Author Topic: Lockup/Security and Systems in place !!  (Read 101828 times)

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
Re: Lockup's
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2010, 12:29:26 PM »
  Although not recomended by me a native plant the Gympi Gympi (Nettles on roids) would also be fun to have, not so good for your kids and pets though.
Retro

Ah Gympi Gympi .
Have some not so fond memories of that special tree. :)
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2011, 02:27:53 PM »
Having your VIN number engine# frame#with your insurance company or stashed away in your jet tin  8)
I dont believe dirt bikes are up there with the Porsche etc   :-\
Not sure how successful or utilized this is in OZ   http://www.datadotdna.com/au/protect_property.php

quote below from Stankflapper VIN postings --
This site has loads of info..though it seems on other sites, that we have diffirent laws for bikes than any other country.ie Lazy laws.
Always handy for your insurance company to have that VIN #
http://www.vehicleidentificationnumber.com/vehicle_identification_numbers_vin_overview.html
or
http://www.revs.nsw.gov.au/about/faq.htm
Can REVS do a check on a motorbike?
Yes, a REVS check can be done on a motorbike by providing the VIN/chassis number, engine number and registration number (if registered).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 03:02:22 PM by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline IT490K1983

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2011, 09:53:47 AM »
I also keep photos of rego, vin and engine numbers on mobile phone, camera and computer.

number 87

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2011, 10:24:50 AM »
Years ago, when the world was a little different, each time i would move into a new house i would sit on the front step on saturday morn and clean my guns. . . thought it might "send a message" . . . . dont know if it work but i never had a robbery until i stopped doing it. . . . . . .

Offline paco

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2011, 06:56:10 AM »
I have insured the contents of my house with R.A.C.V insurance but have found that my unregistered bikes are not covered.Can anybody tell me an insurance company that will insure them.p
what ! Who me ? Nah

mainline

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2011, 07:31:51 AM »
Have you tried Shannons?

Offline paco

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2011, 08:47:51 AM »
No I haven't tried shannons but I will.Thanks for the tip.p
what ! Who me ? Nah

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2011, 02:39:17 PM »
most companies will only insure your dirt bikes if they are chained to a concrete floor in your garage.sometimes its cheaper to buy another bike rather than pay the high excess on insurance.cheers.

Offline AdamN

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2011, 03:51:19 PM »
Give Shannon's a call. I have got everything motorised with them now and they are unbeatable for me. Laid-up cover is what you want. It's full comprehensive insurance except for when you are riding.

Adam
'82 PE175Z, '92 YZ125D1, '93 WR500ZE, '13 KTM350EXC-F, '16 Husky TE300

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Lockup/Security and Systems in place !!
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2012, 11:49:37 AM »
A good one ffrom Dawn B down in Victoria.
HOW TO INSTALL A HOME SECURITY SYSTEM:
1. Go to a second-hand store and buy a pair of men's used size 14-16 work boots.
2. Place them on your front verandah, along with a copy of 'Guns & Ammo' Magazine.
3. Put a few giant dog dishes next to the boots and magazines.
4. Leave a note on your door that reads: Hey Blue, We've gone for more ammo and beer. Be back in an hour. Don't mess with the pit bulls; they attacked the postman this morning and messed him up real bad. I don't think Killer took part, but it was hard to tell from all the blood. Anyway, I locked two of 'em in the house and two in the shed. Better wait outside. Be right back. Cheers Red
Best is in the West !!

Offline suzuki 400

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2012, 11:39:10 PM »
i have a mean german shepherd great with the family but bugger if i would wanna break in ,black face ,when we lived in town we use to leave the roller door up enough for him to get his head under ,many people crossed over the other side of the road in a hurry,now where out town you can,t get near the place without the dog telling you about it,living in far north queensland it,s  the best defence ,a friend of mine had his r1 yamaha stolen,thief handed over his license for id grabbed his helmet and rode off ,the license belonged to the thief ,bike has not been seen since and the address on the license was false

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2014, 08:13:50 PM »
Beware on social media, sellers can disappear into thin air ~ fast
Best is in the West !!

oldfart

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2015, 08:47:13 PM »
http://www.cammy.com/home-alarm/

3 cameras and works from an app off your phone  $30-00 a month .... cheap 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 08:49:28 PM by oldfart »

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2015, 09:15:52 AM »
We have just installed a new Uniden 4 camera remote system. Has it's own monitor that saves to a SD card, same as a digital camera. It also has an app for your android phone. $480 but well worth it I reckon.
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2015, 11:06:33 PM »
good pointers here from Troy via  facebook after a positive return via Bayswater Police WA.

Here are some points to consider.
 1. Who actually knows where your bike is kept and how its protected?
 2. How many points of entry is between your letter box and your pride and joy?
 3. How is your bike actually secured? Is it locked to an anchor in the ground? Is it chained and is the chain good quality?
 4. Does it have an alarm, whether stand alone or hard wired? Is the battery charged enough for said alarm to work?
 5. Is your pride and joy insured. If so, what does the insurance policy ACTUALLY cover.? Read the fine print.
 Heres some tips for keeping your pride and joy in your possession.
1. Consider the time of day you move your bike to the track\trail.
 2. Consider where you wash\service your bike.
 3. Consider who is following you back to where you live or store your bike.
 4. Consider installig a tracking device, so incase of theft you can take matters into your own hands.
 5. Consider whether or not to post that picture of your bike on social media.
 6. Consider recording all details of your bike. Including photos, vin numbers, the way you secure it and how you transport it. Call your insurer and let them know of the details as well as keeping the details with your insurance policy in a safe place.
 Whether you are a weekend warrior or a hard core racer, a freestyle freak or doing it for your kids this is our passion. This is our life. To think that someone can take it away from us with no consideration to its actual value to the enthusiast is unfathomable.
Best is in the West !!