Author Topic: Typing issues  (Read 3460 times)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
Typing issues
« on: September 14, 2009, 08:16:13 PM »
Whenever I type a long post & the text gets lower than the text box window I find that the window wants to stay at the top of the text box & it jumps up & down with each letter typed.
I cant see what I am typing as I can move the side scroll down to look at whats their but when I type another letter it jumps to the top again.

It does this

when I get down to this level.

Is it just me that suffers this????
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
Re: Typing issues
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 08:20:54 PM »
I've had the same problem Geoff, stuffed if i could work it out either.

mainline

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 08:22:37 PM »
you need to start abbreviating everything like a 15 yr old sending a text message

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 09:19:36 PM »
yeah ive had that problem for ages. Its a combination of things. One reason that im pretty sure it is, is because Graeme has a limit on how many words we can use. I had the same problem on the endurobiketalk forum but Mick increased the word count. until then, if you have IE8 go to the 'reply button' and click it as if you were going to make a post, then click the green arrow refresh button, then click that white broken page button next to the green arrows. That is the IE8 compatibility button because this forum and many websites are not capable of running on IE8 as they are designed for IE7. Its a pain in the arse, but i have found once you do that then you can continue typing longer posts and it doesnt stop you at a certain point.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 09:21:17 PM by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 09:49:36 PM »
Hmmm... I dunno, I've never seen that problem. But I've upped the limit on words in a post, so give it another shot and see what you find...

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 08:40:57 AM »
you need to start abbreviating everything like a 15 yr old sending a text message
No. I will never accept this. I believe that the people who do it are generally  trying to say to me "Look, I am a lazy jerk, I want you all to know it and I wish to show my disdain for you all by writing this way". It sets me in the correct frame of mind when they ask me for assistance or parts.  ;)

firko

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 10:32:50 AM »
No. I will never accept this. I believe that the people who do it are generally  trying to say to me "Look, I am a lazy jerk, I want you all to know it and I wish to show my disdain for you all by writing this way". It sets me in the correct frame of mind when they ask me for assistance or parts. 
Hallelujah Luke!!!
Every time I bring this subject up the usual suspects have a (poorly written) jab back at me. If you're going to put your message out into the public domain, have respect for the people that have to decipher your grammar. Text talk is for texting, not posting on forums.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 11:57:58 AM by firko »

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 01:23:42 PM »

yousillyoldguysthiswasjustputupasajokesometimesithinkyouguystakethingstooseriouslythebestwaytofixthisconfoundedproblemthatstillpersistsistojustleaveoutanyuneccesarytextthanksgeoff
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 10:26:57 AM »
OK
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.