Author Topic: Magoo update  (Read 5623 times)

XS ive B/Rad

Magoo update
« on: February 17, 2010, 09:43:20 PM »
It is great to see so many threads being started for the sake of Magoo, and I do hope all will keep checking the threads started so far and supporting them

Mark Peatman (pres Penrith MCC) and myself (ex pres of Heaven VMX) visited Bruce today, you may or may not know Bruce had a kidney removed, he has cancer in his liver , bones and spleen as of Friday, he has been transfered from Campelltown hospital to Camden hospital in the Paliative care ward. IF you have his mobile number check with him before visiting

regards

Brad Fisher

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Magoo update
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 09:52:11 PM »
I don't know what to say... I really hope it's not as bad as that sounds. Do we have any idea of prognosis? Have they got to it early enough? Bloody cancer...

XS ive B/Rad

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 09:56:29 PM »
It reads as it is written, tell me if I am wrong, please tell me, it is the palliative care ward!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 10:14:45 PM »
Furk.

I have no other words.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 10:16:23 PM »

firko

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 11:10:54 PM »
Well, now that the word's out, Bruce is indeed pretty damn crook and Brad's right, he's in the pallative care ward and probably won't be leaving. His true condition has been kept off the forum at Bruces own request...he didn't want everybody making a big fuss. Now that the story is out there it's worth considering that he's a very sick puppy and therefore isn't able to handle too many visitors. I know that he has many friends who would like to visit him but as Bruce said just yesterday...he quite simply can't handle too many visitors. He has made up a short list of those who he wishes to see and it's just that.....short. He has indicated that if he's feeling up to it he may be up to seeing some more people during next week. In the meantime, if you have his mobile number, leave a message on his messagebank and remember to keep it as upbeat and positive as you can. If you haven't got his number, don't ask. As he's told many of us, the last thing he needs right now is weepy agony aunts hanging around his bedside..........

F*ck this is awful.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 11:29:37 PM »
I must say that took a few times to reread it and have it still sinking in.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 12:30:04 AM »
Devistated, nuf said.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 06:23:40 AM »
I've met a lot of people in the vintage scene and it's been a pleasure. There are so many good people in VMX, I think it's what really makes it such a brilliant sport/hobby/passion.

But here and there, we find people who stand head and shoulders above them all.

Magoo is one of these - and it's not just because he stands, well... head and shoulders above most people!

It's because he is a truly Good Bloke.

And how the Hell this sort of thing should happen to a Good Bloke I have no idea.

All the best mate, hang in there. Beyond that, words fail me...

firko

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 10:52:40 AM »
ATTENTION!
I'm certain that many of you are shattered at the news of Magoos health woes and feel the need to go and visit him in hospital. Unfortunately, Bruce is extremely sick, on high doses of pain relief and simply doesn't have the strength to accept unanounced visitors. It takes all of his strength to do what he has to do to just get through the day let alone have to deal with visitors dropping in without warning.
Yesterday a number of well meaning folks visited him without prior warning and as much as Bruce did his best to 'be his best', the experience literally knocked the shit out of him and today he's physically and emotionally shattered because of it.

This is why he didn't want his predicament known to too many people. Last evenings announcement of his true condition and his location, as well meaning as it was, has not gone over well. On behalf of Bruce and those close to him I sincerely ask you to respect his wishes and...........
PLEASE DON'T TURN UP AT THE HOSPITAL UNANOUNCED.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 11:03:37 AM »
And how the Hell this sort of thing should happen to a Good Bloke I have no idea.

Words always fail me in these situations.

I think if he had of been more of an arsehole maybe it wouldn't have happened, but I dont think it was in his nature to be anything other than an easy going type bloke.

"Never give up, Never surrender"
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 12:22:49 PM »
Words always fail me in these situations.

Ditto!!!!! A bloody big DITTO!!!!

But here's my 2 cents anyway [for what it worth]… make sure you keep Magoose in your thoughts [and prayers - if thats your bag]. I know we would all like to visit him personally and help to keep his spirits high but unfortunately we will all just have to 'feel helpless' from a far.

When I hear of a mate fighting this kind of battle it always reminds me not to work late, but instead go home early and spend some time with the family…

We are supposed to be the intelligent species on this planet, but instead we spend the majority of our time trying to earn money instead of enjoying the company of our friends and families.

Get well soon Mr Magoo - we're all thinkin' of you!!!!
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

firko

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 04:37:04 PM »
A specific account has been set up to accept donations for the Magoo fund.
Donations that have been made into the McFarland family account are fine but now there is a specific account any logistical problems will be sidetracked. An email has neen distributed by a friend of Bruces that explains the current financial state of the family. Many of you will have recieved it and once read you'll understand just how tough this situation is for Anne and the kids. Due to the length and sensitive nature of the email I won't post it on the forum at present. The important thing that immediately comes from it's contents is the new banking details...................
Name: Magoo Family Fund

Bank: Westpac Wetherill Park

BSB: 032349

Account Number: 358765

Offline cookster

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 05:18:30 PM »
I have never met Magoo but have spoken to him many times on the phone as I restore my 1979 CR250. Magoo has helped me find parts, sold parts at a fair price and dealt with me like a gentleman would do.
I am very saddened to find that he is very sick, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Cookster

STW996

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2010, 06:01:22 PM »
I have known Magoo for about five years now and I am sure I meet him the same way as everyone else did, the big fella just came over and started to talk to me just like he had known me for years.

Magoo is the long of it and I am the short of it, just like an Oxy acetylene set (Magoo's words as those that know him can atest of his height and my lack of it!). We both have a love on Honda's and 80's motocross. I like so many others have rung him for advise and to find parts and he has always helped me without hesitation.

Myself along with Brad 090, Worms, Big Bill and holeshot we are flying down from sunny Queensland to get up the big prick tomorrow and apprently pick up a carton owed to Trev (Worms) by the big fella.

It will be great to catch up with a bloke I can truely call a mate.

Shane