Author Topic: Recognise this?  (Read 4610 times)

Offline Morpheus

• Novice
  • aka John
    • View Profile
Recognise this?
« on: June 18, 2017, 05:19:38 PM »
One for the kiwi's...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 05:24:19 PM by Morpheus »
What are you waiting for? You are faster than this. Don't think you are... know you are.

Offline Morpheus

• Novice
  • aka John
    • View Profile
Re: Recognise this?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 01:27:41 PM »
I campaigned this at meetings around the Waikato and BOP during the 79-80 season (or thereabouts). I picked it up off my best mate who was/is a friend of Peter Ploen. This was Ploen's championship winning RM370A, which he had upgraded with B swing arm and shocks, B fork internals and B ignition. The tank still had the sponsors sign-writing on it as you can see.
The seat is off an RM125 (which always fooled a few people), and I had the front seat mount raised a couple of cm's. The bars were some solid alloy things that were a bit of a fashion at the time.
Probably my favorite bike of all time - and I've had a few. Fast and great handling and steering.
Wish I still had it. My mate tells me it is still in the BOP area and being used.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 01:29:12 PM by Morpheus »
What are you waiting for? You are faster than this. Don't think you are... know you are.

Offline Berwick Boy

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Recognise this?
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 01:53:35 PM »
Peter Ploen.  Sigh ...
I'll never forget that wet wet wet 1971 Grand National at Xmas Hills!

Because of one little typo in AMCN, we all went off thinking he was this Kiwi named Peter Pleon