Author Topic: VMX Issue 31 off to the printers  (Read 16107 times)

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: VMX Issue 31 off to the printers
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2007, 03:15:05 PM »

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2007, 03:15:40 PM »
and

firko

« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2007, 04:43:50 PM »
or this

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2007, 04:57:54 PM »
Or maybe this...

Tony T

« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2007, 05:43:28 PM »
But you know what, I reckon this is the place that the boys are most proud to have the famous VMX logo displayed.

How about running a competition for the most 'interesting' location of a VMX sticker? The more way out the better.
Must be a real photo, i.e. no Photoshopping.  ;)
Wadda ya reckon?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 06:02:42 PM by Tony T »

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2007, 06:53:21 PM »
Im not saying the guys from VMX do make pots of money from the mag as I wouldnt have a clue. What I am saying and only saying is to "MY Eyes and My brothers eyes" , the  Advertisment "Appears" to be increasing. If as Ajay says  the percentage has not increased Im sure he is correct.

I do remember having to thumb through several pages in the middle of last quarters mag  which was  several full page adds. Perhaps it is that  en masse advertisments which has given me  the perception of more advertisment? Anyway it left me with a hollow feeling.

I do realise the mag  needs to find a balance and it cant cater for every potential reader but perhaps  the crew  could take  the above and work with it as  If I percieve  the ads have  increased all be it apparently  wrongly,  Im sure other potential readers may hold this opinion but  wont  give feedback and just not purchase the mag.

A critique is an opportunity knocking and with competition im sure VMX would like to know how it can  keep its market share or indeed increase it.

cheers

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2007, 10:18:40 PM »
As I said before, our ad content is still below that of the magazines which were produced by Ray, not only in outright number of pages but also in percentage terms. This is actually quite disappointing from our point of view. :(

So I'm sorry to disappoint you Pokey, but as we are not at anywhere near our full "quota" of ads in the mag as yet, if we get the opportunity ad content will be increasing further. :o

We won't however, be going down the "other mags" route in trying to achieve 50-60% ad content and we will still bear in mind Ray's ideals as they have been and are important to us still. Same old dirt, same old bikes, same old fun...  ;)