Author Topic: Alpha-sports  (Read 1822 times)

suzuki43

Alpha-sports
« on: November 20, 2007, 05:22:41 PM »
Apologies in advance in rehashing an old topic,but what are these guys like to deal with?:
Do they charge silly freight prices ?
Do they accept paypal ?

Thansk in advance for your help guys.

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha-sports
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 08:02:44 PM »
Freight is definately on the expensive side-worth buying a couple of things to cut costs.Communication was excellent.They accepy p-pal from memory.I want to get into that warehouse-after dark with a big shopping trolley and a balaclava!

Doc

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 08:23:36 PM »
The shipping may not be the cheapest but it is the fastest and the cheaper than Suzuki Australia inventory kinda claws back a little once you spend a few bucks..about 7 days and you'll have the item in your hot little mitts. I've dealt with them on a few occassions and the service has always been excellent..shame I can't say the same about some of the local dealers  :-[ a piston kit and a few gudgeons, bearings and clips cost me $30US postage but as I said..I had it within the week and the cost negligable when you consider the amount of miles traveled   ;) ya pay $10 for a 3kg post bag just to go across the other side of town  :-\
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 08:28:19 PM by Doc »

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 09:56:41 PM »
I've never had any problems with Alpha Sports. None.
A few times they ship like lightning and once it took oh, a bit over 2 weeks.
But in every case, fair pricing on shipping, good price/availability for the parts.
As Chris points out, local dealers aren't always ah.. competitive in their pricing!

suzuki43

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 07:02:59 AM »
Legends,thanks guys. I have a RM 250D restoration project happening and it needs a lot of fiddly stuff.