. Where does it say they need your permission and who the f*&k do you think you are? I hope you enjoy mowing the lawns and gardening next weekend while the rest of us have some trick VMX fun at Ravenswood cup meeting. I wonder who's going to listen, and who would even care, to your stories of how you boycotted the Ravenswood cup because BMCC aren't running a VIPER round. Grow up & get a life. SOOKS! 
K

Offline FDR

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 06:28:33 AM »
I will be there supporting Noel Clarke and the Bendigo MCC, keep in mind Bendigo mcc have been very good to VCM & Viper over the years. 

All Things 414

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 06:39:37 AM »
Yeah. Well. They can give my entry fee to Noel. I don't know the guy and he deserves a break. I just wish I hadn't paid my membership fee to the club. I'll be mowing my lawn next Sat/Sun (actually Carole will but I'll be watching).
There's no greater way of saying "thankyou" than "Piss off. We don't want you racing on our track....."

>:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 04:57:17 PM by All Things 414 »

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 09:06:03 AM »
Your attitude is poor on this one Ross and anyone else who is overly emotive on the issue. For whatever reason it's the comittees decision so we all have to live with it regardless of how we feel, (I don't like it either). If even one of those comittee members read your "fug the BMCC" comment, you've probably (most probably) destroyed any chance of ever going back to Ravo while they are in control. Your's and the other agro comments are far from constructive and do absolutely nothing to help the situation. It's a lot of time, work & money to run a VMX meeting on any track and it's attitudes like this that make it too hard. Instead of inciting the agro, perhaps type something that may help, and look forward to getting back there next year. By the way I'm told the track will be very vintage friendly this weekend, I'll report later on after I've been out for a look.
This next bit is for you Ross.
You've paid your entry and your club membership, so get over your little hissy fit and come along and have some fun VMX racing at Ravenswood on the weekend. The only person you will be hurting is yourself and you could end up saying "I wish I'd been there". Forget the whole Noel Clarke issue, it's an opportunity to ride your VMX'er against other VMX'ers on a great track, and possibly the only chance you'll get this year. Don't let your out of whack emotions get in the way of having some VMX fun. I for one would like to see you there.
Having said that if you're really that wound up about it I'll gladly organise to have your money refunded.
K
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 02:55:32 PM by bigk »

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 09:10:11 AM »
Its a real shame Bendigo Club has decided on a Modern only policy on such a nostalgic track such as Ravenswood. Even if I wasnt riding, it was always great to go there and camp, got many fond memories of the place during the 70's but it gives Viper an opportunity to break new ground, we have Broadford just up the road & is there a possibility of running 2 rounds at 1 track. Being involved at Blue Rock & knowing what a financial success Viper is for the hosting club, I'm sure they would throw their hat in the ring.

Mr Maico #54

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2010, 09:28:25 AM »
By the way, BMCC wanted to a run a full blown VIPER meeting on the Saturday (this coming Saturday) of the Ravenswood cup meeting, with the modern Ravo cup on the Sunday. It was planned as VMX Ravenswood cup with trophies and all, as well as points for VIPER. It was knocked on the head quick smart by the VIPER people and didn't really get further than a couple of phone calls, therefore Saturday is now open practise. Perhaps some agro should be directed elsewhere rather than all at the BMCC. Heresay is is just that and we all know that the truth doesn't get in the way of a good rumour.
K
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 02:56:46 PM by bigk »

viper42

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2010, 11:15:29 AM »
Big K,
There is no agro here it is just disapointment.For many years Viper has been fortunate enough to be able to use Ravenswood,but BMCC has also had the financial benefit for organisations such as Viper. They have now said they dont really want us any more, thats fine i just dont feel inclined to support those who dont support us.As I said in an earlier post there are plenty of other clubs that are Viper /VCM friendly.
I hope that in coming years they are open for us to come back.
Dont forget we live in a democracy and if we dont voice our opinion we are treated as we dont matter or exist.

I hope next week end is a success for the real reason it is being run - Noel Clarke

Viper 42

BEARVMX

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2010, 12:49:44 PM »
Keep cool Viper boys, plenty of things are about to be finalised this week. Our 2010 calender will be released soon.  We are working with some new clubs, venues and are just waiting for confirmation of dates so as not to clash with other meetings and to give us a break between Viper and VCM dates.

Most important: Ravenswood next Sunday -  Support our former number 1 plate Viper Expert rider and friend Noel Clarke and show thanks to the Bendigo Motorcycle Club for their support of Viper and VCM racing over the years.  We will get back to ride there in the future.  Unfortunately due to a limited number of race days allocated to BMCC, it is out of their control - now leave it alone and ride Sunday.

Gary Hacking
Viper Committee

Offline NR555

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 02:36:35 PM »
This is a good excuse for another grasstrack if you ask me.  8)

firko

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2010, 03:01:48 PM »
I had intended on being at Ravenswood to support Noel and show my gratitude to a club that has supported VMX from day one. Unfortunately a prior engagement (a wedding) that I'd totally forgotten about is on on Saturday in Newcastle making it impossible for me to make it to the event.
The first MA affiliated Nats were held at Ravo in '92 and the club has run the event twice more since that amazing first meeting. On top of the Nats, the Bendigo club has supported vintage racing on all levels and all divisions with enthusiasm and professionalism for over 20 years so getting all sooky over one missing Viper meeting is a bit premature. I'm certain Ravo will be back on the calendar as soon as a date can be sorted.

Some might think I'm a bit biased because the Clarke family are personal friends but I'm certain most would agree that their input into the Bendigo club and to VMX over the years has been immesurable. I would have thought that supporting an injured member of the hardest working family in motocross by attending the meeting in his honour would transcend selfishness.   

I'll be there in spirit.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 03:08:10 PM by firko »

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2010, 03:12:24 PM »
Well said O wise one! Cheers Jerry

kaw440

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2010, 03:50:26 PM »
Hey guys how about you think about this weekends event come ride and support someone that has been proactive for vintage for a very long time and stop crying i have been talking with the club and have a date for bendigo for a grass track i am also still pushing for ravenswood aswell but the bullshit on the forum does not help me as some of the  bendigo club guys read this so if you want to ever go back there just wait till the commity has anounced the no or go or even better you guys that are not happy about this get on the viper commity and help ratter than hinder with boycotting a good event for someone in need of help im sure noel would do it for any of us in the vintage community its not easy to organise all the clubs for our series so lets not piss the ones off that have been there for us as i want to go back there as much as all you guys 

All Things 414

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2010, 04:38:48 PM »
Before this all gets twisted around to a "Ross doesn't support Noel" thing I'm all for helping the guy out. You can donate my entry fee and club membership to him with my blessing. $131.00 I'm pretty sure. This is nothing to do with that and please dont try and paint me in that light K and Firko.
>:(
As for the Fug  BMCC  comment, I appolagise. It was out of line and made in the heat of the moment.

I knew you wouldn't be able to keep out of this Phirko. :D
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 04:54:55 PM by All Things 414 »

TT

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2010, 04:54:36 PM »
FWIW I'll be there shooting flat out, so anyone who wants photos of themselves looking fast (I've got Photoshop) come up and say g'day and go to www.barossaphotocompany.com.au a few days after the event to see all the photos. You can even order online.

btw All money goes to help out Noel.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2010, 05:57:46 PM »
Forget the BS, come along and ride whether it be a VMX'er or a modern. I've been out to the track and it's looking unreal. All the corners are wide & flowing, the straight is wide & fast , the stutters have disappeared. If we get the forecast rain this week, it will be Ravo at it's best, if not the track will be watered flat out and it will be Ravo at it's best. Don't let your pride, emotions or the rumour mill deter you from what is set to be a great event.
For you Ross, it's never been a "Ross doesn't support Noel" thing, to me it's a "Ross is over reacting over nothing" thing. Come along and ride your bike, and take your frustrations out on the track.  I bet you'll be smiling at the end.
K

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2010, 06:22:18 PM »

to me it's a "Ross is over reacting over nothing" thing. Come along and ride your bike, and take your frustrations out on the track.  I bet you'll be smiling at the end.
K
Its hardly nothing Mate. Having no VIPER or VCM event is a slap in the face for all those particular riders that have supported BMCC events over the years.Its a  TWO WAY STREET.
It seems to me ,by the phone calls that I've had recently that theres quite a few Guys who have pulled down their bikes for The Nats or the VIPER/VCM season and are still in the process of rebuilding them.Myself included. I hope that we aren't labelled as Boycotters - that would be an over reaction.
I'm happy that the VIPER commitee didnt make it a VIPER rnd with points.Its hard enough juggling racing with everything else that goes on in life without having that sprung on us so early in the season.
Like Steve put it theres no agro just disappointment.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 07:30:57 PM »
I too am disapointed but don't see it as a "slap in the face", just the way it is. It means I'll probably have to drive 3-4 hours to replacement venues down your way, once again, just the way it is, no hissy fits here. Some have stated they will boycott the weekends meeting and thats their perogative, although that seems foolish to me. Seems to be a lot of "glass half empty" mind sets out there, maybe the replacement venues will be even better and VIPER & VCM won't want to go back to Ravo anyway!  Deal with it, don't deal with it, ride, don't ride. Whatever. Nuff said on this one.
K

mc 61

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2010, 05:07:25 PM »
well said garry

mcmuffin

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2010, 08:02:00 PM »
who"s garry ???
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 08:52:03 PM by mcmuffin »

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2010, 08:05:41 PM »
who"s gary ???

Haha, not tellin' -You find out ;D

mcmuffin

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2010, 08:50:19 PM »
rite im up with it  :D\MC GARRY
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 09:00:36 PM by mcmuffin »

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2010, 08:44:51 AM »
Gary is Spongebob's snail.
K

All Things 414

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2010, 12:38:15 PM »
It is with humbled heart that I apologise to the Bendigo Motorcycle Club for my earlier comments regarding the running of future Viper/VCM meetings.
It would appear that I didn't have both sides of the story and I was premature in my summing up of the situation. I wish I'd not said anything... :-[

I do not apologise to you however Firko as I believe it was none of your business and as usual you were try to tip petrol on what was turning out to be a pretty volatile discussion (hidden behind your usual "I've only got the interest of the sport at heart" routine) Mind your own beez-wax.  >:(

mx250

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2010, 02:23:04 PM »
It is with humbled heart that I apologise to the Bendigo Motorcycle Club for my earlier comments regarding the running of future Viper/VCM meetings.
It would appear that I didn't have both sides of the story and I was premature in my summing up of the situation. I wish I'd not said anything... :-[

I do not apologise to you however Firko as I believe it was none of your business and as usual you were try to tip petrol on what was turning out to be a pretty volatile discussion (hidden behind your usual "I've only got the interest of the sport at heart" routine) Mind your own beez-wax.  >:(
;)

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2010, 09:21:17 PM »
180 entries as of today, so should go 200 or more with a few days to go. Will be a great event. See you there.
Cheers,
K

firko

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2010, 11:31:24 PM »
I do not apologise to you however Firko as I believe it was none of your business and as usual you were try to tip petrol on what was turning out to be a pretty volatile discussion (hidden behind your usual "I've only got the interest of the sport at heart" routine) Mind your own beez-wax.

I have more of an interest in this meeting than you know Ross. Besides my personal friendship with the Clarke family I was to be their guest at the meeting and was to be involved in some activities. Unfortunately I can't make it due to a prior engagement. Correct me if I'm wrong...is it because I live in Sydney that I can't have an opinion on something happening in Bendigo? How does that work?

Ross, it doesn't bother me one iota whether you apologise or not. As far as I can see there's nothing for you to apologise for. What I would like to know though is why I bother you so much? Am I such a threat  that you have to take a shot at me every time I post something you don't agree with? Sure I had a little go at the "anti Bendigo club" posts in general of which you were the most vocal. It wasn't meant as a shot at you in general, rather an attempt to stick up for a club and a cause I have plenty of time for. I'd be pretty certain you wouldn't have responded with such venom if there was another name on my post , if fact I wasn't the only one who took the same stance yet it was only me copping a spray from you.

I just can't get my head around why you have such a strong opinion of me yet we've never met. Sure we disagree on many things in the past and surely will in the future but lately I've detected a little softening in your angst. We even had a little joke about the odd coincidence of us agreeing on a couple of things. When you recently had a couple of shots at MarcFX I figured that perhaps you'd found a new whipping boy. Unfortunately it seems my relief came too soon.

Ross can we try and sort this, perhaps over a cuppa at the Bonanza? After losing a dear family friend, a lifelong mate and his daughter and Magoo in the space of three weeks I now reckon lifes too short to carry on with this shit.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2010, 01:42:19 PM »

I have more of an interest in this meeting than you know Ross. Besides my personal friendship with the Clarke family I was to be their guest at the meeting and was to be involved in some activities. Unfortunately I can't make it due to a prior engagement. Correct me if I'm wrong...is it because I live in Sydney that I can't have an opinion on something happening in Bendigo?

Ross can we try and sort this, perhaps over a cuppa at the Bonanza? After losing a dear family friend, a lifelong mate and his daughter and Magoo in the space of three weeks I now reckon lifes too short to carry on with this shit.
[/quote]

Personally I reckon thats fair enough.The forum should be open to all members whatever the topic is and good on you Firko for holding out the olive branch.
Seems like Ross is digging the heals in at the moment but give it time.
I can see it now all coming together at HBBB .
 The announcement comes over the loud speakers for the next big event.All gather round too see Nimmo and Firko make up.There'll be a crowd with camera's and recorders ready.Someone  will replay it all in slow motion later that night, as well see the two protaganist slowly approach each other, each egged on by their supporters, the focus zooms in on the two hands which finally shake all to thunderous applause and cheers from the huge crowd.
It'll be huge!

All Things 414

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2010, 05:12:28 PM »
You need to get some ridin' in Maniac...... ::)

Curly3

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2010, 06:43:50 PM »
I'd pay to see it with boxing gloves on.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hornet

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2010, 07:08:20 PM »
Both Mark and Ross are respectable people , I know them both . But they never have  met each other . Wait till after the bonanza where a mutual tea party is sceduled to take place at Club Kevlars HQ  and I believe the differences will be very little from then on. Anyway this should stay between the two and does not need to be commented or encouraged by third parties to create  cheap entertainement . I think we have much  bigger problems . Just recently I discovered that the green little showa stickers placed on the 73 forks where 2 mm to high up from the bottom  ;D

Curly3

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2010, 07:30:18 PM »
Point taken Walter, I couldn't resist, all in jest as I'm sure most of their jibes are.

Hornet

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2010, 07:49:56 PM »
No problem Curly , actually i stuffed up , they are Kayaba stickers  and not Showa. :D